Texas Fishing Forum

Does anyone else wonder this?

Posted By: Bovine

Does anyone else wonder this? - 11/21/15 12:20 AM

How come when I look at boats online from lets say rangerboats.com or skeeter, almost any type of boat... There are NO prices?? even when I look at dealers selling them its always "call for price" is it one of those things where the price depends on what type of vehicle you arrive in? Thats one selling feature from nitro is they are honest with their prices, in 5 minutes I can create a boat on their website upgrades and all and have a price provided to me.

Aside from that, what would the price run for a new, standard, (no upgrades, I can calculate that later) ranger z519c
Posted By: ifeliciano

Re: Does anyone else wonder this? - 11/21/15 12:35 AM

I'm guessing around the $55K mark for base price.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Does anyone else wonder this? - 11/21/15 12:40 AM

because you'd never come in and go directly to the dealer who had the best price. they need to talk to you to tell you how good of a deal you are getting
Posted By: Bovine

Re: Does anyone else wonder this? - 11/21/15 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
because you'd never come in and go directly to the dealer who had the best price. they need to talk to you to tell you how good of a deal you are getting

I can understand that. However I don't like to waste my time, I've went in somewhere before and they were trying to sell a 2014 used with no upgrades for like $68k and I laughed and walked out.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Does anyone else wonder this? - 11/21/15 12:58 AM

The actual major manufacturers don't sell boats direct. Like Ranger and Skeeter and do not set prices.
As far as dealers, Ranger and Skeeter both have pretty strict Internet advertising policies that don't allow dealers to advertise price so there for the line " call for price".
This is to try to keep dealers happy with profit margins.
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Does anyone else wonder this? - 11/21/15 01:49 AM

Very hard to explain from the aspect as a dealer. Package boats are exactly that. Packages. Skeeter and nitro are the two that do that. Basscat also has a package boat. However, Jim, jake, and Tim all sale boats. But they are all rigged differently. It is hard to advertise that to the general public so they understand. You need to compare apples to apples. Not apples to oranges when there's an late frost and Florida freezes. Prices also very from how far said dealer is from the manufacturer. Also with certain boat and motor brands you receive points for the amount of boats you sale. Tim might have less than Jake in that boat. Package boats have minimum margins.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Does anyone else wonder this? - 11/21/15 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam

Goes to show you how variable (negotiable) their price is.
Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: Does anyone else wonder this? - 11/21/15 02:36 AM

Offer 'em $62,500.00, then wait for the phone call!
Posted By: Brian McCarty

Re: Does anyone else wonder this? - 11/21/15 03:02 AM

I'd check with Cliff at Texas Boat World and Fred at Diamond Sports Marine.
Posted By: wagonwheel

Re: Does anyone else wonder this? - 11/21/15 11:52 AM

I have had good luck buying new CARS via the internet using dealership websites. I figure out how much I am willing to pay for the vehicle, then send email to various dealers asking for their best price on exactly what I want. This is so much better than going to the dealership and playing the game. I would think this would work for a new boat as well. Also, get any financing before hand. The dealership may be able to offer you a better interest rate, but you keep that separate from the boat price negotiation.

Disclaimer: I have never bought a new boat.
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Does anyone else wonder this? - 11/21/15 12:07 PM

Figure out exactly what you want. Boat, motor, guages, etc.

E-mail the people who sell that brand and wait for a reply.

P.S. If some dealers would quit trying to make a years profit off one sell their points might be a little higher! !
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: Does anyone else wonder this? - 11/21/15 02:09 PM

They don't post prices cuz they are afraid they will scare the hell out of you!
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: Does anyone else wonder this? - 11/21/15 02:36 PM

Mostly no 2 boats are the same. So it would cause price confusion. Some have a little more or little less all the way from trailer to seats and carpet. Electronics etc.
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Does anyone else wonder this? - 11/21/15 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: WillieKetchum
They don't post prices cuz they are afraid they will scare the hell out of you!

Same reason some people have to be 'persuaded' to post their prices on TFF.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Does anyone else wonder this? - 11/21/15 03:34 PM

Lots of excuses for the same thing: a salesman does not want you to shop online. They want you to come in and actually touch the product at THEIR store. Then they at least have a chance.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Does anyone else wonder this? - 11/21/15 04:39 PM

You are not going to save any money unless you are prepared to wear the dealer down whether it is a boat or truck deal. If you got the money and will keep the boat forever, just pay it to the dealer closes to you. I do not have that kind of money and only keep my boat for 2 years; so I will spend hours taking up their time over several days or maybe even a month working a deal and trying to convince them what I can do for them as a customer to help sell some boats.

Pricing to you will also depend on what business you can and will bring to them in the future. Many will give a little to have loyal buyers that will work for the dealer, especially for tournament fisherman. Then this gets to another level in the buyers market.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Does anyone else wonder this? - 11/21/15 06:04 PM

My boat prices are posted.
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Does anyone else wonder this? - 11/21/15 06:44 PM

Phoenix 721 pro xp $49,995
Skeeter fx 20 $64,995
Triton 20 trx patriot $52,995

All nationally advertised at this price
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum