Texas Fishing Forum

Lake O The Pines

Posted By: Gibby

Lake O The Pines - 11/04/15 04:02 PM

I'm going this weekend with my two boys and my dad, to Lake O The Pines. Staying at Johnsons Creek Marina. I don't know the lake, having been on it only once, several years back, so I have a couple questions and hoping somebody here can help.

1. Is the lake safe to run? Is one area safe but another not?

2. How is it fishing? Can I assume we will catch a few if we fish in the creeks with square bills, flukes, etc? Backs of creeks? Mouths of creeks?

I guess that's it. Just looking for some basic tips maybe, and some direction on running the lake.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Jhaskins88

Re: Lake O The Pines - 11/04/15 04:50 PM

The whole south end is pretty open I wouldn't run in creeks once you go under the bridges if not familiar with the lake... As far as just catching fish this time of year I would come outta Johnson and take a right and head north stay in middle of lake you will notice a tree line on your left just stay in the middle once you past alley Creek you will notice a tree line on each side of you once again stay in the untill you run into the boat road it has arrows on which side to run and I'd stay within two boat widths of the poles follow up under the bridge and just start fishing anywhere with reaction Baits and weight less worms also camp joy has alot of small schooling fish in it.... Hope this helps good luck
Posted By: Jhaskins88

Re: Lake O The Pines - 11/04/15 04:53 PM

If your interested in a guide I highly recommend Justin Margraves lake fork guide

Re: Lake O The Pines - 11/04/15 05:10 PM

Awesome, James.

Many thanks.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Lake O The Pines - 11/04/15 05:26 PM

North end was a blast last fall, numbers and some good ones! Smash the grass!!!

Re: Lake O The Pines - 11/04/15 09:48 PM

Scratch that! They just called and said the cabin we had rented wont be available because it's leaking.

Hoping we can find something else in short notice now.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Lake O The Pines - 11/04/15 09:57 PM

LoP Lodge has a few cabins, contact for avail.

http://www.lakeothepineslodge.com/cabins.html

also a few houses

http://www.lakeothepineslodge.com/houses.html

Re: Lake O The Pines - 11/04/15 10:00 PM

Thanks, Ted!
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Lake O The Pines - 11/04/15 10:03 PM

NP - i added a link to that - i forgot they differentiate between the cabins and houses. the "cabins" are pretty small, the houses have lots of room and amenities
Posted By: Fork Guide Justin Margraves

Re: Lake O The Pines - 11/05/15 02:18 AM

There is also a good crankbait and fb jig bite on the south end of the lake on main lake points. We probably caught 50 on Monday! Let me know if your interested in booking a trip.

Re: Lake O The Pines - 11/05/15 02:18 PM

I appreciate all the advice, tips and help.

I ended up finding a house to rent for the weekend on Cypress. A fair amount more than I was planning on spending, but that's ok. I know that lake pretty well.

Thanks again,
Posted By: LittleGazoo

Re: Lake O The Pines - 11/05/15 06:11 PM

Lance Vick has a boatlanes for Lake o the Pines navigation.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum