Texas Fishing Forum

Grande Bass Airtails

Posted By: 361V

Grande Bass Airtails - 11/13/15 09:09 PM

A few observations on the new Airtails from Grande Bass: they are not very heavy duty, the rattles don't stay in the tails and they defiantly catch fish! Anyone else have problems with the rattles not staying in the tails? I may need some installation instructions!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Grande Bass Airtails - 11/13/15 09:46 PM

Place rattle in the hole in the tail.

A drop of "mend it" will hold the rattle.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Grande Bass Airtails - 11/13/15 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
Place rattle in the hole in the tail.

A drop of "mend it" will hold the rattle.

Pretty clever right there
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Grande Bass Airtails - 11/13/15 10:05 PM

Match, lighter
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: Grande Bass Airtails - 11/13/15 10:47 PM

super glue thumb

Just a drop
Posted By: Possumkingdomtackle

Re: Grande Bass Airtails - 11/14/15 02:04 PM

I fished one on a carolina rig yesterday, didn't do any good but they sure look good!
Posted By: ifeliciano

Re: Grande Bass Airtails - 11/14/15 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterDon
super glue thumb

Just a drop

+1
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Grande Bass Airtails - 11/14/15 03:18 PM

Mend it is some neat stuff, as in it won't glue your fingers together.
Posted By: Shawn Mead

Re: Grande Bass Airtails - 11/14/15 06:48 PM

The longer the GrandeBass plastics stay in the bag the more oily they become. They have a special formulation that bleeds the scent and never dries out. I use mendit to seal the Airtail when using rattles or Daisey BB's as a weight system in the Airtail on a whacky rig etc. No more nail weights and I can adjust the weight for depth of water, rate of fall, action etc.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Grande Bass Airtails - 11/14/15 06:53 PM

I guess this is an endorsement for the bait. Would you say your catch ratio has improved using this bait over all others?
Just curious....it's not exactly expensive but, at something just less than $5 I would like to know, well and if you would share, what color seems to work best for you?
Thanks in advance,
God Bless
Originally Posted By: Shawn Mead
The longer the GrandeBass plastics stay in the bag the more oily they become. They have a special formulation that bleeds the scent and never dries out. I use mendit to seal the Airtail when using rattles or Daisey BB's as a weight system in the Airtail on a whacky rig etc. No more nail weights and I can adjust the weight for depth of water, rate of fall, action etc.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Grande Bass Airtails - 11/14/15 07:17 PM

Lee, I caught quite a few on Airtails the other day on a C-rig. Like the way the the tail floats up. Would I caught as many w/my old stand-buys of Rattlesnakes or Ringfrys? IDK. They were working well so no need to change. The floating tail is perfect for a shakey head also. The baits are not heavy duty. Trade off for the action you get from the soft ribbed body style. What I do worry about is(over thinking) is the scent of using Mend-It to keep the rattle in place. I use this for mending swimbaits and that stuff is strong....and unpleasant, at least for humans!
Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: Grande Bass Airtails - 11/14/15 07:25 PM

Lee I'm not endorsed by GB, but I can tell you I always have one tied on. I've caught more fish on the 4.75" Rattlesnake and now Airtail in the past 5 years than all other plastics combined. I just started using the Airtail but I've had some great success with them. I haven't had any issued with ripped tails as others stated. As far as color, my 3 fav colors in order have to be Trophy Hunter, followed by BlackOps Blue and lastly El Jeffe. TxRig, C-Rig and Shakyhead are my fav methods.
Posted By: Shawn Mead

Re: Grande Bass Airtails - 11/14/15 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Lee in Texas
I guess this is an endorsement for the bait. Would you say your catch ratio has improved using this bait over all others?
Just curious....it's not exactly expensive but, at something just less than $5 I would like to know, well and if you would share, what color seems to work best for you?
Thanks in advance,
God Bless
Originally Posted By: Shawn Mead

Lee - I am not going to sit here and tell you that this bait is the end all be all. I will tell you that there is not another bait out there, that I am aware of, with the same profile that is as versatile as the air tail. Send me your address and I will put a few packs in your hand. You just got to promise that you are willing to share your success with the forum.

You cannot go wrong with any of the colors. They all have their time and place. Base your choices due to water color and time of year. You can never really go wrong with any variation of Watermelon
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Grande Bass Airtails - 11/14/15 09:02 PM

Lee I've been a fan of the rattle snake type bait since it hit the market and I think the airtail gives a bigger profile and a different action that works for me. I use a little larger glass rattle and I haven't had any issues with the rattles coming out of the tail...
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Grande Bass Airtails - 11/15/15 12:18 AM

Thanks all for your information and reply's. It sounds like a great bait....now, if only this fisherman can learn to use it
God Bless
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum