Texas Fishing Forum

Aftermarket boat cover info needed

Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/23/15 02:03 PM

Needing to purchase a new boat cover for my zx250 and there are a ton of different options out there. I'm not real sure what to buy, but I would like something that is trailer able and a custom fit. Wanting to stay around 500 if possible. Any feedback would be great
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/23/15 02:06 PM

Thought I seen one on here or bbc recently.
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/23/15 02:18 PM

I have that one for a 2009 zx225. Not sure it will fit a zx250
Posted By: propman

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/23/15 02:25 PM

Had my last one done by a guy who did them for Plano Marine. Don't remember what it cost as it was done many years ago and is still good. I also don't remember his name but Plano Marine could most probably give it to you unless they were going to put their "commission" on top of his fee. It is trailer able and has kept the boat interior in great shape. I've had a couple made out of Plano Marine ever since I bought the boat in 1999. Nothing negative to say about them.
Posted By: bbexotics

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/23/15 02:39 PM

Look up Aurora covers,without a doubt the best cover made
Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/23/15 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: bbexotics
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/23/15 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: propman
Had my last one done by a guy who did them for Plano Marine. Don't remember what it cost as it was done many years ago and is still good. I also don't remember his name but Plano Marine could most probably give it to you unless they were going to put their "commission" on top of his fee. It is trailer able and has kept the boat interior in great shape. I've had a couple made out of Plano Marine ever since I bought the boat in 1999. Nothing negative to say about them.

Nolan's makes their covers. My Nolan's was even better than my current aurora cover. Both are over $500 and I don't know of a trailer able cover in that price range.
Posted By: Mike Zachary

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/23/15 02:55 PM

Might try Edwards Canvas in Pauls Valley, Ok. The material they use is very similar to a Ranger cover. Custom made for each boat. edwardscanvas.com
Posted By: MIKE SANDERS

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/23/15 02:56 PM

Go to Deans Top and Canvas.
Posted By: Mayo

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/23/15 03:01 PM

I talked to a gentlemen the other day and he mentioned Nolan's. He said it's 100% waterproof and trailer able. He said they have been making these for many many years. They'll come out to your house and tailor make it right there on the spot. The reason we got to talking about it is because he also has a Cat. I believe he told me his Cougar was 20'6". He told me he paid 700.00 cash.
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/23/15 03:12 PM

We have an Aurora. We trailer with it just about every weekend a couple hours each way. It's held up very good.

http://www.auroracanvas.com/
Posted By: officialfish

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/23/15 03:24 PM

brad
can you or do you have white splatter back square bills with chart belly?
Posted By: Classic Fiberglass

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/23/15 03:29 PM

I have used Nolan's for years and have had noting but good results from him.
Posted By: HaulinBass02

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/23/15 05:58 PM

I ordered one from iboats.com. It is their sharkskin custom cover. I trailered from here to Tenkiller, OK and back plus around here several times and it has held up very well. It fits like a glove and I think is the best cover for about $500 you can get.
Posted By: bassinbee

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/23/15 07:00 PM

Just build a shop behind your house and back it in. And you will have a place to paint baits also
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/23/15 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry
Originally Posted By: bbexotics

Won't get it for $500. They quoted me around $750.

I got one for my ChampN from Deans, not cheap.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/23/15 08:09 PM

American Canvas Fort Worth
I have had more than one recommendation for these folks.
Located here in Fort Worth on north side.....BUT, I don't think you can get one made custom for under $1K
JMO.....
I know have been told they can make a cover to fit my rig INCLUDING allowing for the trolling motor and quick ratchet tie downs....
Take a look, or telephone.....just and FYI
God Bless
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/23/15 08:12 PM

Another vote for Nolan's. They do great work and trailer very well. Mine ran around 750 for an 18.5' boat. Custom made at my house, same day.
Posted By: bassin518

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/24/15 12:31 AM

yup aurora!
Posted By: Brandon Potter

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/24/15 12:36 AM

My triton came with an Aurora, its very nice and very heavy duty. Get what you pay for!
Posted By: Brian McCarty

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/24/15 01:54 AM

Nolans makes a great cover locally. Also a fan of the Aurora.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/24/15 02:18 AM

I'm going to call Nolan in the morning I like doing buisness locally and them coming out to build it onsite is great. Thanks guys for the feedback I was originally looking at some manufactured sharkskin covers that looked nice for 450-500 but if it's a couple hundred more for a full custom built at my house then that sounds like the way to go.
Posted By: Brian McCarty

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/24/15 07:17 PM

I think you will be very pleased!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/24/15 08:06 PM

If you buy a prepackaged cover from BPS. make sure you get the next size smaller. Haha. Like condoms, either the covers run big, or my boat isn't as big as I want to believe it is. The cover is loose. Almost too loose.
Posted By: Jumpin J

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/24/15 08:17 PM

I don't know of any trailer-able cover, custom fit, for under $800. Attwood builds most after-market covers for Triton and most major brand-name boats, (if your year model isn't still available). They have the soft, fleecy, underlining and ratchet straps, and computer designed, for each year/brand of boat.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/24/15 08:20 PM

Has anyone ever bought and used one of the covers they sell on Boat Covers Direct?
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/24/15 08:35 PM

I just bought one from Dean's. Just under $700. Fits pretty good. I'm sure I can trailer with it if needed.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Aftermarket boat cover info needed - 11/25/15 02:48 AM

I went through Tacker Marine to get my cover. It's a canvas trailerable cover and custom fit to order. I gave them the make and model of my boat and they ordered it from DOWCO. It was under $400, has ratchets on both sides at the stern. I've had it for 5 years now and it looks like new. JMO.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum