Texas Fishing Forum

H2O Express crankbaits, what kind of depth should I expect?

Posted By: lipjerk

H2O Express crankbaits, what kind of depth should I expect? - 01/05/16 06:48 PM

Looking at buying a few of each, square bills, mid and deep divers. At four dollars each, seems like a good enough deal for back up cranks. What kind of depth are you guys getting out of each bait?
Posted By: wootersbassin

Re: H2O Express crankbaits, what kind of depth should I expect? - 01/05/16 07:01 PM

Square bills around 4 feet
Posted By: 361V

Re: H2O Express crankbaits, what kind of depth should I expect? - 01/05/16 10:04 PM

On the small squarebills I get around 3-4 feet max. They are good cranks. I have a bluegill colored one that has caught more fish then I remember including a couple 8+ at Falcon and while the paint is showing the miles that thing keeps catching fish!
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: H2O Express crankbaits, what kind of depth should I expect? - 01/05/16 10:26 PM

I believe you can reach 5' with 15# fluorocarbon and a really long cast.
Posted By: kingfish_1970

Re: H2O Express crankbaits, what kind of depth should I expect? - 01/06/16 08:48 AM

Originally Posted By: 361V
On the small squarebills I get around 3-4 feet max. They are good cranks. I have a bluegill colored one that has caught more fish then I remember including a couple 8+ at Falcon and while the paint is showing the miles that thing keeps catching fish!

I have one like that. It only touches water when theres money on the line. I stock up on H20 when they are under 3 bucks.

Re: H2O Express crankbaits, what kind of depth should I expect? - 01/06/16 02:52 PM

I appreciate the info guys, has anyone thrown the mid and deep divers?
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: H2O Express crankbaits, what kind of depth should I expect? - 01/06/16 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: lipjerk

not gonna get down like a 5xd/6xd I still toss the h2o square bills allot, but stick to strike king when it comes to the mid-deep divers. I would say 15-17ft maybe on the deep diver with 12lb line

Re: H2O Express crankbaits, what kind of depth should I expect? - 01/06/16 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

not gonna get down like a 5xd/6xd I still toss the h2o square bills allot, but stick to strike king when it comes to the mid-deep divers. I would say 15-17ft maybe on the deep diver with 12lb line

Thanks for the reply, my question was more aimed at how deep the mid and deep divers get to, so I appreciate your response.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: H2O Express crankbaits, what kind of depth should I expect? - 01/06/16 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Thanks for the reply, my question was more aimed at how deep the mid and deep divers get to, so I appreciate your response.

I think get about 2 feet shallower than the printed depths on the bait.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: H2O Express crankbaits, what kind of depth should I expect? - 01/06/16 06:23 PM

If you go down a line size it will help get you where you want. If not comfortable going down to 10lb or maybe even 8 you can switch to braid. It's subjective whether it costs you strikes or not. A lot of people use it to get mad depth out of their crankbaits.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum