Texas Fishing Forum

Powertackle KCS rods

Posted By: Eric Reeves

Powertackle KCS rods - 01/03/16 02:35 AM

Has anyone used these? I'm looking at the 7'6" h and mh for jigs and big worms. If anyone has experience with these I would appreciate some feedback.
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Powertackle KCS rods - 01/03/16 03:51 AM

I purchased the KCJ76MH-7’6” right after they were released. I use it for Carolina Rigs and like it although I haven't used it a whole bunch. I also have some of the Paragon series and feel that they are a better rod, the price reflects that as well.

Re: Powertackle KCS rods - 01/03/16 05:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Danny L. Weems
I purchased the KCJ76MH-7’6” right after they were released. I use it for Carolina Rigs and like it although I haven't used it a whole bunch. I also have some of the Paragon series and feel that they are a better rod, the price reflects that as well.

How does the action compare to the pg104?
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Powertackle KCS rods - 01/03/16 11:16 AM

Nothing holds a candle to the paragon PG104 or PG104.5 just my .02 both rods are a good choice
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Powertackle KCS rods - 01/03/16 02:16 PM

This^^^^^^
Posted By: Ryan Somerville

Re: Powertackle KCS rods - 01/03/16 03:44 PM

I own all three models that you have mentioned in power wise i find them to be equal in power to the pg104. Remember the Keith Combs series are fast action rods so there a little stiffer in the tip compared to the mod-fast action. Both series are awesome and love the new keith combs series which everone you deside on you will be happy. If you have anymore question feel free to call me or text me 1-613-885-4986 im in canada and have used tim and judy's rods for 5 years and been happy with them all and the customer service is top notch also!
Posted By: C.J

Re: Powertackle KCS rods - 01/03/16 05:08 PM

I'm on the Power Tackle Team if anyone ever has any questions about the rods feel free to contact me @ personal cell 254-251-5058 or work cell 907-690-0013
Posted By: Dillon Y'Barbo

Re: Powertackle KCS rods - 01/04/16 01:20 PM

Whichever Power Tackle model you choose either the KCS or Paragon you will not be disappointed I promise.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Powertackle KCS rods - 01/04/16 03:44 PM

got one for xmas... haven't got to use it much... 7-3 medium heavy. I like what they did with the rod, I have a 7 foot power tackle paragon. they put a bait keeper on their, that helped, I like the double lock down nut. Only thing they messed up on is they didn't put the recoil guides on it... I love those things...

Rod feels really good, LIGHT for a 7-3....
Posted By: txmark1959

Re: Powertackle KCS rods - 01/04/16 04:42 PM

I'm seriously considering the KCS 7' 10" magnum cranking rod. I want to give one a try for a trip or two then get a second one possibly.
Posted By: Big Kev

Re: Powertackle KCS rods - 01/04/16 06:28 PM

Just got the 7' 6" heavy flipping for my B-day, gift from my wife and son. I have not had a chance to use it yet but am headed to Rayburn Friday to try it out. I set it up with a jig and spent a minutes flipping it around and am really impressed with it so far. I was fortunate enough to be in the boat with Mr. Combs when he made his decision on the Mag Crankbait Rod and he walked me thru the rod. He told me about his thought process behind the features and told me he was very excited about working with Power Tackle. Now I am probably not as rod savvy as most of you guys but I can say I was very impressed with the Rod and told him I plan on slowly converting most of my rods over. Just now replaced one from then and we shall see how it pans out but my initial feelings is these are some awesome rods. Just my 2 cents.
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: Powertackle KCS rods - 01/04/16 08:40 PM

I have the paragon and the KCS cranking stick, I love my paragons for flipping, frogging,c-rig and football jigs. They will not disappoint.

Re: Powertackle KCS rods - 01/04/16 11:28 PM

Thanks for all the responses. I think I'll give the mh a try.
Posted By: 21elite

Re: Powertackle KCS rods - 01/05/16 01:57 AM

If anyone has any power tackle rods for sale let me know!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum