Texas Fishing Forum

Jig question

Posted By: ezbassin

Jig question - 11/29/15 01:23 PM

Other than a black/blue jig, what has been your most productive skirt color and jig trailer?
Mine is a custom skirt I make that is 1/2 pb&j and 1/2 green pumpkin with a green pumplin purple zoom speed vibe.
Posted By: tommyc

Re: Jig question - 11/29/15 01:27 PM

I stick with the green/brown. Same with the trailers. Been liking the Keitech Crazy Flapper
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Jig question - 11/29/15 02:12 PM

I have around 200 jigs of various colors. I have replaced/added around 20 black and blue jigs the last few months. I used a green pumpkin/red jig once this year, because I ran out of black/blue jigs on the boat. I also bought out BPS on rage craw trailers....black with blue flake. I also used a regular rage craw as a trailer once this year. Just cut it down to size...again, because I was out of the trailer sized craws.

I only use them because they work better. Especially in muddy, flooded water.
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Jig question - 11/29/15 02:19 PM

V&M Green Craw and Sprayed Grass are my main colors other than black and blue.

Re: Jig question - 11/29/15 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By: lamoon78
........ other than black and blue.

banana

Everything is second to black and blue. Haha
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Jig question - 11/29/15 02:34 PM

You right on that.
Posted By: SIR-FISH-LOT

Re: Jig question - 11/29/15 03:43 PM

3/8 or 1/2 black & blue jig and solid brown jig w/ brown trailer . Also black, blue and chart skirt work well for me. I use different types of trailers but strike king rage craw is good. I don't use rattles on my jigs.
Posted By: Bois d'arc

Re: Jig question - 11/29/15 03:59 PM

This year....3/4 ounce M-Pack jig in Mean Green with a Havoc Rocket Craw in Perfection Green Fleck color. Produced many nice bass from pitchin' to deep water. In years past, day in and day out, black/blue jig with a black/blue glitter craw has been the best producer. texas
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Jig question - 11/29/15 04:28 PM

NuTeck Jigs Watermelon Red or Green Pumpkin Blue with a Excite Plumkin trailer in the Jr
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Jig question - 11/29/15 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: ezbassin
Other than a black/blue jig, what has been your most productive skirt color and jig trailer?
Mine is a custom skirt I make that is 1/2 pb&j and 1/2 green pumpkin with a green pumplin purple zoom speed vibe.

Same here, custom jig and scented living rubber skirts.
Posted By: ChrisPowellFishing

Re: Jig question - 11/29/15 05:31 PM

i strive for simplicity so darky water or low light i fish black and blue, sunny skies and clear water i fish green pumpkin and watermelon red. i use a Rage Craw or KVD prefect plastic chunk if the water is cold
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Jig question - 11/29/15 05:46 PM

Cicada

I've been having a lot of success with this jig in the cicada color. I've really grown to like this jig and it's enticing fall.

AA Giant Sea Reaper

I put this behemoth on the back of my jigs. The little "flapper-like" arms give this jig a real craw presentation. It's huge too, 7" long! I just bite off 2 inches and thread it on the hook. It's been a good little trailer. 90% of the time I use the motor oil red color.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Jig question - 11/29/15 06:03 PM

If black and blue isn't working I'll switch it up and go with blue and black

Re: Jig question - 11/29/15 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
If black and blue isn't working I'll switch it up and go with blue and black
roflmao
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Jig question - 11/29/15 07:48 PM

Look up Gerald Swindle's video clip on which jig to throw. I think its funny but true. Its the clio from one of his seminars.

Re: Jig question - 11/29/15 07:51 PM

Here is some good info on trailers in general.

http://www.bassmaster.com/tips/swindle-how-rig-jig-trailers#
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Jig question - 11/29/15 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Look up Gerald Swindle's video clip on which jig to throw. I think its funny but true. Its the clio from one of his seminars.

I have seen that one. He is so funny. He was a hoot @ a live seminar in Arlington many years ago.

Re: Jig question - 11/30/15 12:20 AM

I have seen that one. He is so funny. He was a hoot @ a live seminar in Arlington many years ago.

He said he ties on the black one. When it stops working he cuts it off and ties on a brown one. When it stops working he ties the black one back on.... roflmao
Posted By: Brian McCarty

Re: Jig question - 11/30/15 03:36 AM

Santone Mexican Heather
Posted By: Viper Rods

Re: Jig question - 11/30/15 04:26 AM

I like dirty jigs. My favorites are the black/blue/purple, Supermat Brown, and Watermelon Red

I change up trailers depending on water temp.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Jig question - 11/30/15 04:32 AM

Black/blue is my go to. A few other shades of brown and green thrown in the mix, too
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Jig question - 11/30/15 03:00 PM

this x1000

"When I'm feeling CRAZZZY I put the blue trailer on the BROWN JIG!"

Standard response in my boat is, "If it ain't black and blue... Its WRONG"
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum