Texas Fishing Forum

Fun Start to 2016

Posted By: Billy_Lawson

Fun Start to 2016 - 01/04/16 05:04 PM

I got the chance to take a little time off from guiding this first weekend of the new year. So of course, I went fishing!. Did a little prefishing Friday mid day, fished with a buddy in the Rita Cox tourney on Brandy Branch Saturday and got out for a few hours Sunday with a couple more friends on a small lake by the house. First let me say that this was my first time to Brandy Branch and it is a really nice little lake. Tons of grass and lots of good fish. For a lake that small to produce what it did with the amount of boats on it is impressive. We fished mostly on the cold water side and were catching fish that were spawning or just done. We were able to get bites on a variety of baits including, LFT popper, frogs, weightless flukes and small swimbait. Caught several nice fish Friday prefishing and of course only caught one that size on tournament day. We ended up with 16.71 for a 7th place finish a received a small check for our trouble. On Sunday it was back to the cold water which also happened to be really dirty. Got a couple on black/blue MPack flipping jigs with a craw chunk trailer, and a couple on some 6th sense crankbaits, the new movement 80x and snatch 70x (lipless). All in all 3 really fun days to start the year. Just hope the rest of the year goes as well!

Here's a link to a video from some catches this weekend and a few pics.

https://youtu.be/lAHOaA63_Xk

Good luck in 2016 to everybody, and I'm back at fork for a long time after this, so if you're coming to fork and need help in any way let me know.
Posted By: toddfish

Re: Fun Start to 2016 - 01/04/16 09:40 PM

Most definitely a nice start in 2016!!
Posted By: Mayo

Re: Fun Start to 2016 - 01/04/16 09:59 PM

Nice... Way to start off on the right foot.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Fun Start to 2016 - 01/05/16 12:13 AM

To Heck with Fork! I wanna go to BB!!
Posted By: Billy_Lawson

Re: Fun Start to 2016 - 01/05/16 05:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
To Heck with Fork! I wanna go to BB!!

Ken, I had never been there before and on Friday while prefishing the first 4 fish we caught went about 20lbs. I was shocked at the quality of fish in that lake. Now Saturday I assume the added boat pressure affected the bigger fish bite in that super clear water, it was really crowded. But still most teams caught solid limits. It was definitely impressive and I will be back!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fun Start to 2016 - 01/05/16 05:44 AM

Nice fish! cheers
Posted By: ChrisBlackmon95

Re: Fun Start to 2016 - 01/06/16 01:14 AM

Now that's how you bring in the new year the right way!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum