Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance HDS Mapping Project

Posted By: mbalb61

Lowrance HDS Mapping Project - 01/12/16 05:10 AM

The maps you can get for your Lowrance HDS units are great but sometimes being able to see landmarks is a nice option to have at times. Since old man Winter has finally arrived to the Midwest, I have been going over some lakes in my area and creating maps to use with my Lowrance unit. Its nice to be able to see an island, a tree, a dock or other object to actually see where you are on a body of water.

I have been creating these maps for personal use for the past two years. They were very helpful when fishing an unknown body of water. Examples are several small lakes in my area where these show up on the HDS unit as just blue bodies of water to larger bodies of water including the Mississippi River on several Pools from 7 to 19, Mark Twain Lake, Kentucky Lake and Lake Hartwell just to name a few.

This video will help you create your own maps of aerial land images to use on your Lowrance HDS Gen 2 unit. They will work on the Touch Gen 2 and Gen 2 units. If any of you see something I missed or need info, let me know.

SASPlanet and Insight Map Creator are used to create the maps.

Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: Lowrance HDS Mapping Project - 01/12/16 09:31 PM

Very cool project. Thanks for the tutorial. I sent you a PM asking a few questions.
Posted By: mbalb61

Re: Lowrance HDS Mapping Project - 01/13/16 02:30 AM

Thanks! I think I spent more time on making the video then I did creating the map.
I will check your message and get back with you.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum