Texas Fishing Forum

Help with Prespawn Staging Areas

Posted By: BeardedBanker

Help with Prespawn Staging Areas - 01/05/16 03:27 AM

Can someone show me or explain to me what a staging area will look like on contour map?
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Help with Prespawn Staging Areas - 01/05/16 04:05 AM

Rocks a ditch going into a cove a point and ditch in a cove.it all varies just have to find them.basically a stopping point to a spawning area imo
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Help with Prespawn Staging Areas - 01/05/16 04:09 AM

A standard location would include where a creek channel bends into a flat.
Posted By: NickHasty

Re: Help with Prespawn Staging Areas - 01/05/16 04:25 AM

I've always felt like a fair amount of fish are already up in areas that they'll spawn, they don't ever visit a "staging" area.

The off-shore fish are on a little different routine, I've just followed the creek channels until I found schools, or fished secondary points.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Help with Prespawn Staging Areas - 01/05/16 02:33 PM

I have found that the shallow water flats that run out to the creek channel to be the best. I like to fish the flat side of the creeks when the water steps up to 10 ft. or less out of the creek. Your warmest water will be in the cuts that are narrow, crooked, running East and West. This helps when a North wind front tries to move the warmer water out of the cut. Work your way up to the shore looking for no nothing small points holding heavy hardwood cover. The bigger stumps will hold bigger fish.
Posted By: thechapman

Re: Help with Prespawn Staging Areas - 01/19/16 07:19 PM

Anything such as points or ditches going back towards the flat
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum