Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance Problems

Posted By: Tanner Crim

Lowrance Problems - 11/11/15 05:44 PM

Ive been having problems with my HDS 10 units. I run a gen 1&2, last week i was on leon and it wouldn't pick up my gps location. I wasn't real worried about it and only had a few hours to fish. Went out monday and the same thing happened. Could it be my puck? Ive tried doing a soft reset and also turning them off, which has worked in the past. Also I turned my Gen 2 on when i launched the boat and it was working fine, went and parked the truck and came back to a black screen. I tried messing with it for a couple hours before giving up. The gen 2 is less than a year old. Any help is very much appreciated, I'm taking it in to the shop this afternoon to see what they say but some help could save the trip.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Lowrance Problems - 11/11/15 05:46 PM

if you have a puck yes it could be. Can you try it on someone else's boat?
Posted By: Tanner Crim

Re: Lowrance Problems - 11/11/15 05:53 PM

Im going to try that tonight coach, my biggest fear is that the gen 2 is burnt up. this will be the second one to burn up as i bought the gen 2 because the other gen 1 fried while fishing in the rain.
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: Lowrance Problems - 11/11/15 08:10 PM

At least it'll be under warranty.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Lowrance Problems - 11/11/15 10:09 PM

Was there any moisture in the air? My gen 2 got the boards wet, thought it was a goner. Once it all dried out, it was working again. I hope it is something small for you like a bad connection, or just a glitch requiring a power disconnect.
Posted By: BassBucknBeer

Re: Lowrance Problems - 11/11/15 10:14 PM

Go into the settings and make sure the correct antenna is selected. Mine did this once and it had the wrong one selected
Posted By: RedShadWorm

Re: Lowrance Problems - 11/12/15 05:51 AM

I had these same symptoms once and it was a bad wire connection. Fixed that and it's been flawless since.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum