Texas Fishing Forum

Save phase vs ?

Posted By: lizardfliper

Save phase vs ? - 12/30/15 07:25 PM

I'm trying to decide on a save phace, or a motor cycle helmet. Or any other alternative if someone has suggestions. All I know is I have went through my last year without face protection during the winter lol
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/30/15 07:29 PM

Motorcycle helmet will give more protection from the elements. I have one and will still be buying the save phase so I'll have options depending on the severity of the weather
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/30/15 07:32 PM

Moto helmet in winter, save phase rest year in the rain or early mornings when cool.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/30/15 07:45 PM

Motor cycle helmet hands down, had 2 save phace and never liked them always fogged up and rain still hurt like crazy.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/30/15 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: B.Hollingshead
Motor cycle helmet hands down, had 2 save phace and never liked them always fogged up and rain still hurt like crazy.

+1
Posted By: James P.

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/30/15 08:05 PM

^^^
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/30/15 08:19 PM

Have two don't wear them, I use Military goggles and ski hat that covers face. No fogging.
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/30/15 08:26 PM

Ordered a snowmobile helmet for Christmas. Havent got a chance to put it to the test yet but I can tell it is going to be great.
Paid $49 on Amazon.
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/30/15 08:37 PM

no one has mentioned Fish Hedz. They are better than save phace, because they do not have the foam for around the face, they a have a rubber type material so it will not disintegrate like the material on the Save phace masks.

I have all three, and prefer the fish hedz due to ease of storage, but there are times when a helmet works very well.

Fish hedz may not be in production any longer. I cannot find any. probably why it was not mentioned. I love mine though.
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/30/15 08:53 PM

Motorcycle helmet. Plus they are cheaper than a Save Phace.
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/30/15 09:14 PM

Motorcycle helmet. After running for an hour in big waves. The helmet keeps you calm. Your face stays dry after spearing a wave. You do not hear the waves and motor as bad. The helmet helps you keep composure and keep in the zone.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/31/15 12:57 AM

I use this. Works good enough.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/31/15 02:13 AM

Paint ball mask from the Walmart. Fog x treatment
Posted By: lizardfliper

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/31/15 02:19 AM

Cool deal, thanks for all the info guys. Being out in the weather without is not for me anymore! lol Man, when it gets down below 40 and you are running around it just takes the fun out of it for me so I'm going to invest in something.
Posted By: WmSmith

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/31/15 02:29 AM

Pretty happy with my save phace here in indiana where is gets real cold. It's easier to store in the boat too
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/31/15 02:35 AM

I love my Save Phace. I have never tried a motorcycle helmet but I am sure it would work fine. Each to his own.
Posted By: Brian Schuler

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/31/15 02:37 AM

I have the save phace but getting a helmet instead. The save phace is alright at best.

Brian
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/31/15 04:42 AM

Caveman beard works well but hurts when it starts slapping you in the face around 60

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/31/15 02:21 PM

Haha. I started with the "No Shave November". Then my wife said it was too "cute" to shave. Now I'm trapped. I look like a hobo. And it's too f-in cold to shave. Lol. Still shave my head though. So I look like a thug hobo. Lol.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/31/15 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Haha. I started with the "No Shave November". Then my wife said it was too "cute" to shave. Now I'm trapped. I look like a hobo. And it's too f-in cold to shave. Lol. Still shave my head though. So I look like a thug hobo. Lol.

I hope you're not any uglier than the last time I saw you........

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/31/15 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

I hope you're not any uglier than the last time I saw you........
thanks. Haha.

MUCH WORSE!!!

We start filming our summer episodes at work next week and they told me, under no uncertain circumstances, that I will have a clean face with just my goatee on Monday. Lol
Posted By: JerryC

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/31/15 03:09 PM

Have both helmet and save phase, wife wears Helmet in winter and save phase in spring and fall,
They fog up on me, I may try some Fog-X as mentioned above.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/31/15 04:05 PM

I started my beard around August, but the wife made me trim a few inches off for Christmas. She said my beard couldn't be longer than Santa's lol
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Save phase vs ? - 12/31/15 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad
Caveman beard works well but hurts when it starts slapping you in the face around 60

Hate it when my mustache gets in my eyes !
Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: Save phase vs ? - 01/01/16 12:03 AM

Smith ski goggles and an insulated balaclava. Issue solved and doesn't take up space like a helmet.
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Save phase vs ? - 01/01/16 12:19 AM

Ok I can now testify that the snowmobile helmet is the way to go. grin
Rode about 50 miles with it today and it is great. It has small vents that you can open that directs air to your eyeglasses. My glasses would start to fog up if I was sitting with my shield closed but as soon as I started moving the air would clear the fog. And it wasn't enough to get cold inside.
The only downside is that it is bulkier than a mask but I have plenty of storage room so it's not a big deal.
Posted By: skeeterdoubleT

Re: Save phase vs ? - 01/01/16 03:34 AM

The high quality paint ball mask is my choice. Well vented and light w/changeable shield. Stores well in the boat. It will shield in hail/sleet/snow fogging up can be a problem.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum