Texas Fishing Forum

Minn Kota Ulterra

Posted By: nxt

Minn Kota Ulterra - 11/08/15 01:42 AM

Did Minn Kota fix the problems with this TM? Be interested in hearing from owners.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Minn Kota Ulterra - 11/08/15 03:11 AM

sorry mine was the terrova
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Minn Kota Ulterra - 11/08/15 11:55 AM

what are "the problems" you are referring to ?
The ones I have seen in operation work flawlessly,,,just like my Terrova does.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Minn Kota Ulterra - 11/08/15 02:24 PM

They had a software problem with the first few that did not totally stow the motor. It was fixed within the first six months. No problems at all since.
I know two people with them and they are unbelievable motors. I am waiting on my new one now.
Posted By: Andy W

Re: Minn Kota Ulterra - 11/08/15 03:05 PM

Just installed one on a friends boat. Tried to deploy for a test run and it stopped midway through. It wouldn't move after that. After pulling the sides back off, I found the spindle/shaft was bend and now it was in a bind. Called minn kota and a new one arrived in 5 days. Test run looked good. Now it's time to get it in the water and see how sweet that thing is.
Posted By: big bass520

Re: Minn Kota Ulterra - 11/08/15 10:55 PM

I have one on my ranger and since the day I had it installed (6 mounts ago) have not had any problems with it.
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Minn Kota Ulterra - 11/09/15 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: big bass520
I have one on my ranger and since the day I had it installed (6 mounts ago) have not had any problems with it.

But,,,do you like it ?
Posted By: big bass520

Re: Minn Kota Ulterra - 11/10/15 03:08 AM

To tell you the truth I love it.Its got a couple advantage like the spot lock if you are fishing deep and its windy, I got it with a 60 inch shaft for windy days and the 112 is powerful. Don't regret buying it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum