Texas Fishing Forum

Would you let someone borrow your boat ?

Posted By: JIM SR.

Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 05:08 PM

A friend of mine asked if he could borrow my boat sometime to take his wife and son fishing.?
I brag about our fishing exploits and show him pictures all the time, and he tells me that he used to have
a boat when they lived in Missouri, etc..ect. After a lot of explanations of why I didn't think it was a good idea
I told him no. I really think he thought I would let him take my boat out for a day on Fork.
Just wondered what you guys would do if some asked to borrow your boat... fish
Posted By: Ricky Taylor

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 05:09 PM

No that's like borrowing my girlfriend.
Posted By: Rockie Martin

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 05:09 PM

I would but only to someone that is experienced.....
Posted By: FX Dreamweaver

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 05:13 PM

Not on a bet. Good way to foul up a friendship if something were to happen. Use the " my insurance wont cover it" if afraid he would be offended, and it's probably true
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 05:16 PM

With an experienced boater and someone I trusted there are probably some places I would agree to it. Lake Fork or any stump filled east Texas lake would not be one of them.
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 05:16 PM

I can count on one hand who I'd let borrow my boat...one of them being my dad.
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 05:18 PM

Generally no.

A long time fishing partner that knows what they're doing and respects your stuff, maybe.
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: WillieKetchum
I can count on one hand who I'd let borrow my boat...one of them being my dad.
thumb
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 05:24 PM

I have and will in the future if they need to borrow it.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 05:24 PM

That is a tough call. For me since that is my business it is almost always a NO. I have let friends in the past but it is a tough call.

You just hope nothing happens or if it does they own up to it and say they did it and will take care of any issues.

Take pictures of everything before boat leaves and inspect it when they come back together just like a rent a car. IMO

Good Luck
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris Borden
I have and will in the future if they need to borrow it.
hey buddy
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 05:25 PM

loaning a boat out to take to lake fork is like being out drunk after midnight nothing good will come of it.
Posted By: SteveHummert

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 05:47 PM

Depends on who is asking.....very select few I would loan it to but if I did, it would be to go wherever they needed to go
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 05:56 PM

Engines blow all the time without warning, that's what would happen to me when I borrow someone elses boat.
Posted By: Neal G

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 05:57 PM

For a crucial tournament day or to practice in for our team tournament - absolutely yes.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 05:59 PM

I would not but would offer to take them fishing.
Posted By: Pumadon

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 06:08 PM

Only 1 person. My brother who has been fishing with me since the 80's is the only person that I would allow to use my boat.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 06:11 PM

Yes, if it were a true friend that I trusted. Preferably not a lake like Fork though. When my boat has been down for repairs, I have had several friends offer me their boat to take out. A couple have been to take it to Fork for a tournament knowing that I am familiar with the lake and the stumps.

Being a true friend, I have always thanked them for the offer but have never accepted it. I know the dangers of anytime that you take a boat to a place like Fork. I also understand that anything can go wrong with a boat at any time. I never wanted the responsibility of having to repair someone elses boat for something like a blown engine.
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 06:13 PM

On my insurance policy, I am the only covered driver. I would simply tell my friend that I'm very sorry but my policy doesn't allow me to loan out my boat
Posted By: 03svtsnakevert

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 06:22 PM

I have loaned mine out to a trusted friend who is very experienced and my dad could take it anytime he wanted
Posted By: kirbydog

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 06:26 PM

My wife and my son. Nobody else.
Posted By: Lowly Net Boy

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 06:32 PM

Aaaaahhhh. No

hell i break stuff myself all the time dont need no help
Posted By: skeeterfan

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 06:40 PM

No, not even if they were insured.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 06:54 PM

I have..... Select few.....and I've borrowed a few though no 30k+ rigs
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 06:54 PM

I would to very few though.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 06:56 PM

I would not, i have had a bad experience with someone using a car of mine before. Its nothing personal, i just dont loan out my property
Posted By: Undertaker56

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 06:59 PM

No!!!!!!
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 07:29 PM

I have and would again. All at Fork but only to very experienced Forksters.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 07:49 PM

[quote=steve hummert]Depends on who is asking.....very select few I would loan it too. I have loaned my boat to a friend of mine because he is a trusted friend and I know how he takes care of his equipment and know of his respect for others and their equipment.

Some people I know, I would never loan them the boat.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 07:52 PM

I wouldnt have a problem loaning a boat to a friend that I fished with many times and they owen a boat, but theres may be in the shop or down for some reason. They all take good care of there stuff, so they would respect mine. Wouldnt matter what lake.
Posted By: CamoLee

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 07:54 PM

wait a minute!!!!.... what about me? I have you in my 4 guys I would let borrow my ranger, course you may never go back to a basscat!.... smile
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 07:57 PM

Yeah, certain people. And for a reason like they have tourney and their boat is in the shop. Not just somebody to go have a day at the lake.
Posted By: Chuck A

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 08:23 PM

I can think of only 3 people I would loan my boat to
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 08:24 PM

I would have to say no. For me to loan my boat to someone I would have to owe them big time. I use to have a pair of jet ski's. Wouldn't let anyone borrow them but would let others ride them when we were at the lake and they got torn up. Of course nobody knew how or who did it. Just ended up costing me more money and trouble so I had to even stop allowing others to ride. Things happen understandably but in this age people won't own up in my experience.
Posted By: fishnfanatic84

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 08:24 PM

I've let my buddy use my boat to fish a BASS central open, his boat was in the shop. Only 3 people I trust enough to take my boat out, my dad and two of my buddies, outside of that your SOL.
Posted By: Pufferfish

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 08:30 PM

No, no..aaaand, no.
Posted By: toddfish

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 08:32 PM

Yes, I have 2 friends that I would have no problem letting them borrow my boat, both of them long time fishing buddies, and both very experienced boaters.
Posted By: GROD

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 09:03 PM

I would to a fishing buddy or someone I knew would take care of the boat and bring it back the way they took it. Then again my boat is only worth about 6000, so not the end of the world if something happened... I would be more concerned about taking a young child on the boat.
Posted By: Pumadon

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 09:16 PM

CamoLee you know I would let you borrow my Cat. The only problem is you would never go back to your Ranger or a Merc. The whole problem is you don't fish any more. LOL
Posted By: SIR-FISH-LOT

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 09:27 PM

No to the hell No.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 09:27 PM

Many years ago a club ‘friend’ asked to borrow my aluminum Tracker to fish a tournament on Palestine. He wanted to use my boat instead of his heavy glass boat thinking my boat would draft less water (true). He wanted to take my boat from the Villages where the tournament went out of up to Kickapoo. Thought my boat would be better as it would not hit as much as his heavy boat. BTW he had never been up there before!

So it is OK to take my boat up there, not knowing where you are going because it might not hit as much stuff??? No thank you!

That being said there are a few good friends I would loan my boat to but not very many.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 09:35 PM

Like some have said, only to an individual that I know is VERY experienced on Fork. An even then I would be worried the whole time that they would hit a stump and tear up the lower unit or knock the trolling motor off.

The problem with Fork at its current (full) level is that people like me that used to have landmark trees & stumps now cannot see them. That makes guys like me even more dangerous because I "think" I know where I'm going.

Ask Skeeter Fowler how nervous he was when I ran from the back of Dale Creek to the main lake in his Ranger. roflmao
Posted By: FACSR

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 09:42 PM

No ! and I would not ask someone to borrow their boat either, that really puts friends on the spot.
Posted By: bccougar

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 10:04 PM

This sounds odd, but it depends on if they could afford it. If it was someone I knew had the money to fix it or replace it, then probably. I say that because, insurance does not cover someone else in my boat and Im not going to risk loosing it all because they cant pay to fix it. Even then I would probably have them sign a contract of responsibility. If they wont sign that then they don't want to go bad enough. Lastly, they would have to be someone I trusted and knew their capabilities.
Posted By: bccougar

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 10:06 PM

I have done it a couple times when I had cheaper boats, but with the price of boats today, Its too big a risk without financial liability.
Posted By: Monte Coon

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 10:07 PM

I loaned mine to Brian Clark a few years ago when his got damaged during Kings of Cowtown, he went on to win the tournament. There's a few others I would loan it to but it's a short list.
Posted By: rowlettfisherman

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 10:56 PM

I would if they have owned a boat and I knew there experience level. So I would know haw they treat their stuff
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 11:01 PM

My nephew and my fishing partner are on the long list of 2 that don't even have to ask.
Anyone else shouldn't even ask.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 11:13 PM

I borrowed my dad's new ZX 250 twice while my boat was in the shop. The second time I found a piece of steel just under the water while idling into a marina on Texoma. Did $1,000 worth of damage and I got it repaired and paid for within a week. Lesson learned.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 11:18 PM

I have let Tommy and Tony Climer borrow my boat twice to fish Champs events when their boat was in the shop.

eeks

there are a few I would loan any boat I owned to whether it cost $750 or $75,000

it's just a boat
Posted By: skeeterbugzx300

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 11:21 PM

there is only three people I would let use my boat, if any thing happen I know it would get fixed.
Posted By: O2 Bubbler

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 11:24 PM

yeah....the same guy that you let take your sister out on the town for drinks...........no one.........and dad wont ask since that would be incest.
Posted By: HaulinBass02

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/11/16 11:36 PM

Absolutely not. My nephew keeps asking and my answer is always no. I don't have the money to fix it if he won't own up and I know insurance won't cover him. Too many risks on the water and I like my boat. I've told him to save his money and get him a good used boat. He just don't care that much so I won't let him do it. My dad used to be on the short list but his health is poor and he can't handle a boat anymore, he won't ask now, I just take him with me. I really don't have anyone else I could trust. I don't let a whole lot of people borrow my cars either....
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 12:08 AM

Yes but ,I have a 19 year old Ranger, you just can't break it. It's a battle ship, it has scratches from 18 years on RR.
Posted By: Bruce Bullard

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 12:10 AM

Three times since 87, first time my brother, busted windshield,my problem. Second time, my dad and couple of his friends, they thought they really screwed up, never told them it was the kill switch. Last time I let my friend, who I've fished with 20 years, take my dad and son crappie fishing, no boat issues, but they wanted to murder him. He keeps his boat spotless, made sure mine was returned as borrowed
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 01:42 AM

Ha! I would let one person use my boat. And only because he trusted me to use his. A while back, I used to fish from his back seat all the time. One day, I was talking to him about some things I could fix on his boat for him. He said come get it! Haha. I did. Straight to my driveway. A few days later, I said I was finished. He said...take it and try it out! I said ok. A few hours later I called him and asked him where the "choke" was on his Nitro. Lol I could hear the nervousness in his voice when he asked when and WHAT was my last boat. I said 1993 and it was a Taylor Craft jet boat. Lol. He politely said push in the key. Lol. Then I called and asked how to "turn on" the trolling motor and he said to meet him at the boat dock!!! Lol. Good times. Learned quite a bit since then. I'd loan him anything thing I own. Without question.
Posted By: Rube G.

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 01:51 AM

NO WAY!!
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 02:20 AM

There are maybe a few people that I trust. For sure, one of those people would be my father, then I think the only other person I would trust would be my grandfather. If he can back in a 43ft motor yacht into a tiny marina slip, then he can put a 20ft bass boat back on the trailer. I'd really have to think hard about anyone else. It has nothing to do with potential boat damage, it's all about whether or not I'd be able to move on if someone lost their life while driving my boat. Boats and money are replaceable, lives are not!
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 02:33 AM

Only my 21 year old son and a couple of Gambler owners I know personally.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 02:55 AM

A few that I would. Problem is you never know when it's just going to blow up going down the lake regardless of who is driving it. You just have to accept that.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 02:57 AM

Dad only!
Posted By: B-Deuces

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 03:18 AM

2 people and 2 people only. My partner and my girlfriend. Although I'm not against adding more people to it if I got to know them well enough
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Like some have said, only to an individual that I know is VERY experienced on Fork. An even then I would be worried the whole time that they would hit a stump and tear up the lower unit or knock the trolling motor off.

The problem with Fork at its current (full) level is that people like me that used to have landmark trees & stumps now cannot see them. That makes guys like me even more dangerous because I "think" I know where I'm going.

Ask Skeeter Fowler how nervous he was when I ran from the back of Dale Creek to the main lake in his Ranger. roflmao

LOL Ken

I have seen you boat on the water at Fork in Little Caney and to my surprise, you weren't in the boat. The guy I talked to said you were coming up on the following day. He said he was scouting out the lake for you....LOL finding the fish.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 03:22 AM

I have several times, i trust my friends.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 03:33 AM

I have 5 or 6 that could anytime no questions asked

And I would think they would do the same for me
Heck first time I borrowed my partners boat I lost the whole bench seat in his champion on the way to the lake. $850 and a couple of weeks later he had a new factory seat
Posted By: DedShort

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 03:50 AM

the list is very short.
Posted By: Grant2

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 03:58 AM

I would and have let 2 of my fishing partners use my boat never a problem. They have also done the same for me when I needed their boats it's all on who you trust.
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 04:13 AM

Not on Fork. No matter who it was.

On a lake I know isn't extremely stumpy then there's probably two people I would CONSIDER. Still not a yes. . .
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 04:15 AM

Yes, but that list of folks is very short.
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 11:21 AM

I would let maybe one person do, very responsible person and knows to replace if any damage is done.
Posted By: Tony S

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 11:26 AM

It's all good when you borrow your partner's boat till you spill a bottle of Dip-n-Dye on the seat.
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 12:26 PM

Oh, you didn't go there, I'm having flash backs.
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 12:37 PM

I let my son borrow my boat on multiple occasions. It has hardly ever turned out well. He can drive the boat fine, it's all the other things that he's not all that competent at. Plus, as Murphy's law applies, if something can go wrong when someone else has your boat, it will. For example...My son borrowed my boat when he made the club top 6 and fished Granbury in the state tournament. He blew the power head...Computer diagnosis said he did not do anything wrong, the boat had never hit the rev limiter, etc. Just bad luck. The good news was that it was still under warranty and Mercury footed the entire bill, no questions asked.
Posted By: eggs'isled

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 12:38 PM

only my brother...
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: ezbassin

LOL Ken

I have seen you boat on the water at Fork in Little Caney and to my surprise, you weren't in the boat. The guy I talked to said you were coming up on the following day. He said he was scouting out the lake for you....LOL finding the fish.

LOL. We have two ChemCal boats nowadays. I frequently get texts telling me they saw me on the lake but I am nowhere near it.
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 12:59 PM

I have two friends that I would, but that's it.

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 02:10 PM

I would never ask a good friend to borrow his boat
Posted By: crapyetr

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 02:11 PM

Amen

Originally Posted By: Hog Jaw
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 02:20 PM

I've loaned mine to good responsible friends before and I've borrowed boats in the past when in a pinch. I wouldn't make a habit of either but depending on the situation, yes I would.
Posted By: teamchampion

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 02:22 PM

No way.
Posted By: Afro

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 02:41 PM

Sure I would! If it was my clone!!
Posted By: BassSAT

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 02:43 PM

Only if I can borrow their wife or girlfriend for the day...lol
Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 02:50 PM

You can borrow my new pick up but not my old boat!!
Posted By: 921ELITE Cranker

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 03:20 PM

I'd let someone borrow my wife before I'd let anyone borrow my boat. Too much of a liability
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 03:31 PM

Absolutely. I have a friend that owns a service center and does all of the work on it..... He can. wink

A short list of others, all boat owners. They can.

But that's it.

It's just a boat after all and completely different than a girlfriend.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 05:10 PM

just quickly looking at all the answers seems like the yes's out number the no's 3-4 to 1.
Looks like it really depends on who's asking..For myself I can say that I don't think I would ever
let anyone borrow my boat. Too many things could happen that I don't want to have to confront.
I want to keep my friends, that would be a great way to lose one. fish
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 05:22 PM

lol....try Ray branch....pucker factor extreme
Posted By: Jamoke

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 05:50 PM

I have let Beltonbill borrow my boat, and would let him use it any time he needed. He is more careful with it then I am. I would be a nervous wreck to let anyone else including my family!!!
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 05:50 PM

Originally Posted By: lakeforkfisherman
Only my son and a couple of Gambler owners I know personally.

cheers peep
Posted By: L a r r y

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 07:54 PM

Most people wanna borrow ketchup.......or even some sugar............but my boat???? HAAAAAAIIIIIIILLLLLL NAWWWWWWWW

BYE FELICIA

Posted By: DAN-O

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 08:03 PM

Only close family.
Posted By: petro

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 08:18 PM

Yes, but only to certain people
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 08:25 PM

I've done it twice.

The first boat leaked a little so I told them to keep an eye on the bilge. And I tied a float on the back just in case it sunk so they would be able to find it.

The second boat (at the time) was a three year old 18' pro-craft. Sometimes you just have to help out your fellow club anglers when they need it.

When he came back from the BASS Fed regional I notice a crack in the gel-coat on the inside near the left seat. I also noted that some of the tackle I had left in the boat was missing and my subscription polarized sunglasses were missing out of the glove compartment. He said he hit a speed bump in the parking lot.

I called the tournament director and got the name of the guy who was his co-angler. This guy said that he was passing a bunch of boats on the takeoff and nearly dumped them out when it went airborne and that is when my sunglasses blew out, and this guy also lost 2 combos worth $500. The boat came down very hard.

I found my tackle in his workshop.

Would I do it again? NO

Have I talked to the liar since? NO

Posted By: tbates

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 08:26 PM

Dad and brother only
Posted By: CamoLee

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 08:27 PM

Cutting to the bone! I will be showing you how it's done this year! :))))))))
Posted By: californiabass22

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 08:27 PM

i have loaned my boat out to one person before, my previous tournament partner who i knew very well and trusted. i did not feel the need to tell him to be careful, or that he would have to pay for thing if they were damaged because i knew that he would. i would not have a problem with loaning it to someone who i knew owned one and had the knowledge of boats, but would still be a tad nervous.
Posted By: californiabass22

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Tony S
It's all good when you borrow your partner's boat till you spill a bottle of Dip-n-Dye on the seat.

TRUTH....lol, one of my buddies did that to one of mine. But he had the carpet cleaned completely, it did not come out, but i knew it was an honest mistake, and after he offered to replace the entire carpet (and i refused) i knew he felt bad about it. it is was it is
Posted By: thedeuce

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 08:37 PM

Not a chance, you should take his son wife and him fishing like a guide trip. Too many things that could go wrong that May or May not have to do with him. Unless this guy has a awesome deer lease and will allow you to go shoot a huge buck.
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/12/16 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Hog Jaw

That's really the more important thing. I'd never want to put a friend in that situation.
Posted By: Reds Bass Guide on Sandlin

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/17/16 03:42 AM

No and I will not ask anyone to borrow theirs ..NO bad idea, Hire a guide. Or my tractor NOPE.....
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/17/16 03:51 AM

Nope not inless there rich and have disposable income
Posted By: USA-1

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/17/16 04:07 AM

1) you shouldn't have to explain chit to him 2) guy that asks to borrow another's man boat is not a friend (unless owner encourages another to take it 3) dude ain't got good character when he asks to borrow another mans boat
Posted By: thechapman

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/18/16 10:48 PM

No way possible
Posted By: BigCaseyB206

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/19/16 04:47 AM

I've got a couple of friends that I wouldn't hesitate for a second to let them use my boat. They were there for me countless times when money was tight and they asked me to go fishing with them and never accepted a dime from me. Granted, they are very experienced boaters and take great care of their rigs, so I know they would treat mine the same. I'm not gonna worry about if something happens mechanically - I figure it could just as easily happen to me.
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/19/16 04:51 AM

I've loaned mine out a few times. Borrowed a few as well.
Posted By: big fish2

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/19/16 05:05 AM

Not no but Hell NO!!!
Posted By: airforcefishin

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/19/16 06:24 AM

I have borrowed and will let mine go to a select few.
I have also had a guide let me use his boat to finish a day when I whacked a stump in mine
Posted By: COWBOYSFAN008

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/19/16 06:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Ricky Taylor
No that's like borrowing my girlfriend.

roflmao
Posted By: cbag1

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/19/16 07:10 AM

Hell no
Posted By: bass_n_fire

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/20/16 12:16 PM

I would only loan my boat to one person that I can think of, because we have fished several years together and feel that he would do the same for me. I love my dad, but wouldn't even loan it to him.
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/20/16 07:43 PM

I know this one guy who fishes all the time that borrows a boat because his wife won't let him buy one, I think he needs to grow a pair and buy one anyway's.
Posted By: RodBreaker CWill

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/20/16 07:56 PM

Maybe my Dad and that's it. And that is only because he has been operating bass boats most of his life.
Posted By: Fritz423

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/20/16 08:57 PM

I would but I'm worried about that leaking gas tank.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/20/16 09:11 PM

Yep, would not have an issue loaning my boat out... to a VERY SELECT few people.
Posted By: guntz67

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/21/16 02:29 AM

I have 2 friends that I would let borrow my boat anytime they needed , but I also know they would let me borrow theirs if I needed one but they are the only ones so DON'T ASK .
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/21/16 02:36 AM

Have loaned mine a couple of times in the past. Would so so again in a heartbeat with a few close friends etc.
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/21/16 02:52 AM

I would feel comfortable taking out anyone's boat here.
Posted By: RHP

Re: Would you let someone borrow your boat ? - 01/21/16 03:06 AM

Nope. Never.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum