Texas Fishing Forum

Squaw Creek - Frequency

Posted By: SWAC

Squaw Creek - Frequency - 12/27/15 01:01 AM

Is the frequency of tournaments on Squaw Creek good or bad? What's your thought?
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Squaw C reek - Frequency - 12/27/15 01:06 AM

I'd say from the weights today it doesn't hurt it at all.
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Squaw C reek - Frequency - 12/27/15 01:09 AM

I don't think it's bad. Been fishing A lot of tournaments since it reopened and the fish keep coming back. This year it seems the bigger bags )22-25)have been more frequent than years past.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Squaw C reek - Frequency - 12/27/15 02:00 AM

Watching the weights since it has reopened
only get better I think it's hard to
say it's hurting it. Can't recall any
30 lb bags the first few years.
Posted By: borntofish1

Re: Squaw C reek - Frequency - 12/27/15 02:05 AM

I think overfished....but no one cares. No way a lake can reach its potential(tons of it) with that much pressure. My only fuss is if you have had tourneys all winter when the spring tourneys start, why not let them have the lake that day rather make them compete with the local tourney angler for every spot on the lake...just a little fishing courtesy.

But again...who cares and nothing can be done.

...Whooo! Love that money!!
Posted By: jimmye123

Re: Squaw C reek - Frequency - 12/27/15 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: borntofish1
I think overfished....but no one cares. No way a lake can reach its potential(tons of it) with that much pressure. My only fuss is if you have had tourneys all winter when the spring tourneys start, why not let them have the lake that day rather make them compete with the local tourney angler for every spot on the lake...just a little fishing courtesy.

But again...who cares and nothing can be done.

...Whooo! Love that money!!

It is only fished 3 days a week, as far as tourneys, why stop the little guy tourneys for the "bigboy" tourneys? Why not fish both or all 3 or 4 of them that day, most people like choices. ..
Posted By: borntofish1

Re: Squaw C reek - Frequency - 12/27/15 03:08 AM

I don't know if I would categorized Media Individual as "bigboy" tourney. Most lakes are only pressured 3 days a week; The exception here is 90% of the pressure is on the bass that we love. I am pretty sure its all for the "people". As stated...its just courtesy.. again who cares. It is what it is. We have a good thing on Squaw, but like all the good ones, she will fall to the pressure and the thrill be gone.
Posted By: stetson

Re: Squaw C reek - Frequency - 12/27/15 05:10 AM

I fished today and easily boated 25-30 keepers in the 2-3lb range that didn't help the box and I'm sure everyone else that was out there can say the same thing with numbers like that and 4 days of the week untouched I can't see it getting Over fished or to much pressure , I mean sure Sunday's can and
Sometimes will be tougher than a Friday or Saturday because they been whacked on for couple days but then they have days to rest.
Posted By: Catbutt

Re: Squaw Creek - Frequency - 12/27/15 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: SWAC
Is the frequency of tournaments on Squaw Creek good or bad? What's your thought?

Tournament Fisherman=Good
Fun Fisherman= Bad
Fish= No effect

They are putting 100 or so boats on this lake every Saturday and Sunday and the few tournaments that I have fished have had 20-30 boats In them. I don't think 20-30% of the anglers are hurting the lake any more than the other 70%.
Posted By: EMMIT

Re: Squaw Creek - Frequency - 12/27/15 06:32 PM

anyone know results from yesterday
Posted By: jimmye123

Re: Squaw Creek - Frequency - 12/27/15 07:09 PM

1st was 28 lbs 2nd 26 lbs 3rd 22+ lbs, lots of fish caught, I have been fishing squaw since the mid 90's the toughest times were rt after it reopened after 911, couldn't catch fish at all then, it can be a humbling lake to fish at times...
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Squaw Creek - Frequency - 12/28/15 01:47 AM

The lake was lights out right after it reopened. It has its days though.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum