Texas Fishing Forum

Weekend fishing and the cold front

Posted By: DEFMP

Weekend fishing and the cold front - 11/23/15 02:34 PM

Did anybody fish during the cold front this last weekend? I was out on Cedar Creek and noticed the shad have migrated up creek channels, but found all the shad to be suspended in the channel at about 30' of water. Made for a tough bite for me. Only boated five in 6 hours of fishing; no real pattern established. I waited to go out on the lake until is was above 40 degree! Water temps ranged from 60-63 degrees.
Posted By: T-Gauntt

Re: Weekend fishing and the cold front - 11/23/15 02:39 PM

Caught a few yesterday afternoon, but nothing to brag about.
Posted By: matt varnadore

Re: Weekend fishing and the cold front - 11/23/15 05:35 PM

I was on joe pool at 7 a.m. yesterday. I found the bait and bass on the main lake in 24 feet of water. I caught 6 on a 6xd and then switched to a c-rig and caught more that way.
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: Weekend fishing and the cold front - 11/23/15 05:39 PM

On Saturday during the front in the gusty wind I landed about 20 total on the Trinity river. Biggest one was maybe 3.5-4lbs. Fish were biting just fine on the river Im sure lakes were probably much tougher though.
Posted By: E-bright

Re: Weekend fishing and the cold front - 11/23/15 06:17 PM

Eagle mtn sunday morning. First 2 fish at 33 degress. Caught 5 before it was 50 then the bite shutoff for me
Posted By: KHumpert

Re: Weekend fishing and the cold front - 11/23/15 07:31 PM

Fished Rayburn on Friday. Caught 14 or so. Best ones came off T Rig in ~31 FOW
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Weekend fishing and the cold front - 11/23/15 09:38 PM

Caught some (nothing of size) on wing ding 25 fow. There were lots of better fish suspended at 5ft in 10--15fow, but they were not interested in my jerkbaits, flukes, or lipless crank.
Posted By: dandeeks

Re: Weekend fishing and the cold front - 11/23/15 09:53 PM

Caught about 12 bass on Lake Fork on Sunday. All dinks by the bridge. No bites in the creeks or on points.
Posted By: PlanoTom

Re: Weekend fishing and the cold front - 11/23/15 10:33 PM

The fishing at Ray Roberts was very good on Sunday. Until the sun really came up, the only bite I got was on a wacky rigged Yum Dinger. I used a GB Rattlesnake with a weight pegged about 24" above it to catch several, including the 3.8lb'er below. I caught one on a chrome Rattletrap but plastics ruled the day.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum