Texas Fishing Forum

Under Armor Rain Gear

Posted By: Mayo

Under Armor Rain Gear - 01/06/16 08:16 PM

Anyone know anything about their rain gear line? I'm looking for something that's light weight but 100% water proof. I recently purchased the Cabela's Extreme Guide Wear and it's wonderful in these current conditions but looking for something when the weather begins to warm.

Thanks
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Under Armor Rain Gear - 01/06/16 09:11 PM

It's goretex so it's probably GTG

Re: Under Armor Rain Gear - 01/06/16 11:01 PM

I saw several different pieces. Some gore-tex some not. I'm looking for some feedback from people that have worn them.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Under Armor Rain Gear - 01/06/16 11:03 PM

I have the UA Sonar rainsuit and like it a LOT....well built and keeps you dry without burning you up.
Posted By: Fork-LegendV21

Re: Under Armor Rain Gear - 01/07/16 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
I have the UA Sonar rainsuit and like it a LOT....well built and keeps you dry without burning you up.

Same here... Love mine

Re: Under Armor Rain Gear - 01/07/16 12:20 PM

Thanks gents... I'll look into that one.
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: Under Armor Rain Gear - 01/07/16 03:13 PM

Check out the Cabelas guidewear bass angler jacket and bibs. Is the extreme insulated? I was thinking about getting the extreme(have the bass angler suit already) but I didn't want them to be insulated.
Posted By: Santonio Banderas

Re: Under Armor Rain Gear - 01/07/16 04:27 PM

UA makes a good rain suit, not warm but keeps you dry.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Under Armor Rain Gear - 01/07/16 04:38 PM

Orvis makes some great lightweight rain gear.

http://www.orvis.com/p/riverbend-men-s-rain-jacket/2ck1

Re: Under Armor Rain Gear - 01/07/16 05:02 PM

Yeah, the extreme is insulated the guide wear regular isn't. I know someone that can get crazy discounts from UA and I need some light rain gear that works really good in bad weather. I really like the Cabela's set I got for cold wet weather. I've been really comfortable in them so far. I bought the set on Black Friday and paid only 270 bucks.
Posted By: kacoach

Re: Under Armor Rain Gear - 01/07/16 05:22 PM

I have a pair of UA Cold Gear rain gear that is really good in cold weather. It's a little hot if it's warmer than about 70 degrees outside. It will flat out keep you dry.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide- Greg West

Re: Under Armor Rain Gear - 01/07/16 06:21 PM

UA rain gear is the real deal!! Worth every penny

Re: Under Armor Rain Gear - 01/07/16 06:42 PM

^^^^ is there a particular one you like for warmer weather?
Posted By: BAJackson16

Re: Under Armor Rain Gear - 01/07/16 07:44 PM

I have the UA Storm Rain Jacket and Rain Pants. I think they were 99 each. Not insulated at all.

In the winter, I just bundle up and put the rain jacket over everything. I used it last May/June in some quick rainstorms and I didn't get hot at all. I like them and they don't break your pocket like the 100mph type combo (jacket/bibs)
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum