Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin adds 21 pros

Posted By: Mark Perry

Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/11/16 04:12 PM

Not sure I have ever seen one company add so many tour level staff all at once. Looks like they are settling in to having a bigger piece of the bass market.

http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_article/15202/garmin-adds-21-to-pro-staff#.VpPTq_krLIV
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/11/16 04:42 PM

Tom Redington,..way to go Tom. I have a Garmin 93SV and love its simplicity and performance.
I would like to be able to use my Lakemaster cards in it though...
Posted By: Panhandle

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/11/16 09:52 PM

I'm just now learning how to use the 1040Xs units on my new to me boat. I like the simplicity of use, side vu and down vu are great. I too wish I could use other mapping in my unit, but overall am pleased. The 2016 updates will be a big plus.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/12/16 12:18 AM

U can add them all don't mean u gonna get a return on there part of the deal to make more sales. This refers back to the Pro Staffers for the patches. Very few on that list actually endorse products right!
Posted By: COHLMEYER

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/12/16 01:19 AM

I'm interested to see what the future holds for them. It could only help the market that another big player steps in.
Posted By: jwallbassin

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/12/16 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By: mudd
U can add them all don't mean u gonna get a return on there part of the deal to make more sales. This refers back to the Pro Staffers for the patches. Very few on that list actually endorse products right!

Looks like a pretty strong list to me!
Posted By: mudd

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/12/16 04:40 AM

Originally Posted By: jwallbassin

Any list can look strong from a glance. Look at most those guys Facebooks or other postings. U will chow many push products over the long term use. That's all I was saying
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/12/16 04:50 AM

Hey why is my name not on that list smile
Posted By: Okie State basser

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/12/16 05:54 AM

Garmin units have impressed me with their image clarity. Maybe some pros have also taken notice.
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/12/16 06:12 AM

Originally Posted By: jwallbassin

Any list can look strong from a glance. Look at most those guys Facebooks or other postings. U will chow many push products over the long term use. That's all I was saying

When you think of it, how many pros influence you to walk out and buy a boat or graphs? It's mainly the semi pros that are local that sale products. I have noticed a few co anglers purchasing after being in the boat with certain that individuals. Guides also fall into this bracket. High dollar purchases are sold by salesmen not supper heros.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/12/16 06:51 AM

A company like Garmin is pretty savvy when it comes to the best way to speND their advertising and promotional money. If they did not see a good return then they would not have done it. These guys will help sell the brand no doubt.
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/12/16 01:14 PM

Nice additions to the Garmin team. I've been lucky to have become a beta tester for Garmin the last three years. Testing these new units before they come out on the market is awesome. I'm pretty much a nobody that likes to fish a lot. I don't fish many tournaments either. They absolutely pay attention to my reports back to them as far as good features and things that need improvement. They are really making an effort to make an impact in the fresh water market. The PS21 Panoptix, QuickDraw mapping, and the new Striker series are just some of the great innovations they've come up with lately. The great thing is, you don't have to be a computer genius to navigate through the menus.

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: Kevin D.

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/15/16 05:12 AM

Originally Posted By: ring fry
Nice additions to the Garmin team. I've been lucky to have become a beta tester for Garmin the last three years. Testing these new units before they come out on the market is awesome. I'm pretty much a nobody that likes to fish a lot. I don't fish many tournaments either. They absolutely pay attention to my reports back to them as far as good features and things that need improvement. They are really making an effort to make an impact in the fresh water market. The PS21 Panoptix, QuickDraw mapping, and the new Striker series are just some of the great innovations they've come up with lately. The great thing is, you don't have to be a computer genius to navigate through the menus.

SE Kansas grass grower

Man, if that new Striker 7sv would do lake maps of any kind I'd buy two of them tomorrow.... if there were any in stock anywhere so that I could buy two tomorrow.
Posted By: teamchampion

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/15/16 03:18 PM

Almost went with Garmin over Lowrance. Kinda wish I had.
Posted By: jseago

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/15/16 04:17 PM

Some of the best fishermen I know were running a handheld garmin for gps purposes before the technology hit this fishing market directly. Knew it was only a matter of time before they became a player in the mix.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/15/16 05:51 PM

Congratulations to Tom

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/16/16 02:05 PM

Kevin, you have to step up to the ECHOmap Chirp series to get the mapping. I'm running the 73dv chirp on the trolling motor with Panoptix and love it.
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/16/16 03:19 PM

I believe Caldemeyer posted on FB he made the change as well.
Posted By: skeeterman2014

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/16/16 07:07 PM

This is crazy, i was at Garland BPS last night and wanted to look at Garmin. All they had was small units (a few on sale) ask about them he told me that he couldnt sale Garmin (SI,DI) unites because they are locked in a law suite with Hummingbird and Lowrance. Any truth to this?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/16/16 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: skeeterman2014
This is crazy, i was at Garland BPS last night and wanted to look at Garmin. All they had was small units (a few on sale) ask about them he told me that he couldnt sale Garmin (SI,DI) unites because they are locked in a law suite with Hummingbird and Lowrance. Any truth to this?

popcorn
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/17/16 01:43 AM

http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/2015/12/federal-agency-rules-garmin-violated-navico-patents/

I picked up a 93sv a couple weeks ago and love it.

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/17/16 01:41 PM

NO.

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/17/16 03:31 PM

That panoptix stuff they came out with was huge. I'm still confused by it but like anything else, it just takes practice and time using it to get used to it
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/18/16 12:12 AM

that's BS, take your business to DSM then, that's where I bought mine and got installed.
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/18/16 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Bissett
That panoptix stuff they came out with was huge. I'm still confused by it but like anything else, it just takes practice and time using it to get used to it

yep, I'm still new to it, already learned a ton just watching my bait come back to boat. I thought I was slow rolling it back, but it was still only 10-15 feet down. You REALLY have to slow roll a bait to keep it deeper.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/18/16 02:05 AM

NO.

SE Kansas grass grower

So the link with the lawsuit isn't real? popcorn
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/18/16 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout

NO.

SE Kansas grass grower

So the link with the lawsuit isn't real? popcorn

NO!

Haha. Just kidding. I think it sounds more like a stern suggestion to not sell the product with the infringing circuit.

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/18/16 02:41 PM

No the lawsuit was real but it has been resolved and neither retailers or consumers are affected in any way.

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: skeeterman2014

Re: Garmin adds 21 pros - 01/18/16 03:07 PM

Thanks guys ill keep looking then.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum