Texas Fishing Forum

BASS CLUB!

Posted By: Bassslayerr

BASS CLUB! - 01/14/16 05:49 PM

I live in the grapevine area. I'm on my highschool bass team but my dad and I want to get into more tournaments, like clubs to gain experience and fish more tournaments. Any recommendations on clubs to join or get involved with?
Posted By: Mulkey

Re: BASS CLUB! - 01/14/16 05:53 PM

Ray Hubbard Bass Club
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: BASS CLUB! - 01/14/16 06:08 PM

Gainesville bass club they fish north Texas lakes
Posted By: Dubee

Re: BASS CLUB! - 01/14/16 06:18 PM

Arlington bass club. We fish jan thru nov.
Posted By: Mitch York

Re: BASS CLUB! - 01/14/16 07:07 PM

Gartex Bass Club. We fish year round. Normally the third Sunday of the month.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: BASS CLUB! - 01/14/16 07:53 PM

How old are you? Most clubs have an 18 years minimum,unless you fish with a parent or guardian.
Posted By: BlaiseWeimer

Re: BASS CLUB! - 01/14/16 08:54 PM

North Texas Bass Anglers. We have 4 high school students in our club, and we have tournaments every month. You can check them out at ntbanglers.com
Posted By: Chuck A

Re: BASS CLUB! - 01/14/16 09:13 PM

Irving Bass Club
Posted By: David Rush

Re: BASS CLUB! - 01/14/16 09:15 PM

Denton County Bass Club meets at Bass Pro Shops Grapevine the first Monday of the month.
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: BASS CLUB! - 01/14/16 09:26 PM

I would pick one and go to a meeting and see how they treat you and ask if you can expect to learn from the membership. Tournament guys aren't always the best guys to learn from. Years ago in my club I learned a bunch from the older guys that were willing to teach a young guy. Most of the younger tournament guys were tight lipped about everything. Today there is so much information available to learn from but a solid club is the best way to learn how to compete then move on to a trail. Win AOY in your club and that will give you an idea if you can compete with the rest of the trails out there. Texas turns out some Sticks and the metroplex is full of guys ready to take your money!! Go gett'em

www.irvingbassclub.org
Posted By: G Rod

Re: BASS CLUB! - 01/14/16 11:07 PM

Decide if you want to fish a large club where you have many contacts or a small club with fewer people. My club, the Bass Club of Ft Worth is large and is affiliated with Bass Nation. Would be happy to discuss it with you. Club link is in my signature. We also have a few younger members.

Gene
Posted By: LoneStarHusker

Re: BASS CLUB! - 01/14/16 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By: David Rush
Denton County Bass Club meets at Bass Pro Shops Grapevine the first Monday of the month.

+1
Posted By: CCCL

Re: BASS CLUB! - 01/15/16 12:33 AM

The Arlington Bass Club has a booth at the Fun N Sun Boat Show this weekend. Stop by and check us out. We would be happy to answer any question you have tell you about the club.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: BASS CLUB! - 01/15/16 12:41 AM

go for it. practice helps a lot. time on the water helps even more.
Posted By: CLedbetter

Re: BASS CLUB! - 01/15/16 02:54 AM

+1 for Arlington Bass Club
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum