Texas Fishing Forum

Monticello advice

Posted By: DEFMP

Monticello advice - 12/17/15 02:54 PM

May go to Monticello this weekend with my son. I haven't been since last spring, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Posted By: River to sea

Re: Monticello advice - 12/17/15 05:09 PM

Be very careful past the bridge , they have the lake drawn down ,building new power lines . The bigger fish seemed to be in the deeper standing timber , 7 to 15 feet , with the lake down 1.5 feet , its a mess to get a boat around .
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Monticello advice - 12/17/15 07:53 PM

Any reason to be cautionary on main lake South of the bridge?
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Monticello advice - 12/17/15 09:01 PM

The lake is a few inches high right now so there's really nothing to worry about on the South end. Some of the points come out a little farther than they look but if you look at your map you should be able to see those that do. On the North end its pretty easy to run to the railroad bridge. Once you come through the highway bridge point your boat at the point on the right that is on your way to the railroad bridge. You can run all the way to that point on that line. If you don't know how to run around the point just shut it down right there and idle. It's also completely clear between the power lines where they cleared it out to building the towers.

I'm most likely gonna be out there this Saturday so if you are idling by that point and see a Red and White Legend coming at you at about 70, just please move to the left so I can run thru. smile
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum