Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing Line Criss Crossing Itself

Posted By: COWBOYSFAN008

Fishing Line Criss Crossing Itself - 11/03/15 09:35 AM

What's ya'lls opinion about how the line is spooled on a brand new roll. In other words, some people are firm believers in only buying line that is spooled from the factory that is not criss crossing itself on the spool, I believe Seaguar is one. My thing is, as soon as you start to spool it on your reel, its going to criss cross on itself so it really doesn't matter. Opinions?
Posted By: slshaneus

Re: Fishing Line Criss Crossing Itself - 11/03/15 09:46 AM

imo....dont sweat the small stuff...
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Fishing Line Criss Crossing Itself - 11/03/15 11:59 AM

I agree that, taken by itself, it isn't a huge deal. It would be one of those things, a tiny edge, that if you do enough of them . . . might add up.

Sufix Elite comes to mind as one line that uses what it calls "G2 Precision Winding" and it claims to help eliminate line memory. And, the line is extruded differently, too.

There is no doubt that line laid down like that should have less issues. If you lay down line in as random a method as possible, zig zagging back from one edge to the other, the line would likely "roll" a bit owing to the angles.

No one spools line on like that anyway, but I think the precision winds likely do have some merit.

Brad
Posted By: COWBOYSFAN008

Re: Fishing Line Criss Crossing Itself - 11/03/15 12:30 PM

I appreciate the comments. Me personally it doesn't matter what so ever. I was just curious what ya'll thought about it.
Posted By: Undertaker56

Re: Fishing Line Criss Crossing Itself - 11/03/15 01:54 PM

All I use is seaguar never any problems...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum