Texas Fishing Forum

setx high school fishing tournament

Posted By: wacky freak

setx high school fishing tournament - 12/06/15 02:30 PM

Well the first setx high school fishing tournament is in the books. 490 teams and the tournament went great. I would like to thank everyone that helped with setup and tear down. I would also like to congratulate trace odell and Matt Martin from buna with the win and Blaine marks and Devin prine from buna with second.
Posted By: tommyc

Re: setx high school fishing tournament - 12/06/15 03:14 PM

The number of teams participating is amazing. Congrats to the Buna teams.
Posted By: BCB

Re: setx high school fishing tournament - 12/06/15 05:02 PM

These are great to start our youth out right!

Man what a crew!

BCB
Posted By: Tyler.Woods

Re: setx high school fishing tournament - 12/06/15 06:50 PM

It sure was crowded yesterday with all those boats! Most I've ever seen on Rayburn besides the big bass splash.
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: setx high school fishing tournament - 12/07/15 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Tyler.Woods
It sure was crowded yesterday with all those boats! Most I've ever seen on Rayburn besides the big bass splash.

who_knows are you talking about community holes? I hardly noticed anyone..... Ramps had plenty of parking as well....
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: setx high school fishing tournament - 12/07/15 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo
Originally Posted By: Tyler.Woods

who_knows are you talking about community holes? I hardly noticed anyone..... Ramps had plenty of parking as well....

I didn't think it was really crowded either. Between the HS and Platinum there were only 510 boats. That's really not that many. We launched at Twin Dikes and there was no wait at all. The weigh in line was pretty long, but their crew does an outstanding job running things.
Posted By: GeoFisher

Re: setx high school fishing tournament - 12/07/15 05:46 PM

Thank you to all the volunteers who helped us with getting things set up, tore down, parking lot, weigh/bump, fish release, and registration and check in. I would love to name names, but I would forget so many. We cant say thank you enough. To all the captains, thank you for taking the time for our kids and getting them back safely. To our sponsors, Ford, Skeeter, Lews, Costa, Tackle Addict, Clark Reehm, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Gator Guards, Culprit, Rattletrap, 6th Sense, Gopher Industries, STI, Lake Fork Tackle, Academy, Kick n Bass Scents, and Farmers, we obviously could not do it without your support! THANK YOU ALL. And for all of you who take the time to put in a good word about us on forums like this, we appreciate your kind words. We are far from getting this thing perfect, but perfection is the goal.

The gambling comment is unfortunate. Before spewing such ignorant comments, please educate yourself on how SETX or THSBA conduct their non profit organizations.

SETX
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: setx high school fishing tournament - 12/07/15 08:03 PM

Congrats to Chad and Joe for their 3rd place finish. Great kids.
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: setx high school fishing tournament - 12/08/15 12:25 AM

Yea, there is always somebody that knows better then we do that run it.
Originally Posted By: GeoFisher
Thank you to all the volunteers who helped us with getting things set up, tore down, parking lot, weigh/bump, fish release, and registration and check in. I would love to name names, but I would forget so many. We cant say thank you enough. To all the captains, thank you for taking the time for our kids and getting them back safely. To our sponsors, Ford, Skeeter, Lews, Costa, Tackle Addict, Clark Reehm, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Gator Guards, Culprit, Rattletrap, 6th Sense, Gopher Industries, STI, Lake Fork Tackle, Academy, Kick n Bass Scents, and Farmers, we obviously could not do it without your support! THANK YOU ALL. And for all of you who take the time to put in a good word about us on forums like this, we appreciate your kind words. We are far from getting this thing perfect, but perfection is the goal.

The gambling comment is unfortunate. Before spewing such ignorant comments, please educate yourself on how SETX or THSBA conduct their non profit organizations.

SETX
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum