Texas Fishing Forum

YEA- They caught them

Posted By: papamark

YEA- They caught them - 12/19/15 11:40 AM

The Scum that hit Oakridge

They caught them!!! Two brothers from Dallas that were recognized through Facebook!!

OAK RIDGE MARINA FOLLOW UP – On Wednesday, 12-16-2015, Oak Ridge Marina filed a report that was taken by Deputy Moffet regarding a theft that had occurred at the marina. It was reported that two unknown white males had stolen several fishing rods and an amount of tackle from Oak Ridge. The value of the stolen property was approximately $1800.

Investigators were able to obtain surveillance footage from the marina and this morning used the same to successfully identify both suspects. The two white male suspects are out of the Dallas area and have been identified as Hunter Evans and Summer Evans. After making contact with both suspects our investigators were able to recover the stolen property and obtain confessions from both of the individuals. Both subjects were charged with Theft of Property and warrants were obtained. The recovered property will be returned to Oak Ridge Marina as soon as it is documented as evidence. Thanks to everyone that assisted in the successful outcome of this case…
Posted By: Mike1285

Re: YEA- They caught them - 12/19/15 11:45 AM

Great police work!
Posted By: YAKaddict

Re: YEA- They caught them - 12/19/15 11:46 AM

His names summer....now things are starting to make sense!!!
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: YEA- They caught them - 12/19/15 12:09 PM

Good deal.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: YEA- They caught them - 12/19/15 12:12 PM

That IS good news. The store owner is the key that solved this by buying and installing a crisp and clear camera system.
LOL, hard to get away with such clear pics .....
Glad they found them.....now, justice ?
Good post, thanks Mark
God Bless
Lee
Posted By: ForkedJames

Re: YEA- They caught them - 12/19/15 12:47 PM

That is awesome. Thanks Mark for the update.

And major nod to Barry for running his place like he owns it, Good job Barry..
Posted By: CCTX

Re: YEA- They caught them - 12/19/15 01:02 PM

Good news!
Posted By: GROD

Re: YEA- They caught them - 12/19/15 01:23 PM

Good cameras with a clear picture make a huge difference! Cameras in the parking lot to capture an LP really assist in the apprehension of suspects as well.
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: YEA- They caught them - 12/19/15 02:11 PM

That didn't take long. I think they need some jail time followed by a long probation period.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: YEA- They caught them - 12/19/15 02:14 PM

AWESOME! police
Posted By: 206champion

Re: YEA- They caught them - 12/19/15 02:19 PM

Good
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: YEA- They caught them - 12/19/15 02:22 PM

Glad for Barry & crew at Oak Ridge. I love the way the thieves looked right at the camera so they could be id'ed accurately.

As Foxworthy says, "There ain't no cure for stupid!"

clap
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: YEA- They caught them - 12/19/15 02:22 PM

Awesome. Facebook is deadly when you are looking for someone.
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: YEA- They caught them - 12/19/15 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike1285
Great police work!
Posted By: joebass2

Re: YEA- They caught them - 12/19/15 02:33 PM

Really, what's the point of having surveillance cameras if the pics are too grainy to help identiy the thieves. Good job. Lock em up.
Posted By: Neches

Re: YEA- They caught them - 12/19/15 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike1285
Great police work!

Facebook laid this one in their lap.
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: YEA- They caught them - 12/19/15 05:58 PM

I know its the slow time of year for oak ridge but this could all be stopped if they had someone in the store at all times. I was in there a couple weeks ago and no one was there when I walked in, no one was there while I shopped, and I had to wait 5 minutes at the register before someone would take my money. There's no telling what walks out of there during the week.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: YEA- They caught them - 12/19/15 06:37 PM

In no way condoning the theft but I was wondering how they hauled all of that out too.
Posted By: snickers

Re: YEA- They caught them - 12/19/15 06:42 PM

1800 bucks lets see 1 g loomis 4-5 hundred bucks . I don't think it would have been a wheel barrel full. 4 rods 1600 bucks
Originally Posted By: Tiltman
In no way condoning the theft but I was wondering how they hauled all of that out too.

Posted By: Tiltman

Re: YEA- They caught them - 12/19/15 06:46 PM

Yeah true
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum