Texas Fishing Forum

Eagle Mountain

Posted By: Coach Jaywhy

Eagle Mountain - 12/14/15 03:33 PM

It's been a long but successful football season but it has came to an end just 1 game short of making it to state. So now it's FISHING TIME! Going to be headed out to EM tomorrow and was hoping someone could give me some advice. I saw the honey hole from a month ago and was thinking of doing the same pattern. Does anyone have a report about how they're biting?
Posted By: Monte Coon

Re: Eagle Mountain - 12/14/15 03:58 PM

Good luck out there I haven't been there since we did that show but those areas should still be good. What team are you with? I pull for Aledo, Argyle and Brock fortunately 2 of them are going to State I wish Aledo was with them.

Re: Eagle Mountain - 12/14/15 04:38 PM

Lake Dallas. I also run our bass team.
Posted By: Texas Husker

Re: Eagle Mountain - 12/14/15 04:59 PM

I have been fishing EM for 37 years and have never seen the water retain its chocolate milk color this long. I have been out 3 times in the last week throwing soft plastics and jigs with only 2 fish caught. Good luck! If you boat a lot of fish---- then you are the man!!!!!
Posted By: BC4681

Re: Eagle Mountain - 12/14/15 05:07 PM

I would go somewhere else. Was as tough as I've ever seen it last week. Cold and very dirty down south.
Posted By: ftwfishing

Re: Eagle Mountain - 12/14/15 05:12 PM

Crappie bite is good on eagle mountain...just sayin
Posted By: Monte Coon

Re: Eagle Mountain - 12/14/15 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas Husker
I have been fishing EM for 37 years and have never seen the water retain its chocolate milk color this long. I have been out 3 times in the last week throwing soft plastics and jigs with only 2 fish caught. Good luck! If you boat a lot of fish---- then you are the man!!!!!

I didn't even think about all the run off I bet it is muddy out there.

Re: Eagle Mountain - 12/14/15 05:38 PM

well thats disappointing to hear. what lakes in the area would you suggest then?
Posted By: Fishinreelslow

Re: Eagle Mountain - 12/14/15 07:38 PM

I live on the Lake and Texas Husker is correct. And it it tough right now.
Posted By: HaulinBass02

Re: Eagle Mountain - 12/15/15 03:47 AM

They are all likely to be muddy unfortunately.....
Posted By: E-bright

Re: Eagle Mountain - 12/15/15 09:24 PM

Ive been on the west coast working the past 2 weeks and headed home. This is not the report i wanted to see. But im going to try it Thursday
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Eagle Mountain - 12/15/15 11:33 PM

I did an instructional trip out there today. We had a good bag of fish mid lake. Drop shot & crankbait. Water is still muddy for sure. Every bite was a good keeper fish. Most 3-4 lbs.
Posted By: mjtb2006

Re: Eagle Mountain - 12/20/15 06:16 PM

Ftwfishing I just sent you a pm.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum