Texas Fishing Forum

New Shaky head rod

Posted By: Roll Tide Ranger

New Shaky head rod - 01/12/16 07:52 PM

Buying a new shaky head rod and in my price range I believe I have narrowed it down to Falcon Bucoo or Abu Veritas. Thoughts??
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: New Shaky head rod - 01/12/16 08:10 PM

Get a h2o rod honestly for that price range there pretty nice for the price plus anything happens you can take it back and get another one js..

Re: New Shaky head rod - 01/12/16 08:21 PM

I am not a fan of the H20 for any level of sensitivity fishing. Maybe I bought the wrong one but the one I did buy felt like I was fishing a brick
Posted By: Justin Shelton

Re: New Shaky head rod - 01/12/16 08:35 PM

I have a veritas 2.0 and it is the lightest most sensitive rod for the price .. I love it.

Re: New Shaky head rod - 01/12/16 08:42 PM

Never fished one but I love the exposed rod blank on your trigger finger.
Posted By: musiclife_7

Re: New Shaky head rod - 01/12/16 09:04 PM

Veritas or a custom rod....
Posted By: kscatman76

Re: New Shaky head rod - 01/12/16 09:36 PM

I have several of the falcon bucco spinning rods in both the 6'6 and the 7 ft and I absolutely love mine.

Re: New Shaky head rod - 01/12/16 11:02 PM

I have almost exclusive Bucoo casting rods I have just heard a lot of people that like the Veritas so thought I might give one a shot.
Posted By: lizardfliper

Re: New Shaky head rod - 01/12/16 11:56 PM

The megabass levante shakey head has my eye for 199$ Stainless guides and alconite inserts. That's the same setup that's on the g loomis glx rod. it cost close to 100$ just to put those components on there. Its a fine looking rod. Suppose to be a good blank as well.
Posted By: BlaiseWeimer

Re: New Shaky head rod - 01/13/16 02:49 AM

get the Falcon Bucoo... Ive owned 3 Veritas in the past and Ive had issues with the inserts popping out of the tip on all 3

Re: New Shaky head rod - 01/13/16 02:54 AM

Thank you Blaise!! That is the sort of info I was hoping for
Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: New Shaky head rod - 01/14/16 04:17 PM

I've been using the Falcon Bucoo as a shakey head rod for about 3 years and love it.
Posted By: E-bright

Re: New Shaky head rod - 01/14/16 07:40 PM

I have 2 skeet reeses... love them
Posted By: LvilleLrat

Re: New Shaky head rod - 01/14/16 10:32 PM

Jeff come by the house and check out the G Blanks. Got several different ones for you to look at and test in the pool.
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: New Shaky head rod - 01/14/16 11:07 PM

Sorry, but in that price range I would try the Dobyns Fury 702 SF of Dobyns Fury 703 SF. Go try them out at Fun and Sun or other Dobyns dealers. They are sweet for that practice. I have the 703 and LOVE it, but I like heavier rather than lighter rods. They are both ranked as Shaky head rods, too. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck. If you are set on those two, I would go with the Bucoo rod over the Veritas, too many problems with the Veritas rods, for me anyway.

Thad Rains
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum