Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Marble Falls

Posted By: 03svtsnakevert

Lake Marble Falls - 12/27/15 08:28 PM

Anyone ever fish lake marble falls? Never been there and going next weekend just liking got some insight and any hazards?

Thanks!
Posted By: Sideiron

Re: Lake Marble Falls - 12/28/15 02:29 AM

I've fished it a few times and have caught some bass. There's a lot of shallow areas and boulders under the water up-stream. I don't fish it that much because when I travel that far I just go a couple more miles and fish Lake LBJ instead.

Re: Lake Marble Falls - 12/28/15 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Sideiron
I've fished it a few times and have caught some bass. There's a lot of shallow areas and boulders under the water up-stream. I don't fish it that much because when I travel that far I just go a couple more miles and fish Lake LBJ instead.

Thanks for the input
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Lake Marble Falls - 12/28/15 03:48 AM

I'm not sure which one of the lakes it is on the highland chains but they say there are some HUGE granite boulders in it that will quickly ruin your day. (I think it was marble falls)
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Lake Marble Falls - 12/28/15 04:44 AM

The public ramp close to the bridge is really difficult load on due to its angle and pitch. I never saw any boulders, but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

Re: Lake Marble Falls - 12/28/15 04:56 AM

Originally Posted By: lakeforkfisherman
The public ramp close to the bridge is really difficult load on due to its angle and pitch. I never saw any boulders, but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

Ok I think that's the one I have to use
Posted By: ryane

Re: Lake Marble Falls - 12/28/15 03:46 PM

that ramp does suck but its usable. There is a buoy headed up the lake and will mark where it starts to get shallow. Unless you know where your going you need to get off plane there. There are some very large boulder a ways past that.

But it is a fun lake to fish.

Re: Lake Marble Falls - 12/28/15 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: ryane
that ramp does suck but its usable. There is a buoy headed up the lake and will mark where it starts to get shallow. Unless you know where your going you need to get off plane there. There are some very large boulder a ways past that.

But it is a fun lake to fish.

I think it's the boulders I see on google earth heading toward lbj
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Lake Marble Falls - 12/28/15 05:04 PM

Took me and the wife a half hour to load the Gambler on that ramp. It drops off steep and with the angle of my hull and position it put my bow tie in, it was a real PITA. I will never launch there again (which is the only place to launch, if I'm not mistaken.

I didn't catch any fish, either. But I ain't too good at that anyway.

Re: Lake Marble Falls - 12/28/15 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: lakeforkfisherman
Took me and the wife a half hour to load the Gambler on that ramp. It drops off steep and with the angle of my hull and position it put my bow tie in, it was a real PITA. I will never launch there again (which is the only place to launch, if I'm not mistaken.

I didn't catch any fish, either. But I ain't too good at that anyway.

I will have to be careful...my skeeter is tricky to load with the way the bow roller is positioned.
Posted By: ShawnT

Re: Lake Marble Falls - 12/28/15 08:06 PM

That little lake is loaded with giants. I've seen several very impressive stringers come from that lake this year and 3 fish that were 13+.

I probably just ruined that lake. I've been wanting to fish it so bad, but with LBJ right next to it and the venue for so many tournaments, I need to fish LBJ as often as I can so I may be able to actually weigh something in some day.
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Lake Marble Falls - 12/28/15 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: ShawnT
That little lake is loaded with giants. I've seen several very impressive stringers come from that lake this year and 3 fish that were 13+.

I probably just ruined that lake. I've been wanting to fish it so bad, but with LBJ right next to it and the venue for so many tournaments, I need to fish LBJ as often as I can so I may be able to actually weigh something in some day.

Shhhh!
Posted By: jrbass

Re: Lake Marble Falls - 12/28/15 08:33 PM

There is another ramp to access Lake Marble Falls. It is in Johnson Park. It is up in Johnson creek west of the Public Boat ramp. To get to the park you drive south on avenue J. I have not used it, but have been told it is a better ramp by some locals that use it.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake Marble Falls - 12/28/15 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: jrbass
There is another ramp to access Lake Marble Falls. It is in Johnson Park. It is up in Johnson creek west of the Public Boat ramp. To get to the park you drive south on avenue J. I have not used it, but have been told it is a better ramp by some locals that use it.

Plus #1 Good ramp! Easy to load and unload. thumb
Posted By: ShallowWaterKing

Re: Lake Marble Falls - 12/29/15 04:33 AM

stay off that lake it's terrible..... slinger

Re: Lake Marble Falls - 12/29/15 11:13 AM

Originally Posted By: ShallowWaterKing
stay off that lake it's terrible..... slinger

Um, will do? peep
Posted By: ShallowWaterKing

Re: Lake Marble Falls - 12/30/15 03:17 AM

Na, it's a Great Lake especially from March- June (swim bait, and flukes)!
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: Lake Marble Falls - 12/30/15 03:23 PM

The ramp in Johnson Park is all I use, heading up lake slow down after you take the big right turn in the lake, there's a couple of little Islands in the middle, but you can fish the shoreline on either side, work your way up to the rocks, about a mile after the turn, I fish the rocks with jigs, swim baits and crawdad cranks.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum