Texas Fishing Forum

Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing

Posted By: Lee in Texas

Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/29/15 10:35 AM

Muddy and very swift water, cold front, closed ramps.....arghhhhh....well looks like the fishing will be off for a while
God Bless
Lee
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/29/15 12:24 PM

Yep, gonna respool and recondition/oil/grease some reels today.

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/29/15 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: collincountytx
Yep, gonna respool and recondition/oil/grease some reels today.
roflmao Take your time, looks like we're going to have more than a few days before anything begins to settle down..... bang

God Bless
Lee
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/29/15 12:32 PM

Then, go through all the tackle/change hooks/etc.
smile

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/29/15 12:36 PM

Well, channel 5 TV just announced closure of all ramps at Eagle Mountain, Lake Worth and Lake Benbrook ...am sure there is going to be more....looks like the bank fishing and kayaks will prevail during this stuff...
Be CAREFUL...(yes sir - good idea on going through tackle and changing hooks and line!)
God Bless
Lee
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/29/15 12:41 PM

Better than the drought.

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/29/15 12:43 PM

'touche' ...but, now the wait begins...
God Bless
Lee
Posted By: "Old School"

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/29/15 12:51 PM

I usually get excited by lots of rain and muddy conditions, but this rain is cold. I guess I'll stay home and annoy the wife!
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/29/15 01:31 PM

O but think how good it's going to be in the future
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/29/15 02:10 PM

At least it did this at this time of year and not in the middle of spring during the spawn. Once everything settles down and lakes level out or stay up a little... Boy will it be on.... All stages of spring fishing ought to be some of the best we've had in a while!!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/29/15 02:23 PM

It's GREAT right now. I have had some of my biggest/best fishing days of my life lately. I love flipping almost as much as drop shot. And with all the fresh flooded grass and cover, finding the big ones are easier than ever. The water is constantly muddy, so that also narrows down the choices in colors for me too. It's actually almost too easy.

....I had a best 5 on Joe Pool a month ago that was over 26 lbs.<<<<<not known lately for big sacks.
....I had a best 5 on Wax yesterday of around 15lbs. <<<<it has been years since I've gone there and actually caught FIVE KEEPERS! Haha.
....Grapevine was good to me.
....Clark I can catch them till my rotator cuff starts acting up. About 40 fish per trip.

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain.
Also doesn't hurt that my boat is already scratched up, so I WILL take it where others wouldn't dream of.
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/29/15 04:58 PM

It may make it tough on fishing. But, I will take it for the future of the lakes.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/29/15 06:15 PM

Besides this is big fish weather
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/29/15 06:33 PM

I'm surprised that some of the die-hards haven't brought in a SAL or two in this weather..??
Posted By: "Old School"

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/29/15 10:34 PM

I'm having knee surgery on Tuesday, so regardless I'm fishing tomorrow. Going to stay close to home a hobble along the banks pitching jigs to the grass and weedbeds.
Posted By: snmcc

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/30/15 01:23 AM

I spent the day putting new rod eyes on the rods I like that may have suffered in the past.

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/30/15 01:25 AM

Like fishing but, prefer it as my hobby not an avocation. Warmer and drier....then I'll go again. It will come..
Just me...
God Bless
Lee
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/30/15 01:37 AM

I've caught all 3 of my largest fish, 11.2, 12.4 and 13.6 between Dec 1 and Feb 29 either in or right after the coldest and nastiest weather we have had for the respective years.

Something about big fish and nasty weather that seems to just work some days....
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/30/15 01:48 AM

Fishing has been very good lately at my local lakes. GV has had tons and tons of smaller fish, but Lew has been putting out some quality fish from 3-5lbs, and a bunch of 'em. With these rains since Thurs, Lew has came up around 3 feet. I can't wait to get out and see if it is still on. I'd bet it is. Now GV on the other hand, these fish are so messed up I would rather just leave them alone for awhile.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/30/15 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
I've caught all 3 of my largest fish, 11.2, 12.4 and 13.6 between Dec 1 and Feb 29 either in or right after the coldest and nastiest weather we have had for the respective years.

Something about big fish and nasty weather that seems to just work some days....

Yes sir! thumb
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/30/15 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
Fishing has been very good lately at my local lakes. GV has had tons and tons of smaller fish, but Lew has been putting out some quality fish from 3-5lbs, and a bunch of 'em. With these rains since Thurs, Lew has came up around 3 feet. I can't wait to get out and see if it is still on. I'd bet it is. Now GV on the other hand, these fish are so messed up I would rather just leave them alone for awhile.

I'm betting they're right where they're supposed to be! Good luck!
Posted By: crowsie14

Re: Too Much Rain: Not Good for Fishing - 11/30/15 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Better than the drought.

Very True
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum