Texas Fishing Forum

Braided line for spinning rod

Posted By: SlowDown

Braided line for spinning rod - 11/04/15 08:22 PM

I have a couple of medium action spinning rods that I load with 15 lb. braided line and fluoro leaders to use for finesse techniques. Need to replace the old braid with new braid and i'm sure some new and improved lines have come out since the last time I bought braid. What are some of the best/most popular lines today, i.e. the one, or ones, you would recommend? Thanks for your help.
Posted By: CoyAintNoGoldFish

Re: Braided line for spinning rod - 11/04/15 08:49 PM

I use braid on some of my spinning set ups. I have found that Power Pro Slick is NOT the one you want to use. It loops and knots really easily and will waste a lot of string ergo, a lot of money. I would go with a green braid. I actually do like normal power pro. I've been wanting to try out the FX2 from Sunline. I've heard really good things about it.
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Braided line for spinning rod - 11/04/15 08:56 PM

I have been happy with Sufix 832braid on a Shimano Stradic Ci4+ 2500 reel and a medium, fast tip rod. I use 10 lbs. braid main line to an 8 lbs. Seaguar Invizx fluoro leader.

One interesting observation about the 832 is it doesn't make the traditional noise when reeling in through the guides.

So far, anyway, most every review I have seen of 832 finds it a solid choice.

Hey! If you are going to use a leader for its invisibilty, try that bright yellow 832 for the main line. It is super easy to keep and eye on it which sure comes in handy for most finesse techniques.

Brad
Posted By: OldChamp

Re: Braided line for spinning rod - 11/04/15 09:32 PM

For smaller diameter braid on spinning reels I've been using yellow Power Pro. Much easier to see.
Posted By: ifeliciano

Re: Braided line for spinning rod - 11/04/15 09:49 PM

15lb Yellow PowerPro with a Flouro leader
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Braided line for spinning rod - 11/04/15 09:52 PM

Power Pro Super Slick

Go with this braid. Man, I tell you, it has made a WORLD of difference when I switched from standard Power Pro to Super Slick. The difference being, when you make a long cast this line doesn't dig into your spool because the exterior of this braid is very round. A lot of braided line out there is not cylindrical or round; the less cylindrical, the more it digs into your spool. It's just as strong as any other braid. Highly recommended!
Posted By: lizardfliper

Re: Braided line for spinning rod - 11/04/15 10:12 PM

Im going to check out the super slick. Right know im using 10-15lb spiderwire flourobraid and like it, ive had good success with it. Ive heard good things about the sunline fx braid also though.
Posted By: SlowDown

Re: Braided line for spinning rod - 11/04/15 10:36 PM

Thanks very much for the replies. The old braid I'm using is yellow. I'll definitely continue to use a high visibility line.
Posted By: Marooned

Re: Braided line for spinning rod - 11/05/15 03:51 AM

P-line has come out with a new braid called TCB (Teflon Coated Braid). I've been using it a few months and like it on my spinning reels. It's green, don't know if it comes in other colors. Pretty smooth through the guides. Bass Pro carries it on their website, probably in-store.
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Braided line for spinning rod - 11/05/15 05:36 PM

+1 power pro
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum