Texas Fishing Forum

Ranger touch pad

Posted By: catch-n-release

Ranger touch pad - 12/21/15 01:10 AM

Can some of you ranger guys answer a question for me? I just recently bought a 2011 520 and noticed today when on the lake the red like by the stop button flashes constantly even when the motor is running. Is this normal or have I done something I need to correct? Thanks for any help?
Posted By: Shaun Lowe

Re: Ranger touch pad - 12/21/15 01:49 AM

Are there any other LED's flashing? You have a circuit tripped somewhere.
Posted By: David Medler

Re: Ranger touch pad - 12/21/15 01:53 AM

That could be an indication that you have a direct short somewhere, finding those can be very tricky. I would start around my battery connections and main breaker switches. Also, try disconnecting the 2 plugs behind your pad and the battery. Good luck.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Ranger touch pad - 12/21/15 01:53 AM

You have a problem

Re: Ranger touch pad - 12/21/15 02:07 AM

The auto light on the bilge was also flashing I believe.
Posted By: BGFIRE

Re: Ranger touch pad - 12/21/15 02:37 AM

Hold the stop button down to reset.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Ranger touch pad - 12/21/15 02:47 AM

Originally Posted By: BGFIRE
Hold the stop button down to reset.
Hey Brandon! Yep, try this 1st. Press and hold the actual stop button down for 5-10 seconds and see if it doesn't reset it.

Re: Ranger touch pad - 12/21/15 03:17 AM

I'll give it a try and let you know if it works. I hope its that simple. Thanks
Posted By: Shaun Lowe

Re: Ranger touch pad - 12/21/15 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By: catch-n-release
The auto light on the bilge was also flashing I believe.

One of your bilge pumps is bad or you short to one of them.
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Ranger touch pad - 12/21/15 01:53 PM

I have a 2011 520 too and that touch pad is the biggest piece of [censored]. I've already had it replaced once and even Day 1 it is still quirky. Turning the electronics on or off always takes 2-3 cycles of the code and before I had pad replaced I had the mystery lights and blinking too. Hopefully the newer Ranger pads are better.
Posted By: snickers

Re: Ranger touch pad - 12/21/15 02:00 PM

Sounds like a pump is bad. check them first
Originally Posted By: catch-n-release
Can some of you ranger guys answer a question for me? I just recently bought a 2011 520 and noticed today when on the lake the red like by the stop button flashes constantly even when the motor is running. Is this normal or have I done something I need to correct? Thanks for any help?
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Ranger touch pad - 12/21/15 02:34 PM

The bilge pumps have wiring harness connectors (typically gray) in the rigging compartment, usually immediately behind the livewell. After doing a panel reset, try to run each pump indivually to see what triggers the error blink. The auto pump has a 3 wire connector; the manual pump has a 2 wire connector.

If you can't get the reset to clear the blink with billge pumps connected, unplug both pumps then try reset again. This will indicate whether the bilge pumps are causing the issue.

The same procedure can help with livewell pumps as well.

Re: Ranger touch pad - 12/22/15 03:49 AM

I tried holding stop button for 10 seconds and no luck. I then unplugged both harnesses on back of touch pad and that has stopped the blinking light. I will see if it last and if not I will test the bilge pumps. I had just added some new electronics and maybe it just created a ghost short temporarily . Thanks again for the help. It is nice to know we have a place to get the answers when we are at a loss.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum