Texas Fishing Forum

One bait to use

Posted By: Joefishhunter

One bait to use - 11/29/15 05:33 PM

If you could only use one bait in Texas what would it be. Here is the catch. You don't know which lake or time of the year. What would you use.

As for me I'm new to Texas. I would use a watermelon red zoom curl tail
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: One bait to use - 11/29/15 05:48 PM

D&M Sniper Spinnerbait

Spinnerbait for sure. Because it works all year long and in every condition. Plus, it's it's my favorite bait to throw. I always recommend that anglers fish their strengths because in the end, that's what is gonna help you catch more fish.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: One bait to use - 11/29/15 05:53 PM

Dropshot,..Talon Custom 6.5" Carolina Worm, Redbug, 80 bass in 8 hours.
Posted By: Ricky Taylor

Re: One bait to use - 11/29/15 06:29 PM

Shaky head.
Posted By: chas1

Re: One bait to use - 11/29/15 10:21 PM

Senko,6.5ft loomis, chronarch mg100
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: One bait to use - 11/29/15 10:26 PM

+1 on the Senko. If I had to choose just one, I use a standard Watermelon/Red Senko weightless. Id use my
Steez medium heavy 7' rod with my Steez 100XS. And 15lb InvisX.

This setup has won me enough money this year to pay cash for my little Nitro and all its upgrades. It also caught me enough to win serial number 00001 Nitro Z18 at Table Rock. I messed up and let one loose putting it in the weigh bag and finished 4th with one less bass to weigh in.
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: One bait to use - 11/29/15 10:43 PM

Xcite silent XB-1 square bill in copper green shad.
Posted By: Phototex

Re: One bait to use - 11/29/15 10:57 PM

Black/blue weightless, wacky-rigged Senko
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: One bait to use - 11/29/15 10:59 PM

3/4 oz. jig. Regardless of the wind, I can fish it on bottom and drag, hop it, fish structure or swim it, it's versatile.
Posted By: gatoreyes

Re: One bait to use - 11/29/15 11:34 PM

Zoom baby brush hog, watermelon red, Texas rigged with 1/4 oz sinker.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: One bait to use - 11/29/15 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
+1 on the Senko. If I had to choose just one, I use a standard Watermelon/Red Senko weightless. Id use my

This setup has won me enough money this year to pay cash for my little Nitro and all its upgrades. It also caught me enough to win serial number 00001 Nitro Z18 at Table Rock. I messed up and let one loose putting it in the weigh bag and finished 4th with one less bass to weigh in.

What hook do you use and do you use a nail weight or nothing at all?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: One bait to use - 11/29/15 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: ezbassin
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

What hook do you use and do you use a nail weight or nothing at all?
I like either a regular straight shank Gama or a EWG Gama. 3/0. Snell knot.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: One bait to use - 11/29/15 11:52 PM

I like throwing weightless flukes, and senkos and I will tx. rig and wacky rig the senko type bait. Fun stuff there.
Posted By: FlaNative

Re: One bait to use - 11/30/15 12:23 AM

A good range of choices... It's pretty cool how so many fishermen have confidence in a specific lure or presentation that they'll stick with through thick and thin.

For me and the kind of fishing I like to do, +1 on the weightless Senko rigged wacky-style.
Posted By: SK1

Re: One bait to use - 11/30/15 01:17 AM

Its no secret, a wacky rigged weightless senko is a proven go getter.Time and time again when bass won't even look a some baits, the senko will get them everytime. Something about that slow wobble when fishing it weightless triggers bites from the most lethargic bass.
Posted By: Brian McCarty

Re: One bait to use - 11/30/15 03:42 AM

Black/Blue Senko
Posted By: Viper Rods

Re: One bait to use - 11/30/15 04:27 AM

Texas Rig Blue Fleck Power Worm
Posted By: toddfish

Re: One bait to use - 11/30/15 06:45 AM

5" watermelon red, or any of the green colored Senkos, Texas rigged weightless. Definitely my confidence bait.
Posted By: Zach Starling

Re: One bait to use - 11/30/15 12:58 PM

5/16 Santone Texas finesse jig in river bream with a wat/red zoom creepy crawler trailer.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: One bait to use - 11/30/15 01:43 PM

Have to go with a drop shot robo worm.

Just to be different...Senko was getting too much love.
Posted By: Reds Bass Guide on Sandlin

Re: One bait to use - 11/30/15 10:20 PM

Watermelon red baby brush hog on a 1/8 shaky head. Spike it. 10lb Invizex KVD reel on a Kistler med-hvy fast 7'0. I won enough last yr, to fill my boat and trk up with gas twice.
Posted By: johnathonmharding

Re: One bait to use - 11/30/15 11:10 PM

Weightless junebug senko with the tail dipped or a powder blue back 6xd cant pick just 1
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: One bait to use - 12/01/15 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By: ezbassin
I like throwing weightless flukes, and senkos

+1
Posted By: Joefishhunter

Re: One bait to use - 12/01/15 12:41 AM

I have fished all over the western states. And watermelon red and black and blue always seems like to colors to use lol.
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: One bait to use - 12/01/15 12:47 AM

Black and Blue Power Worm.
Posted By: BillyVanWard

Re: One bait to use - 12/02/15 06:01 AM

The Original Texas Weedless Wacky Worm from Kicker Fish Bait Co. I got some at Academy long ago and they changed my life. Bass in my neck of the woods plain slaughter the things and the Texas rigging makes them much more versatile then normal trick-rigged Senkos or Trick Worms. When I can't buy a strike on other baits, the OTWWW always picks up a few and during a hot bite it's plain insane.

Super Flukes weightless are my runner-up.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: One bait to use - 12/02/15 01:00 PM

1/2oz black and blue jig that way i can fish shallow swimming it or go out deep and fish as well
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum