Texas Fishing Forum

GoPros and depthfinders

Posted By: Mark Perry

GoPros and depthfinders - 12/04/15 03:50 AM

GoPro has not paired with one of the depthfinder brands and found a way you can Wifi/Bluetooth the camera to the depthfinder to use as a monitor? Seems it would be easier to test your camera setup and angles besides messing with a small LCD screen or phone.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: GoPros and depthfinders - 12/04/15 05:40 AM

Hmmm now that's one I haven't heard before not sure why it wouldn't work
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: GoPros and depthfinders - 12/04/15 06:52 AM

Oh I have my third go pro on my depth finder/gps 100% of the time. So I can see what I'm missing ehile I'm actually fishing instead of playing Jr cameraman
Posted By: BassBucknBeer

Re: GoPros and depthfinders - 12/04/15 12:40 PM

I've tried it while paired to my iPad and phone. Loses signal about 1 foot under the water. Best you can do is record and then bring it back up and watch it.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: GoPros and depthfinders - 12/04/15 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
GoPro has not paired with one of the depthfinder brands and found a way you can Wifi/Bluetooth the camera to the depthfinder to use as a monitor? Seems it would be easier to test your camera setup and angles besides messing with a small LCD screen or phone.

Mark, GoPro has deceloper tools that would allow the units to be able to communicate with the camera. Basically it's a program that opens up the software to certain partners who want to integrate gopro tech.

We don't currently have any partners with regards to electronics that I'm aware of and I'm not sure how much it would translate to more sales for either group. Good question though.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum