Texas Fishing Forum

2 area lakes already closed

Posted By: Dax Davis

2 area lakes already closed - 11/28/15 09:15 PM

Just read that eagle mountain and lake worth are both closed till further notice!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: 2 area lakes already closed - 11/28/15 09:36 PM

After the low water from the drought I just can't make myself coming about rain and high water levels.
Posted By: Fishinkev

Re: 2 area lakes already closed - 11/28/15 09:41 PM

More closures coming in sure! Benbrook 7 ft high, ray bob 6ft high and grapevine almost 10 ft high!
Posted By: NTX Fisherman

Re: 2 area lakes already closed - 11/28/15 09:52 PM

All Ray Roberts ramps, except for Isle du Bois, are closed.

http://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/ray-roberts-lake/park-weather
Posted By: slim 285

Re: 2 area lakes already closed - 11/28/15 10:27 PM

Lavon will be closed soon. There is enough water making it way down the water shed to send it over the top. I think they will have the gates open by Monday or sooner.
Posted By: Ranger Z21

Re: 2 area lakes already closed - 11/28/15 10:36 PM

Lewisville Lake Park closed until February according to signs just posted.
Posted By: bassackwards dav

Re: 2 area lakes already closed - 11/28/15 10:40 PM

There letting out 9500 CFS from EM and at least 10,000 from worth, and little under 2500 from Bridgeport .hope the Bridgeport watershed doesn't get to much tonite and we don't either and at that rate Em and worth might just be closed Til wed .
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: 2 area lakes already closed - 11/28/15 11:48 PM

To be fair, with the upcoming cold weather will it really impact fishing that much?
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: 2 area lakes already closed - 11/29/15 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By: bbassfishes
To be fair, with the upcoming cold weather will it really impact fishing that much?

Cold muddy water...yes it will impact the fishing.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: 2 area lakes already closed - 11/29/15 04:22 AM

Not sure if Joe Pool is closed but water is in parking lot at Lynn Creek again.
Posted By: marschall

Re: 2 area lakes already closed - 11/29/15 01:49 PM

Waited 6 months for our slip to get fixed after the tornado in May @ Juniper Cove. They finally got it fixed and turned back around Wednesday. Was going to hook up the electric on Friday , and now this ??? Un Freaking Real. Just looked and Whitney is up over 7 foot. On a good note our north end of the lake is ate up with bass. Just hope they stay there until May for the Bohemian !
Posted By: Texas Husker

Re: 2 area lakes already closed - 11/29/15 07:01 PM

I'm going down in a little bit to see if I can catch a bass off my beach since EM is now high enough to have it covered. It usually is about 2' above full stage.
Posted By: Texas Husker

Re: 2 area lakes already closed - 11/29/15 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: bassackwards dav
There letting out 9500 CFS from EM and at least 10,000 from worth, and little under 2500 from Bridgeport .hope the Bridgeport watershed doesn't get to much tonite and we don't either and at that rate Em and worth might just be closed Til wed .

Dave, I hope you are correct as the Corps of Engineers website show EM still only releasing water at a 169 rate while Lake Worth continues at 10,750 cfs

If EM is in fact at 169, it's going to be high for a long time.

I've dumped 9.8" out of my rain gauge. Who would have thought a year ago, we'd be wishing for it to stop raining!!
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: 2 area lakes already closed - 11/29/15 07:18 PM

Being raised in Texas I believe in the old saying of "Never wish for it to stop raining, because it WILL!!!!
Posted By: FishingTexan

Re: 2 area lakes already closed - 11/30/15 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By: SAKS
Not sure if Joe Pool is closed but water is in parking lot at Lynn Creek again.

Drove by Lynn Creek Marina at Joe Pool this afternoon. Entire parking lot is once again covered in water. Lynn Creek Park marquee indicates that the Christmas light display is closed due to high water.
Posted By: pYr8

Re: 2 area lakes already closed - 11/30/15 12:35 AM

Much of that water up there may drain down the creeks & Trinity to here. We're ready to help y'all smile
Posted By: timwins31

Re: 2 area lakes already closed - 11/30/15 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Slide_R
Originally Posted By: bbassfishes

Cold muddy water...yes it will impact the fishing.

Exactly. I can catch them in cold normal stained or clearer water. But not in the 35 degree chocolate milk. I've never been very good at it, hell who is?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum