Texas Fishing Forum

Any Lake, anytime

Posted By: B-Deuces

Any Lake, anytime - 01/05/16 07:25 PM

OK guys, planning the vacations for the year and my partner and I have decided to take a 7 day trip to do nothing other than bass fish.

If you could fish anywhere, what lake and what time of year would you go?
Posted By: creekbeater

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/05/16 07:34 PM

Guntersville. Mid April. If that doesn't pan out there's a bunch of other lakes close by to chose from.
Posted By: DedShort

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/05/16 08:16 PM

Erie in February. You will never forget that!
Posted By: coachmas

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/05/16 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: creekbeater
Guntersville. Mid April. If that doesn't pan out there's a bunch of other lakes close by to chose from.

Any of those Tennessee River chain would be awesome. Chickamugua(Sp?), Kentucky, Wilson, etc. Go catch 4-6lb+ LM bass and big spotted bass too!!!!

Coach
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/05/16 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: young gun 12
OK guys, planning the vacations for the year and my partner and I have decided to take a 7 day trip to do nothing other than bass fish.

If you could fish anywhere, what lake and what time of year would you go?

Comodero, Salto and Picachos in the Winter, January or February. Great weather, food and fishing.

Posted By: Palestino

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/05/16 08:48 PM

Definitely Guntersville, mid April or 2nd week in May. All the green fish you can handle! Been going for several years. Its always amazing that time of year. Went to Chick last year 1st week of May and it sucked. Guide said we were about a week early. Guntersville was great every day.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/05/16 08:57 PM

Toledo Bend late March through early May is lights out.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/05/16 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13

Or..... A few days on TB and make the short drive over to Rayburn for the rest of the week and do both. thumb
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/05/16 09:13 PM

Guntersville April-may for frog fishing
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/05/16 10:35 PM

Sugar lake in late July or early August. The Hotter the better.
Posted By: Ricky Taylor

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/05/16 11:22 PM

Joe Pool
Jan 6, 2015
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/06/16 12:10 AM

California for some giant spots on giant swimbaits.
The big o flipping for big ones.
Guntersville or chick.
Big smallies up on Erie

Just start checking them off one a year
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/06/16 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Ricky Taylor
Joe Pool
Jan 6, 2015

I like your taste.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/06/16 12:25 AM

Falcon during full moon in February. fish
Posted By: Bob Smith

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/06/16 12:59 AM

If you're really interested in learning when to fish Guntersville or one of the TVA lakes, give Mike Carter of www.Anglingadventures.info a call. Mmike post over on the GFF all the time and I can assure you he KNOWS when and where!
February through April are good on both G-ville and Chickamauga. Weather depending you can experience the trip of a lifetime! In North Georgia we have a several mountain lakes like Carters Lake where you can get your arm broke with a magnum spotted bass, The winter time is the right time for those big spots, fish head spin, jigging spoons, finesse jigs, drop shot, and my favorite, Float n Fly. There are several Tennessee impoundments that can produce super sized spotted bass and smallmouth bass this time of year!
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/06/16 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: creekbeater

I agree. I went there in April of 2010 and the fishing was awesome. I'll go back one of these days.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/06/16 01:45 AM

Sturgeon Bay mid May to mid June...
Posted By: mikereils5er

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/06/16 03:10 AM

clear lake in California, best bass fishery in the nation, hands down, best time to go is early spring(feb-march) for 30 pound bags. if you are in California for a week, id also recommend going to the calfifornia delta. 2 best fisheries on the west coast
Posted By: bluebonnet2

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/06/16 03:08 PM

good morning,

"el salto".....probassadventures.com......doug king....he's on here..jan, feb, march............tell him gary said hello....480 861 5021

non-stop DFW to mazatlan, pick you up at the airport....glass boats, great food, great guides....

good luck,
PURA VIDA,
bluebonnet2
Posted By: muscogeemike

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/06/16 03:55 PM

#1 E. Lake Toho,FL, in late March behind the reed line. #2 A small lake in AR called Hienkle in April, full of Spotted Bass.
Posted By: wootersbassin

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/06/16 07:07 PM

Probably lewisville
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/06/16 07:20 PM

Northwest Ontario, Canada.....Rainy Lake or Lake o' the Woods.......smallmouth heaven........First week of June.
Posted By: Jkrez

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/06/16 08:39 PM

I wonder if the same thread was on alabamafishingforum.com they would all be saying Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend
Posted By: B-Deuces

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/07/16 04:40 PM

sounds like ill be making a trip to Guntersville! Probably early april
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/07/16 06:45 PM

I fished for a couple of days this fall on Toho and Kissimmee and that whole connected chain and had a blast. It was really a cool experience with the shallow lakes, the canal system in between each lake that you lock in and out of, and all the different types of grass. The lakes are full of huge fish and the weather is beautiful most of the time! Wherever you decide, booking a guide for the first day or so is well worth the money IMO, helps to speed up the whole getting dialed in process.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/07/16 06:53 PM

I have also fished the Boundary waters up there in Northern Minnesota in June, about 4 weeks after ice out, and that was Smallmouth heaven! As many 2-4lb. smallies as you wanted to catch with a bunch of nice Pike mixed in. You needed one rod with 12lb. line and several white spinner baits so you could change them out as the fish wore them out! We started in Gunflint lake and paddled and portaged through several lakes for a week! That was an unforgettable adventure!!!!
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/07/16 07:35 PM

Boundary Waters is awesome, on the right lakes at the right time it is one of the few places left on the planet where you can catch a fish almost every cast. Smallies up to 5lbs. It involves hardcore wilderness camping though. Not for the faint of heart. Sturgeon bay is nearly unbeatable if you get decent weather, but it's a [censored] shoot at best.

I'm sticking around Texas this year. I'm going to pound the eastern lakes in March and April. Mexico is on my radar at some point in the next couple years as well.
Posted By: californiabass22

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/07/16 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13

+1 to this one, Toledo is so much fun in May, be ready to deal with the heat, but catching 4's and 5's all day will help with that.
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/07/16 08:55 PM

Lake Alan Henry in late March, early April or even late April, depending on water temps. Go with Curtis Norrod (TTU Fisherman) here on the board. He has like 5 13's in a row from year to year. Just sayin'. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/07/16 09:08 PM

7 days late March early April, you're already in Texas, Big Sam, T Bend, Caddo, Pines, Athens, Monti, Cypress....
Your arms will be wore out....Save your money and book a guide every other lake if you can fit in their schedule...
That would be one heck of a trip, you can fish some of those lakes from one hotel/motel location... grin
Posted By: Canada Every Year

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/07/16 09:59 PM

A fly in trip to NW Ontario is the ultimate Small Mouth trip for a lot less money than you think. June through August you can catch 100 SM a day. You can also run across a Musky that can literally eat any bass you have ever caught along with Walleye, Black Bass and Lake Trout.

www.nielsensflyinlodge.com
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/08/16 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Bass Buster1
I have also fished the Boundary waters up there in Northern Minnesota in June, about 4 weeks after ice out, and that was Smallmouth heaven! As many 2-4lb. smallies as you wanted to catch with a bunch of nice Pike mixed in. You needed one rod with 12lb. line and several white spinner baits so you could change them out as the fish wore them out! We started in Gunflint lake and paddled and portaged through several lakes for a week! That was an unforgettable adventure!!!!

Sounds awesome! We were not wanting to carry boats and paddle because we had too many lazy people in our group. We actually put in and went up lake about 12 miles and wa-la, there was our resort. We hauled our boats from OK. Anything you wanted, you had to haul in, including gas for the boat. I know several that did it your way and they had a blast......just you and nature!
Posted By: thechapman

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/21/16 04:36 PM

Guntersville or pickwick. Late March/early april
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/21/16 05:29 PM

Lake of the Woods!!
Posted By: kevindlew

Re: Any Lake, anytime - 01/21/16 10:52 PM

Bahahaha. I do love JP, but mostly because I'm 5 mins away.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum