Texas Fishing Forum

Off Limits for tournaments

Posted By: Pumadon

Off Limits for tournaments - 11/18/15 09:25 PM

How many bass clubs, not talking about majors, have an off limits period? How long or for what time period? The club I am in has an off limits the week before the tournament but opens the lake on the Friday the day before for scouting, graphing and even fishing if you chose. Is this the norm? Thanks for responding.
Posted By: The fish whisperer

Re: Off Limits for tournaments - 11/18/15 09:31 PM

The club i'm in makes our regular season tournament lakes off limits on Wednesday before our tournament. Our classic tournament, the off limits are from Monday through Thursday the week of the tournament.
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: Off Limits for tournaments - 11/18/15 10:00 PM

The college circuit I run has no off-limits. Some of the teams travel in from out of state so we don't put restrictions on when they can practice (they usually come in a couple days before the tournament). In fact, the out of state teams tend to do better than the local teams that can practice whenever they want to.
Posted By: rowlettfisherman

Re: Off Limits for tournaments - 11/18/15 10:56 PM

Grapevine anglers is off limits the Tuesday thru to the tournament. RHBC has no off limits
Posted By: rowlettfisherman

Re: Off Limits for tournaments - 11/18/15 10:58 PM

Grapevine anglers is off limits the Tuesday thru to the tournament. RHBC has no off limits
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Off Limits for tournaments - 11/18/15 11:08 PM

making the week before the tournament off limits seems reasonable for a small, casual club.

most guys can't fish during the week
Posted By: fish 4 5

Re: Off Limits for tournaments - 11/18/15 11:21 PM

Our club meets on Tuesday, the lake is off limits from Tuesday night until Saturday.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Off Limits for tournaments - 11/18/15 11:33 PM

Arlington bass club has no off limits.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Off Limits for tournaments - 11/18/15 11:42 PM

Lake Fork Anglers has no off limits. But then most are retired and can fish nearly all the time anyway. So you tell'em they can't go fishing on their lake??
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: Off Limits for tournaments - 11/19/15 03:03 AM

An off limits is no good if your tournament director doesn't monitor it.
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Off Limits for tournaments - 11/19/15 03:13 AM

Texas Trails Bassmasters of Lake Fork has no off limits.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Off Limits for tournaments - 11/19/15 04:04 AM

Tyler Bass Club has no off-limits. I have to work during the week but I don't like off-limits in a club or a circuit. The worst is having the official pre-fishing day on Friday, followed by a pre-tournament meeting Friday night and the tournament on Saturday. You end up being rushed to get your batteries charged and everything re-tied. If you have any kind of boat or equipment problem, or even if you need to buy some tackle, it makes it difficult or impossible to get everything done and if you do you're probably not going to get much sleep.
Posted By: Pumadon

Re: Off Limits for tournaments - 11/19/15 04:41 AM

Well we went back to "no off limits" for this next year after trying a restricted off limit for one year. Thanks for your input, Raytheon bass club. We are open to everyone wanting to fish as an individual or as a team. Non-boaters are welcome also. We fish east Texas lakes and local lakes.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Off Limits for tournaments - 11/19/15 02:24 PM

McKinney Bass Club has no off limits for regular tournaments and has off limits the week prior to our classic.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum