Texas Fishing Forum

Terrova foot control in recessed tray?

Posted By: HaulinBass02

Terrova foot control in recessed tray? - 11/23/15 04:19 AM

My current Minnkota Maxxum control fits in the recessed tray I had installed at the carpet shop but I'm not sure I could get a Terrova control in there. I'm SURE people have a Terrova and foot control in a recessed tray?
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Terrova foot control in recessed tray? - 11/23/15 04:59 AM

I remember someone putting it in a tray but think it was custom. Would be really hard to use all the buttons inside a tray. I think most people use the remote so like me wouldn't need s tray
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Terrova foot control in recessed tray? - 11/23/15 11:54 AM

This is just my experience,,,,, I'm sure others are different.
My Terrova foot control will NOT fit where my other MK foot control did in the tray on my Skeeter.
there are flanges that make the fit not work and then you cant get to the buttons to turn the TM left and right. I had to make a plexi-glass plate to cover the tray and mount the foot control to that. Since you use the two buttons, one left & one right to steer the TM it really isn't bad at all.
You really do not want a Terrova foot control sitting in a tray ...... IMHO.
Posted By: buton

Re: Terrova foot control in recessed tray? - 11/23/15 01:59 PM

it wont fit. you will need to get a filler plate or something.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Terrova foot control in recessed tray? - 11/23/15 01:59 PM

I don't think you would want to do that if it even worked.
The Terrova pedal sits almost flat and you don't have to lift you foot but an inch to use it. If it was in a recessed well you would actually have to step down to it and that would be pretty awkward.
Posted By: Reds Bass Guide on Sandlin

Re: Terrova foot control in recessed tray? - 11/23/15 02:05 PM

I have done this on three boats. Fill it in and screw down the foot controller and your set. Its the best imop. With back troubles I can still run it all day. What boat do you have ?
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Terrova foot control in recessed tray? - 11/23/15 02:08 PM

I made wooden plate that went across it..
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Terrova foot control in recessed tray? - 11/23/15 02:12 PM

Well shoot a monkey. I guess that means the new 'Ulterra' won't really work in a recessed foot well either! That stinks....they need to make some modification or offer a 'fix' ...
JMO
God Bless

Originally Posted By: buton
it wont fit. you will need to get a filler plate or something.
Posted By: JkWho

Re: Terrova foot control in recessed tray? - 11/23/15 02:13 PM

My Terrova was in a recess but I had built a raised tray in order to have the 2 side buttons almost level with the deck. I have done the same with my Xi5 remote. Almost (almost) seems pointless to go through the trouble of cutting the deck then filling the recess almost to the top with a tray but for me it works great...
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Terrova foot control in recessed tray? - 11/23/15 02:44 PM

I got a special made 'insert' for my Ranger188 from diamond sports marine, heavy aluminum and carpet covered. fits perfect, I bolted the foot control
to it and it looks and works great. about $38..
Posted By: HaulinBass02

Re: Terrova foot control in recessed tray? - 11/23/15 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: JkWho
My Terrova was in a recess but I had built a raised tray in order to have the 2 side buttons almost level with the deck. I have done the same with my Xi5 remote. Almost (almost) seems pointless to go through the trouble of cutting the deck then filling the recess almost to the top with a tray but for me it works great...

That kinda sucks as I JUST had a recessed tray put in when I had my carpet done. jKWho may have the best solution though. It sounds like your pedal is still recessed but basically is level with the deck more or less?
I thought I saw the Terrova could be heel/toe or the left/right buttons? Is it easier to just do the left/right buttons rather than the old way of heel/toe?
Posted By: TxPanhandle

Re: Terrova foot control in recessed tray? - 11/23/15 03:36 PM

I used a 2x6 that was cut to length and covered it with non skid material you get at hardware store and worked great on the Skeeter I use to have. I don't think you want a Terrova foot petal in a recessed tray, that are low profile IMO.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Terrova foot control in recessed tray? - 11/23/15 07:55 PM

I emailed Minn Kota and asked if there was a 'fix in the works' for not just the Terrova but the Ulterra as well.
Reply not good. They have nothing in the works and their only retort is to put a 'filler' in the recessed foot well and a mount of some kind (plywood ??) and mount to that
bang

God Bless
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Terrova foot control in recessed tray? - 11/23/15 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: HaulinBass02

That kinda sucks as I JUST had a recessed tray put in when I had my carpet done. jKWho may have the best solution though. It sounds like your pedal is still recessed but basically is level with the deck more or less?
I thought I saw the Terrova could be heel/toe or the left/right buttons? Is it easier to just do the left/right buttons rather than the old way of heel/toe?

Yes. The heel/toe method isn't the same since it is a on/off button rather than pressure that a cabke mount uses. If you aren't familiar with it, don't mount your pedal yet. I find the remote is all that I need and the foot control is just sitting in the corner of the deck out of the way. I know several who put it in storage just in case the remote fails.

The few times I have used the foot control, it was the front buttons as I had more control than the heel/toe method
Posted By: Jobucko

Re: Terrova foot control in recessed tray? - 11/23/15 09:14 PM

I have never even hooked up my Terrova foot control. I use the remote exclusively. I can operate the motor from anywhere in the boat and I have nothing sitting on the deck to get in the way. I used to stow it in the boat in the case of an emergency but after 3 years I removed it because it was just taking up space.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Terrova foot control in recessed tray? - 11/23/15 09:42 PM

The Terrova foot pedal won't fit in my recessed area on my Legend. I just use the remote too. Typically I have customers in the boat with me and I run the TM from the middle of the boat anyway.
Posted By: Reds Bass Guide on Sandlin

Re: Terrova foot control in recessed tray? - 11/23/15 10:22 PM

LEE Using the Terrova is a blessing and you will never go back. The old heal to tow is terrible. Fill it in spray some bed liner on it mount the controller.. If I could figure out how to up load pics I could show you mine.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Terrova foot control in recessed tray? - 11/23/15 10:34 PM

The foot pedal sucks! The only useful part of it is the micro turn and it's useful because you can tap it a bunch of times so your motor is a lot quieter than using the remote to turn it. Like the others have said, throw it in the boat in case of emergency.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum