Texas Fishing Forum

Who fished today(Sunday)????

Posted By: 361V

Who fished today(Sunday)???? - 12/27/15 11:06 PM

Had a chance to go but with the combo of wind, rain & temperature I chickened out. Rare for me, I must be getting old. Make me feel bad! Who caught some fish today?
Posted By: Mark Wendler

Re: Who fished today(Sunday)???? - 12/27/15 11:12 PM

I actually drove from Azle, headed towards Squaw Creek, and chickened out in Benbrook. Lightning was the final straw for me.
Posted By: big fish2

Re: Who fished today(Sunday)???? - 12/27/15 11:12 PM

I crawfished as well. But might have to make up for it tomorrow !
Posted By: kevin

Re: Who fished today(Sunday)???? - 12/27/15 11:27 PM

I crawfished to wonder how all the cold water going to affect it
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Who fished today(Sunday)???? - 12/28/15 12:43 AM

I went. Broke off two and caught one. Miserable. I lasted about two hours.

Now yesterday? YeeehAAA! Caught about 20. Then.....whoooosh! Came the wind. I almost sunk my little boat getting it back on the trailer. 3 ft whitecaps coming in from the side. Holy hell. My dry storage was even FULL of water. My
Boat looked like a hot tub. Full from gunnel to gunnel. And pumps running full blast.

Everything survived except my digital scale. It's toast. Glad it was at least warm.
Posted By: JkWho

Re: Who fished today(Sunday)???? - 12/28/15 01:53 AM

Steez were you on Pool??
Posted By: Jobie99

Re: Who fished today(Sunday)???? - 12/28/15 02:04 AM

Said winds 20 gusts to 30 in Zapata today.... It blew so hard the falcon lake tackle flag poles were bending today. I guarentee gusts peaked at 40 today. I got some pictures of whitecaps in the back of the Valeno today, but I can't figure out how to post them. I made it a work day instead... Fun just what I've been looking forward too.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Who fished today(Sunday)???? - 12/28/15 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: JkWho
Steez were you on Pool??
yesterday, yes. Today no.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Who fished today(Sunday)???? - 12/28/15 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Jobie99
Said winds 20 gusts to 30 in Zapata today.... It blew so hard the falcon lake tackle flag poles were bending today. I guarentee gusts peaked at 40 today. I got some pictures of whitecaps in the back of the Valeno today, but I can't figure out how to post them. I made it a work day instead... Fun just what I've been looking forward too.

Came down Saturday evening and have Prolly fished 2 hours
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Who fished today(Sunday)???? - 12/28/15 02:43 AM

Be careful brad
Posted By: Mayo

Re: Who fished today(Sunday)???? - 12/28/15 02:46 AM

I wanted to go out this morning before we left Lake Tyler. I got up at 6am. Next thing I knew the wife was up and about. I said what and the hell are doing? She said I'm packing up and going home. I said okay well I'm going to fish some. She said the hell you are, you're going home. I said yes mam and did what I was told.

The rain didn't hit Tyler until after noon but the wind was kickin. Oh well I wore them out pretty good while there. I took my step mothers husband out who has never caught a fish in his life and he landed three. It was a blast and I guess sometimes you just have to know when to call it. I also reminded myself of the 30-60 mph wind gust on fork from a couple of weeks ago.
Posted By: Jobie99

Re: Who fished today(Sunday)???? - 12/28/15 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By: bradnitro175
Originally Posted By: Jobie99

Came down Saturday evening and have Prolly fished 2 hours

You going out tomorrow morning?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum