Texas Fishing Forum

Crazy short fish story

Posted By: Ryan Wags

Crazy short fish story - 11/06/15 03:16 PM

This fish literally just jumped in my boat! Lol....... My lure got stuck in some brush. I was shaking the rod tip under water, and in jumps this fish!
Posted By: jasoniam

Re: Crazy short fish story - 11/06/15 03:21 PM

Quit scarin the fish!!! Thats not nice!!...lol...cool story!!!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Crazy short fish story - 11/06/15 03:29 PM

HaHa!!

Me and a buddy had a 4 pounder jump up on the front deck with us one day at Monticello! It hit the deck and flopped twice and back in the water it went! Scared us to death!!!
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Crazy short fish story - 11/06/15 03:34 PM

I had a big fish smash right into the side of my boat once. I didn't even have a lure in the water. I think it must've been chasing something and the baitfish swam right at the boat. Just saw this bass come out of the water and slam into the side of the boat. Scared the [censored] out of me.

I'm surprised I didn't see it floating after that, I would've thought that it had knocked itself stupid.
Posted By: epicoutdoors

Re: Crazy short fish story - 11/06/15 03:49 PM

Pitching a jig at Fork a few years back, got snagged a couple of inches under the surface. I eased up and reeled down to bump the jig free. The instant it popped loose an 8 lber slammed it and nearly pulled me in. Scared the [censored] out of me but after a few crazy seconds I got the button pushed and gave her a little slack. I've had this happen a few times and it's always a good sized fish.
Posted By: Ryan Wags

Re: Crazy short fish story - 11/06/15 03:52 PM

Ain't gonna lie. It did scare the [censored] out of me too!!

My God,EastTXbassin',that is an absolutely enormous fish! Killer pic.... You da man!Duuuuuude!
Posted By: ChrisPowellFishing

Re: Crazy short fish story - 11/06/15 04:24 PM

I have switched my trolling motor to high before and bass jump In the boat. Guess I just spoked em
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Crazy short fish story - 11/06/15 07:40 PM

I had a 3 pounder jump in my sea do at Lake Eufaula over Labor Day weekend. It landed right at my foot

Posted By: Possumkingdomtackle

Re: Crazy short fish story - 11/06/15 08:40 PM

I wish I was that lucky lol
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Crazy short fish story - 11/06/15 08:56 PM

I've had a similar thing happen, just with a much smaller fish. I was throwing a weightless senko on Lville last summer at the dam, wound it in quickly for the last 10 yds of the cast, and when I picked it up out of the water, a 12" bass came with it, straight onto the deck. Flopped once and went right back in the lake. We got a really good laugh out of it.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Crazy short fish story - 11/07/15 01:19 AM

Cool story. Also nice fish. coolio
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Crazy short fish story - 11/07/15 01:31 AM

I can hear the Bass story when it got home. This thing scared the poop out of me, I jumped, thought I was going die, and next thing I know....
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Crazy short fish story - 11/07/15 01:58 AM

I guess I need more time on the water or more importantly around fish! I want this to happen to me!
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Crazy short fish story - 11/07/15 02:32 AM

You are blessed Ryan. That's why you catch so many good fish as a guide. That Bass just couldn't wait it wanted to ride.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Crazy short fish story - 11/07/15 02:44 AM

The bass was on a recon mission.
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Crazy short fish story - 11/07/15 03:40 AM

Me and a friend had one jump in the flatbottom.

We were up in the creek on Monticello. Bout halfway to the bridge heading towards the haul road.
Posted By: Ty's Team

Re: Crazy short fish story - 11/09/15 08:01 PM

Question is, does it count as a catch? What are the rules in landing a fish like that and taking it to the weigh in? lol I'd probably throw it back in not knowing the rules.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Crazy short fish story - 11/09/15 08:42 PM

I was fishing Fayette this past Friday. I was out there pre-dawn and fish were jumping everywhere. There were so many jumping that I had convinced myself they must be carp or some sort of rough fish. A few minutes later I had not one but two fish jump straight into the boat eliminating any doubt they were LMB.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum