Posted By: lodell23

TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 07:01 PM

Looks like they're coming to Ray Roberts this year. May 20-22
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 07:08 PM

VERY cool.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 07:08 PM

Thanks for the info. Saw the official press release; looks like they are hosting some activities at the Toyota Stadium in Frisco. Should have a huge turn out.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 07:09 PM

http://www.toyotatexasbassclassic.com/20...iversary-event/

I truly believe that Roberts will get a BASS Classic someday soon as well.
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 07:24 PM

Awesome!!
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 07:44 PM

Roberts?!?!?! Poor ba$tard$ grin
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 07:46 PM

There goes that fishery.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: horseplaydvm
There goes that fishery.

That fishery has been gone for years already
Posted By: COHLMEYER

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 08:05 PM

Nice. Should be entertaining
Posted By: David Burton

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: COHLMEYER
Nice. Should be entertaining

Especially the people watching. All those boats following A pro to the back of Indian... banana Sign Me Up!!!

In all seriousness, finally a Nationally Televised BIG event on a DFW (proper) lake in the 'modern era'!
Posted By: buda13

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By: collincountytx
Thanks for the info. Saw the official press release; looks like they are hosting some activities at the Toyota Stadium in Frisco. Should have a huge turn out.

Why in the world would they go to Frisco instead of Denton????
Posted By: Brent S

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 08:34 PM

Sponsored by Toyota, so they go to the Toyota stadium.

How do you marshal this?
Posted By: fish 4 5

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 08:35 PM

Should be very interesting. Will have to put it in n the calendar

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Brent S

How do you marshal this?

Ahhh, didn't think of that....
Posted By: Brent S

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13

How do you marshal this?

Pretty far though considering Denton being right there. They must be getting a great deal on it.
Posted By: musiclife_7

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 09:18 PM

How do you marshal this?

Pretty far though considering Denton being right there. They must be getting a great deal on it.

It's probably Free. Not to mention their Toyota Plant is also going to be in North Plano!

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 09:19 PM

Denton is also more centralized between Dallas and Tarrant county... would probably draw better crowds as a result. Either way, its completely AWESOME that the event is on Ray Bob!
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 09:34 PM

That's gonna be sweet
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
Roberts?!?!?! Poor ba$tard$ grin

1+

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 10:08 PM

5 guys will catch all the fish the others will be like WTH?
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: horseplaydvm
There goes that fishery.

More like a few lower units!
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 10:17 PM

Denton is also more centralized between Dallas and Tarrant county... would probably draw better crowds as a result. Either way, its completely AWESOME that the event is on Ray Bob!

They title the stadium in Frisco and for the concert venue there's nothing better. That place will be jammed packed and awesome. Other than maybe the UNT stadium, Denton has nothing close and that doesn't make sense for Toyota. I'm sick about the dates selected as I'll miss it but this will be an awesome event. No offense to the folks at Fork but the experience at that stadium rain or shine will be world class and awesome for DFW anglers and their families. Outstanding move for TTBC.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 10:24 PM

I like watching big tourneys on TV at other peoples lakes. Not sure I am happy about all that traffic at my lake. Not sure I am happy about a bunch of pros beating up my fish! Yes I know they are not my fish and it is not my lake but I like to think so. Guess I will go watch and enjoy the show! cool
Posted By: B-rader

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 10:49 PM

Lakes going to get throttled in May , TTT championship is the week before
Posted By: reelfast

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 11:02 PM

No marshals. Only judges. What ramp are they going out of anybody know?

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 11:08 PM

Major League Fishing was out at Isle duBois. Don't know whether they will follow suit. Back on a non-slot lake will they go back to a standard weigh-in format? Lots to learn over the next few months!
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 11:18 PM

Sweet this on Ray bob and bass fest on texoma nice to see north Texas get some of the action.

You guys can say what you want about the weights but I would be willing to bet they are close to if not higher than what they were on fork this year.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 11:19 PM

MLF style they could catch another 100lb. sack out there... 100 1lb. spotted bass! grin
Posted By: YAMADOGGY

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 11:31 PM

great more fish killed
Posted By: Delvec

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 11:35 PM

Originally Posted By: David Burton
Major League Fishing was out at Isle duBois. Don't know whether they will follow suit. Back on a non-slot lake will they go back to a standard weigh-in format? Lots to learn over the next few months!

Not all was outta the State Park, the finals launched @ Buck Creek.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/17/15 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Delvec
Originally Posted By: David Burton

Not all was outta the State Park, the finals launched @ Buck Creek.

That's right, they launched up there, I thought their stage setup stayed down at the park.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 12:16 AM

I call shotgun with Brad!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad
Sweet this on Ray bob and bass fest on texoma nice to see north Texas get some of the action.

You guys can say what you want about the weights but I would be willing to bet they are close to if not higher than what they were on fork this year.

I call ridin shotgun in Brad's boat!
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 12:24 AM

Originally Posted By: YAMADOGGY
great more fish killed

Why do you say this? Do you have any idea how the TTBC works. Fish are caught weighed released within a minute normally. Only ones come in to stage are the ones over a select length that will be announced to judges and pros.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 12:25 AM

great more fish killed

Lol, they weigh them right on the water in real time in this event and release them on the spot. I'm fairly certain it's the lowest mortality rate of any kind of format. Maybe do a little more research before making this kind of comment...
Posted By: David Medler

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 12:27 AM

That time of year the weights will be a lot better than when MLF came. Should be a great event.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank

I call ridin shotgun in Brad's boat!

Lol I would love to get a spot as a judge but I'm not real sure wha I have to do to get set up. I doubt there will be any open spots anyway.

Also will be nice to see the pros attack the lake the week after I'm fishing the ttt championship.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Jones

They title the stadium in Frisco and for the concert venue there's nothing better. That place will be jammed packed and awesome. Other than maybe the UNT stadium, Denton has nothing close and that doesn't make sense for Toyota. I'm sick about the dates selected as I'll miss it but this will be an awesome event. No offense to the folks at Fork but the experience at that stadium rain or shine will be world class and awesome for DFW anglers and their families. Outstanding move for TTBC.

Have they renovated the soccer field in Frisco?, haven't been there in like 10 years.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 01:46 AM

It may barely be 10 years old. Not sure it's in need of renovation?
Posted By: joebass2

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 02:30 AM

$$$$$
Posted By: Madman Phoenix

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 02:50 AM

Depending on where you stayed at Fork, It would have taken you 30 minutes to get over to the SRA. So I don't think its a big deal having to go over to Frisco. The stadium is only 28 to 30 miles. I already made reservations for my RV for the whole week.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 03:05 AM

On 380 that means two hours
Posted By: Madman Phoenix

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 03:13 AM

It has gotten pretty bad but its not that bad.
Posted By: Mayo

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 03:33 AM

I live maybe two miles from the Toyote Park so this will be awesome. I can leave my house and be at Jordan in 30 - 35 minutes. It's not a long drive.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 03:44 AM

This stuff makes me chuckle a bit. For years I've watched everyone complain that North Texas gets snubbed by the pro level events. Now all of sudden it's too far to drive to Frisco? From Ft Worth to Rockwall to Sherman and South of Dallas, if you like bass fishing and country music this should be an easy event to find a way to attend.

You'll also have an opportunity in June to run up for BASSfest on Texoma. No more excuses for North Texas anglers to not show up and have some fun and watch the pros... but wait... grin

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 03:53 AM

I don't think anyone said it was too far , just that Denton is a large city to pass by to go to Frisco . I do understand why they're doing it though
Posted By: Lu32

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 06:28 AM

Sweet y'all all know what's next to Toyota stadium? Rudys BBQ now I'm
Excited haha!

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 10:13 AM

What's it going to take to win?
Posted By: James P.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 11:49 AM

3 day total 118lbs
Posted By: Battson34

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 12:49 PM

3 day total, no 5 fish limit =120 plus total weight.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 01:25 PM

Wait. I want in.....

Why don't they come to Texas ?
Why are they driving past Denton?
Why are they gonna kill the fish?

Haha.

I think it's cool. I'd follow them in my boat, but it's too slow. Lol
I'd have to guess where they'd fish and wait for them to show up, but I'd obviously guess wrong. And no boats would come to me. Lol

Guess I'll have to set my DVR for some time in 2017 to record it. mad
Posted By: Mike1285

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 01:36 PM

Spot on Mark Jones
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 02:04 PM

Bunch of wimmins on this thread......
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 02:23 PM

great more fish killed

Eat a snickers YAMADOGGY
Posted By: Chris G

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 02:26 PM

Some of the people on this forum never cease to amaze me.....there is not a single negative thing I can think about them having this event on Ray Roberts and all the other festivities at the Toyota facility. You can't even begin to compare the lodging and restaurants available in the Frisco area compared to Fork and in my opinion maybe even Denton. Denton is a great little liberal college town but it doesn't have a facility like the Toyota stadium. Yes, it may be a shorter drive but its probably worth the extra 15-20 minutes to get to Frisco given the set up they will have here. I live on the West Side of Frisco and it takes me 35 minutes to get to the IDB State Park.....so in big bass fishing tourney that is nothing of a drive.

This will ensure I attend my first TTBC event. Won't go watch anything on the water but definitely gonna go see some of the great shows they put on.
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 02:31 PM

I agree...this will draw a huge crowd.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 03:10 PM

i think it's a great idea, I would kill to be a Judge... I wish it was in April, me and Sinkey fished a Champs event there in April one yr and the weights were unbelieveable. Someone weighed a SAL. and didn't win. It took 35+ I think.. Super venue at Frisco too, really looking forward to this, it's great for North Texas... I agree with Perry on the BASS event, this could be the ground work for one upcoming cheers
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 03:47 PM

I made what could be looked at as a negative comment, but it has nothing to do with the event or where they are doing it. Ray Roberts is my personal kryptonite and I remember MLF out there and how they struggled. I hope it fishes well for them and I will attend the event.
Posted By: TDR2

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Bossbowman

Have they renovated the soccer field in Frisco?, haven't been there in like 10 years.

They are about to drop some major money in to Toyota Stadium

http://www.fcdallas.com/post/2015/10/14/...national-soccer
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: James P.
3 day total 118lbs

Originally Posted By: Battson34
3 day total, no 5 fish limit =120 plus total weight.

Are they going to the MLF format from best 5 before?

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
i think it's a great idea, I would kill to be a Judge... I wish it was in April, me and Sinkey fished a Champs event there in April one yr and the weights were unbelieveable. Someone weighed a SAL. and didn't win. It took 35+ I think.. Super venue at Frisco too, really looking forward to this, it's great for North Texas... I agree with Perry on the BASS event, this could be the ground work for one upcoming cheers

I fished that event and most the teams sucked it up... Robert's is one tuff fishery... NOT a Fan.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 07:20 PM

Its gong to be a phenomenal event, my apologies for voicing an opinion about the venue. cheers
Posted By: PlanoTom

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 08:08 PM

The MLF results from 2014 might be a good indicator of what to expect but that was when the water was still way low.

http://www.majorleaguefishing.com/news_details.aspx?id=7607

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 08:21 PM

Well maybe some hydrilla will return , lake won't be low . Should be very exciting to watch
Posted By: fouzman

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By: PlanoTom
The MLF results from 2014 might be a good indicator of what to expect but that was when the water was still way low.

http://www.majorleaguefishing.com/news_details.aspx?id=7607

Not MLF format, just best five for the day . So I guess the weight for the guy with 6 fish total might be a good indicator.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: OzzieFish

I fished that event and most the teams sucked it up... Robert's is one tuff fishery... NOT a Fan.

noidea You forgot your fishing hat that day, I've had some phenomenal trips there OzMan... grin
Posted By: Chris B

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 09:02 PM

Its gong to be a phenomenal event, my apologies for voicing an opinion about the venue. cheers

Get with the program! After party in my backyard.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris B

azn

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 10:12 PM

My guess in a best 5 daily is 75-85lbs. over the three days. I think after seeing all the tiny bass we had after the flood, there will be a LOT of small aggressive fish in the lake next year that they will have to sift through to get to the bigger ones. I also think the fish will mostly be post spawn and not as heavy as they could be.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 11:06 PM

I'm looking forward to going out there to follow some guys around. I have a bad feeling none of them will be fishing the stuff I usually fish
Posted By: gatoreyes

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/18/15 11:25 PM

I plan to be out there each day, guarding my spot!
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: OzzieFish

So is Fork sometimes for Most, but they will prove it just as they did fork maybe not 100 lbs+ over the 3 days but expect it to be probably 25Lbs+ each day to stay in top 5 several figure it out plus thats what they do for a living catch big sacks of bass day in and day out.
Posted By: goose

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 02:13 AM

MLF didn't allow prefishing or info, TTBC will have both.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 02:19 AM

What did you say that address was over there? You got a pool- or a pond. The pond will be good for me. roflmao

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 02:20 AM

Oh and by the way, these guys are gonna smoke-em May.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 02:24 AM

Raybob fish don't gang up as much as Fork fish do. All the fish in Fork stay together. That's why I can't ever catch 'em. Gotta find 'em first. RayBob fish are more scattered here and there, and you could possibly catch a couple of biggens together, but not 10 of 'em like on Fork. I'll say 25lb sacks will be on the high end daily creel for the pros, maybe someone will hit 30 but doubtful.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 02:42 AM

It will take 30lbs a day and you might be right there might now be huge schools but in the right spot you can catch 5-6 nice fish. They will have time to prefish and gain info about the lake I would be shocked if the winner has less than 90lbs and yes some will struggle as do I on most occasions. These guys will catch some big fish and may open some people's eyes about the fishing at Ray Roberts they will be there at the right time to put some big bags together. If someone hits the rights spots 3 days in a row it might be possible to break 100lbs.
Posted By: T54

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 03:02 AM

It will take 30lbs a day and you might be right there might now be huge schools but in the right spot you can catch 5-6 nice fish. They will have time to prefish and gain info about the lake I would be shocked if the winner has less than 90lbs and yes some will struggle as do I on most occasions. These guys will catch some big fish and may open some people's eyes about the fishing at Ray Roberts they will be there at the right time to put some big bags together. If someone hits the rights spots 3 days in a row it might be possible to break 100lbs.

I don't think you are factoring in how difficult it is to catch a massive bag, multiple days in a row. Roberts kicks out 30lbs sacks in 1 day team tournaments in March and April. Could it kick one out in late May? Sure, it could. But doing it 3 days in a row? no way. That doesn't happen on the best lakes in the country during peak times.

Platinum Team Trail had a 2 day event out there in 2014. It was exactly 1 month later than the TTBC is scheduled. It took 38lbs to win over two dats...and if you think the pros are THAT much better than some of the dudes that fished that deal, you are mistaken.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 03:39 AM

with how clear ray bob is now. I bet some giant bags are caught on big swimbaits especially post spawn fish looking to feed up.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 03:44 AM

3o+ for the 3 days will be the bench mark to win for sure,, as I said in an earlier post-wish it was in April.
For May that will be a feat, imo. Not impossible by a long shot, that lake can really impress when you least expect it.. This will be good..
Posted By: Trickster

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 03:50 AM

If a repeat of weather in May of this year happens next year during this event......Post your thoughts on what will happen.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 03:50 AM

Bring'em to squaw...

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 03:54 AM

No rainout for the events, they'll find a way to get on the lake if it is 7 ft high. With a cold, wet winter, they could be in the middle of the spawn when they hit that lake. It is usually behind anyway, right? I have a club tournament out there the following week, so I might be out there "pre-fishing"!

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 05:02 AM

The lake is in a lot better shape this year than it was in the past few years. With the winter weather that is predicted I would be willing to bet they are not completely done spawning. I know my fishing abilities are average or maybe a hair above and I have fished with pros before and there is no comparison in fishing abilities. I have been consistently catching 13-15 lbs the past few weeks with the lake fishing a lot tougher now than it will be in May. Putting 3 days together on Ray Roberts will be tough, but someone will do it.

You guys are welcome t your opinions and we will see what happens in May.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 02:35 PM

I can't figure out when locals estimate such huge weights is it they are cheerleaders for the fishery or is it a passive aggressive way to brag about own skills on lake and put down best pros in world when they don't come close to estimate.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
I can't figure out when locals estimate such huge weights is it they are cheerleaders for the fishery or is it a passive aggressive way to brag about own skills on lake and put down best pros in world when they don't come close to estimate.

???? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, left fielded me there Rob.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 03:04 PM

I have been fishing Roberts regularly as my home lake since 1993 and I don't think I have ever caught 5 - 6lb. fish in one day. I am just your average non tournament fun fisherman but still we consistently catch good fish out there. It has taken all of those years finding hundreds of spots and the techniques that work on them to be able to consistently catch those good fish. After all that TOW, the lake still kicks my butt sometimes. Is the potential for 30lb. sacks there? Sure but a 30lb. sack three days in a row in post spawn on Ray Roberts will be really tough! I look for 20lb. average sacks with the top guys averaging 25lb. As for venue, as someone who lives in Denton, I am so happy the party and the traffic that goes with it is in Frisco and I will be happy to drive over there to see it.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 03:24 PM

Is this five fish or as many as you can catch?
Posted By: Barrett

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 03:34 PM

Wanna bet on this? I'm no ray Roberts pro but I am willing to bet some money that nobody breaks 90 pounds. Let alone 80. It will take 60-65 maybe if they get lucky. Let's wager! This lake is a different lake, they will struggle and 20 pounds a day will win it.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 03:37 PM

I think Barrett is right unless we get grass back

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Brad Hardt
Is this five fish or as many as you can catch?

Best 5 each day, just like all previous TTBCs.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 03:42 PM

I will eat my crow if I am wrong but brad I think your giving them or the lake a little too much credit. This is a lake that has seen just a couple one day 30 pound bags over the last 5 years during tournaments. You really think someone is going to do that 3 days in a row. These guys are good but they are not God. Also remember the lake is gonna get smoked Friday, Saturday and Sunday before guys fishing ttt. In the last 3 months I don't think anyone has been able to bust 18 pounds in any tournament. Most being won with 15 pounds or less.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 03:42 PM

I think you were being helpful fouz , sorry I don't keep up with previous ttbc. Thanks

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 03:43 PM

I think you were being helpful fouz , sorry I don't keep up with previous ttbc. Thanks

No apology necessary, bud.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 03:47 PM

I'll agree with Barrett on this one. I think the winner will be around 60. I expect someone will bust a 30 pound bag one day though.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 05:04 PM

I bet I beat my PB of popcorn intake by the time this event wraps up.

popcorn

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Barrett
Wanna bet on this? I'm no ray Roberts pro but I am willing to bet some money that nobody breaks 90 pounds. Let alone 80. It will take 60-65 maybe if they get lucky. Let's wager! This lake is a different lake, they will struggle and 20 pounds a day will win it.

Exactly, I even offered Dobyns Champ Extreme rods as bet on Scott Gordon's FB.
Posted By: TDR2

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 05:20 PM

Whats the over/under you guys are talking about? 75?

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 05:23 PM

I will take the under on that all day long, with confidence!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 05:47 PM

I wonder if it is a big of a concern of the chance of a terrorist attack. Frisco and the immediate area have had numerous people linked to the radical muslim world.

Hopefully TTBC will go above and beyond to ensure the security and safety of it's patrons.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 05:49 PM

I will do the same for anyone that wants to. Except lets make it a power tackle PG 104

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 05:55 PM

I will do the same for anyone that wants to. Except lets make it a power tackle PG 104

With the past weights at Conroe and Fork, Ray Roberts could be a one and done if the lake doesn't produce. Hopefully the weights are high and they return in the future.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 05:56 PM

You're right Doug I hear terrorist love bass fishing

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 05:58 PM

yes I had 2 guys with RPG's on a brushpile this morning

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 07:10 PM

None of you have a clue.......just none of you! bang

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 07:22 PM

Ill be guarding the windmill.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 07:23 PM

I wonder if anyone will find that basket that is used to win most big tournaments at RR?

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 07:27 PM

I will bet that the lower unit shops will be working overtime for those three days.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 07:31 PM

What if someone hits the windmill with their lower unit . That would be insane
Posted By: slim 285

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 07:32 PM

There is three different routes to take you from the State park to Toyota stadium that take less than forty five minutes.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.

I wonder if anyone will find that basket that is used to win most big tournaments at RR?

Are you talking about the Barrett basket? grin
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 08:38 PM

yes I had 2 guys with RPG's on a brushpile this morning

Saw 3 ISIS fighters on a BassCat at Lewisville the other day.

Drop shotting.... of course they were drop shotting.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 09:09 PM

Are you talking about the Barrett basket? grin

My secret it out. And i obviously could not find it this year lol!

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 09:47 PM

The kind of fish Barrett catches wont fit in a basket.... he needs a 53' trailer to fit 5 of em in there.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 10:09 PM

I got one of my fish out of my live well the other day with a minnow net. Dead serious. My days have past!

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 11:11 PM

I'm not going to wager anything on the weights. I stated my opinion and you guys stated yours, I could be wrong and so could you simple as that. I don't have the money to throw around to compete with you 2 guys anyway.

I will be happy to take some of your money on the lake sunday though smile

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 11:19 PM

This just got real
Posted By: get-bit

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/19/15 11:23 PM

popcorn

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/20/15 12:57 AM

I'm not going to wager anything on the weights. I stated my opinion and you guys stated yours, I could be wrong and so could you simple as that. I don't have the money to throw around to compete with you 2 guys anyway.

Boo Yah....

Where has Barrett been lately anyways

FYI... This may be the last Sunday tourney so you guys better get on it. I have to werk mad It wasn't like I was anything to worry about anyways lol. This will just make someones Christmas stockings a little skinnier.

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/20/15 01:03 AM

I have been bow hunting. Always switch gears around the rut!
Posted By: skeeter james

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/20/15 01:10 AM

Maybe they will stick around for the Sunday tournament, you know it has pretty good payouts!!!

Just kidding!! I will definately be up there to watch some of the guys!!!

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/20/15 02:28 PM

I only make smart bets! betting on my fishing skills vs. you Brad is NOT smart. laugh Good luck, I'm out there flinging arrows for another few weeks.

I'm getting Garmin this year though, you will need to show me how to use!
Posted By: sight fisher

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/20/15 03:43 PM

I hope the Dallas lake produces better than the Dallas Cowboys who you will not be seen in February contrary to what Tony Romo says. roflmao
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: TTBC Coming to Ray Roberts 2016 - 11/20/15 05:06 PM

popcorn
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum