Texas Fishing Forum

Any Boat Lanes guru's here?

Posted By: mwbmod74

Any Boat Lanes guru's here? - 12/23/15 12:58 AM

I purchased the Toledo / Rayburn combo tonight using pay-pal. I somehow deleted, or lost the download on my computer. Well if I go back to the "DOWNLOAD" section on boat lanes naturally they want me to pay again, surely there is a way I can get my download without paying again huh??
I downloaded a Fork version a couple years ago with no problems, but this is somehow eating my lunch this time.
I already sent the fine folks with Boat Lanes a e-mail, but figured id ask some of the guru's here.
Thanks and Merry Christmas!!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Any Boat Lanes guru's here? - 12/23/15 01:17 AM

Contact them by phone. I did something similar last spring and they took care of the problem.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Any Boat Lanes guru's here? - 12/23/15 01:29 AM

I have a good idea they will take care of you.

Great people and an incredible product.
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Any Boat Lanes guru's here? - 12/23/15 04:01 AM

I have a question.... How far north does the boat lanes chip show on Rayburn?
Posted By: Brian_Martin

Re: Any Boat Lanes guru's here? - 12/23/15 04:48 AM

1st option is to go to your downloads folder on your computer and it should be in there. Second option is to just hit start or w.er the icon is at the bottom left of your screen and search for the file. I think the file is a .gpx file. Just type .gpx in the search box and it should pull it up.
Posted By: Mike2718

Re: Any Boat Lanes guru's here? - 12/23/15 04:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

It stops 2 miles south of 103 up the Angelina and 2.64 miles south of 103 up the Attoyac and 1.85 miles south of 103 up Ayish Bayou

Re: Any Boat Lanes guru's here? - 12/23/15 04:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Brian_Martin
1st option is to go to your downloads folder on your computer and it should be in there. Second option is to just hit start or w.er the icon is at the bottom left of your screen and search for the file. I think the file is a .gpx file. Just type .gpx in the search box and it should pull it up.

This should work unless you downloaded it as a usr file then you should search for usr file. I downloaded mine several years ago in usr format. "IF" I remember correctly, mine was downloaded as a zip file. I downloaded the Rayburn, TBend and Fork combo and the individual usr files were in the downloaded zip folder. Try a search for zip files too.
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Any Boat Lanes guru's here? - 12/23/15 04:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Mike2718

It stops 2 miles south of 103 up the Angelina and 2.64 miles south of 103 up the Attoyac.

That's easy running. It's the lanes north of the bridges that are tricky.

Re: Any Boat Lanes guru's here? - 12/23/15 05:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Mike2718

It stops 2 miles south of 103 up the Angelina and 2.64 miles south of 103 up the Attoyac.

That's easy running. It's the lanes north of the bridges that are tricky.

That's the truth, there are quite a few twist and turns between Big Island and Bee Tree Slough. You have to be real careful in that area.

Re: Any Boat Lanes guru's here? - 12/23/15 10:19 PM

I have a "Matrix" file in downloads, but it is empty , and the .gpx search thing brings up nothing.

The boatlanes folks must be off for holidays, cause I have called and left a message, and e-mailed as well with no response... I will try more,,
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Any Boat Lanes guru's here? - 12/23/15 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: mwbmod74

I have a "Matrix" file in downloads, but it is empty , and the .gpx search thing brings up nothing.

The boatlanes folks must be off for holidays, cause I have called and left a message, and e-mailed as well with no response... I will try more,,

Matrix is the folder that GPS data has to be in to load to Humminbird core units.

Re: Any Boat Lanes guru's here? - 12/24/15 05:44 AM

Did you search for zip files? Do a search for *.zip on your whole hard drive. Sometimes downloads are downloaded to a different folder. My downloaded files were within a zip folder. You then have to extract the files.

Re: Any Boat Lanes guru's here? - 12/24/15 06:06 AM

The fine folks at Boat Lanes got me fixed up today,,, Im dialed in and ready to go now!

Mike, I have no clue what kind of moron move I pulled to not get it downloaded the first time, but im set on sickem now! Thanks for the help and y'all have a Merry Christmas!!
Posted By: LittleGazoo

Re: Any Boat Lanes guru's here? - 12/24/15 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: mwbmod74
The fine folks at Boat Lanes got me fixed up today,,, Im dialed in and ready to go now!

+1
Lori and Lance were good people! And glad your up and working.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum