Texas Fishing Forum

Walmart out of marine batteries?

Posted By: Razorback

Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/04/15 03:26 AM

I just went in two Walmart Supercenters here in Tyler and there's not a single Everstart marine battery in either one. Got home and looked at Walmart online and all their Everstart deep cycle batteries are out of stock.

Anyone heard what is going on?
Posted By: pineycreek

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/04/15 12:00 PM

Brenham store showed 0 inventory as did every other store in Houston area. I called store, and they have 3 in stock. Makes no sense to me why all stores show no inventory.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/04/15 12:35 PM

So much about buying their batteries and if one goes bad there is always a Walmart store to replace them. fish
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/04/15 01:04 PM

Months ago I checked online and saw the same thing. The store had them but not a full inventory. Not sure what the issue is but it had been going on for a while.
Posted By: Undertaker56

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/04/15 02:24 PM

I would go to interstate batteries...
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/04/15 02:57 PM

Plenty of Everstart batteries in Dallas. I use nothing but Walmart. I took one in yesterday that had gone bad. I bought it 1 1/2 yrs ago at a different Walmart. I did not have a receipt. They scanned it, told me to get another one just like it and said thanks for the business. No charge! GO WALLYWORLD
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/04/15 03:08 PM

I bought two last month, and there were plenty on the shelf at our local WM.
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/04/15 03:50 PM

That's typical. Earlier this year I had to call about 8 stores in central Arkansas to find one that had the series 29's I was looking for. The online inventory said that most of those 8 stores had some in stock. The store I got them from showed zero in-stock online.

I saw several series 29's on the shelf at my local store a couple days ago.
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/04/15 03:51 PM

I stopped using Walmart batteries when they changed their return policy. I've been using Exide's from Academy. No problems and plenty of availability at all their stores if needed.
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/04/15 03:52 PM

seen several 27, and 29 series but no 31 series
Posted By: lcbl75771

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/04/15 04:08 PM

Give the Continental store in Tyler a call. They sell Trojan batteries, I have used them and they are good batteries. Better than the WM batteries.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/04/15 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: texasbass1
I stopped using Walmart batteries when they changed their return policy. I've been using Exide's from Academy. No problems and plenty of availability at all their stores if needed.

If there are two brands I won't buy they are Exide and Continental. I've tried both over the years. I also have four Optimas I bought several years ago. Never again. I'm not going to spend that kind of money on a battery that doesn't perform any better than a Walmart battery that costs 1/3 to 1/4 as much.
Posted By: roblo101

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/04/15 05:39 PM

I got 2 29's over a month ago at Brenham walmart. I had heard Walmart was going
to stop selling marine batteries, so I ask the guy, he said he hasn't heard that. Not sure!
Jasper Walmart had some that next week
Posted By: ddmm

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/04/15 09:48 PM

Costco...if your a member. They just opened one up by us and the Guy working the battery section said they have no way to check the batteries....so a couple months before the warranty runs out, take it back and get a new one.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/05/15 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: ddmm
Costco...if your a member. They just opened one up by us and the Guy working the battery section said they have no way to check the batteries....so a couple months before the warranty runs out, take it back and get a new one.
Ya, that's the right thing to do. Condescending? You bet!
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/05/15 02:00 AM

Sure thing,I would sleep well at night. fish
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/05/15 02:51 PM

Yep. And we wonder why return policies get changed.
Posted By: 921ELITE Cranker

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/05/15 03:42 PM

I have never been a fan of the Wal Mart. I tried once and after I had one go bad and had to get it replaced, the store was out and I had to go to two other Wal Marts in other cities to get it replaced. I have had Trojan SCS 225's in my last two boats and they are awesome! You can buy them at any Continental store. The Interstates are not bad either. They have quite a few Interstate stores around the metroplex so its convenient if you have a problem.
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/05/15 05:32 PM

I've had good luck with Walmart batteries so far, been using them for years. No complaints. Hard to justify spending two to three times as much for no reason.
Posted By: rb7764

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/05/15 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: 361V
Originally Posted By: ddmm
Ya, that's the right thing to do. Condescending? You bet!

Wow. My integrity is NOT for sale.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/05/15 05:41 PM

Trojans FTW
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/05/15 09:03 PM

I've been using Wal Mart batteries for a long time. I just had to replace a 27 deep cycle that had a purchase date of 2007.. it lasted that long for me! When I went over to the Wal Mart in Crowley to replace it.. I got the last one they had on the shelf.. and there weren't many other marine batteries there at all. I bought an Exide at Academy for cranking.. 1000CCA model. They have replaced it twice as it just quit taking a charge. I hope that I don't have to replace any more batteries anytime soon.
Posted By: flexpress

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/06/15 03:49 PM

I use the biggest I can get walmart had to drop down to smaller size ...dew not have the maxx
Posted By: HappyHooker

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/11/15 04:43 AM

5 years and 3 different sets of group 29's from walmart. Never once got any more than one and half years out of any walmart deep cycle battery except for the cranking battery. 4 years out of it. Had continentals that came with the Phoenix, two years out of them and done. Best battery on the market, interstate imo. they're 129.99 and one year replacement with 2 year pro rate from IBS in Houston.
Posted By: whnigt

Re: Walmart out of marine batteries? - 11/11/15 11:08 AM

I ask our Temple Wal-Mart about the battery situation. Was told they will have them again starting in the spring. Feb. -March time frame.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum