Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma Water Color

Posted By: BigJohn

Texoma Water Color - 11/23/15 08:46 PM

Hows the water from the dam to the pump station? Thinking of going out Wednesday, three weeks ago little mineral was like chocolate milk so just was wondering.
Posted By: Spindletop

Re: Texoma Water Color - 11/24/15 01:17 PM

I am heading out this morning to that end of the lake to see if the small mouth are biting I will let you know about the water color this evening.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Texoma Water Color - 11/24/15 02:05 PM

One of yall needs to take me out for a smallmouth trip I'll even bring some baits smile

Re: Texoma Water Color - 11/24/15 02:56 PM

Thank you sir that is all I want to know. and Brad I ask my Dad all the time why you fish for sallies on Roberts when Texoma is right up the road lol. Toxemia has some pigs in it and when the water is clear the jerk bait bite is crazy.
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Texoma Water Color - 11/24/15 04:01 PM

Heavily stained / cloudy. Looks like turnover is under way.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Texoma Water Color - 11/24/15 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By: BigJohn
Thank you sir that is all I want to know. and Brad I ask my Dad all the time why you fish for sallies on Roberts when Texoma is right up the road lol. Toxemia has some pigs in it and when the water is clear the jerk bait bite is crazy.

More of a challenge to catch smallies on roberts and it's only 10 miles from home but I do enjoy fishing for them at texoma aswell
Posted By: Spindletop

Re: Texoma Water Color - 11/24/15 09:23 PM

Just got back in the lake does look like it is turning over and is stained I caught 4 today on an A-Rig one nice one

Re: Texoma Water Color - 11/24/15 10:06 PM

How much visibility was there?
Posted By: ridinonthepad

Re: Texoma Water Color - 11/26/15 02:49 AM

I live on Texoma and the lake is turning over. Smallies are still running shallow on the points between Ross Perots house and the last cove before the pump station. Look for the flat gravel banks through that area. The smallies like to hang out there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum