Texas Fishing Forum

Sugar Lake

Posted By: hawki213

Sugar Lake - 12/16/15 08:58 AM

Spent 3 days last week catching fish with Jay Greishaw on Sugar Lake. The weather was perfect all 3 days. Jay is great guide. He works hard to keep you on fish. The first day my wife and I missed more fish than we caught. We were a little rusty but by the end of the day we were catching on. The next day was pretty foggy early and we idled around the corner from the ramp and waited for the fog to lift my wife preceded to catch 7 in a row. We then moved up a little to the trees and starting flippin the trees. Jay schooled me on the basics of flippin the trees. And it wasn't long before I started catching some. The fog lifted and we headed out to the middle of the lake and fished some humps and ledges. Jay had a us dialed in on fish all 3 days everywhere we went. My wife decided to take part of the afternoon off so Jay and I headed for a little cove and I flipped the trees and he threw a spinner bait and we whacked them pretty good for about and hour or so. Went back picked up the wife for the rest of the afternoon fishing. We finished up working a bank towards a point. I stuck this 7.54 chunk off the bank.

Lots of doubles and the occassional triple

My last fish of the last day 8.74. Caught him out of the top of a tree.

Jay is a great guide very professional. He helped me with several technigues that made me better. He was a lot of fun to joke around with and made you very comfortable in his boat. He was very patient and always helpful. This was a bucket list trip for me and I could not have imagined how really cool it turned out to be.

Thanks Jay

PS I had that silly grin on my face all 3 days.
Posted By: Alec Castonguay

Re: Sugar Lake - 12/16/15 11:24 AM

Sugar lake is definitely on the bucket list.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Sugar Lake - 12/16/15 12:37 PM

Love Sugar, Did ya see my little buddy Javaire? Big fish hang out off the ridges down by the dam.
Can't wait to get back.
Posted By: 94sktr

Re: Sugar Lake - 12/17/15 02:21 PM

Jay is good people.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum