Texas Fishing Forum

Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod

Posted By: 8upwithfishin'

Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/03/15 03:54 AM

Ok, thought I had made up my mind to get a Kistler Mag Senko rod, but not 100% sue. What are other bait cast options around the $125-$160 range? Thanks.
Posted By: Brian McCarty

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/03/15 04:33 AM

Falcon weightless worm special.
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/03/15 04:58 AM

I had a Daiwa Tatula 7'2" MH Regular action (TAT721MHRB) sent to me by mistake. I kept it but wasn't sure what I was going to use it for. First time I used it was with a 5" senko t-rigged weightless and I caught a 7.5 pounder. The softer action lets the rod load up nice for casting lighter weights and it has plenty of backbone for driving the hook home. Lots of good choices and you might find one of these new on ebay or BBC for around $100.
Posted By: ssj3goten

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/03/15 11:11 AM

St croix legend bass "teaser"
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/03/15 12:57 PM

Megabass orichi spinning rod "drop shot" rod.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/03/15 01:48 PM

G. Loomis E6X Jig & Worm

I highly suggest you save a few extra bucks and go for this rod. It retails for $180 but with the features it has, it could easily pass for $225. The 803C JWR is a perfect rod for senkos and wacky rigs. It's 6'8" in length and that's gonna help with skipping under docks and such. It has the perfect tip and a solid backbone for when you hook into a hawg! This rod is one of the lightest rods that G. Loomis makes. The sensitivity and balance of this rod blows away every other rod in the same price range.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/03/15 01:57 PM

My favorite senko rod is in the bottom of a lake. With my favorite reel. Lol. It's a Falcon Cara Micro 7' medium heavy with a fast tip. The reel is a Lews Team Lews Pro. Lol. I have a grappling hook and a way point. Gonna go fish it out Thursday. Lol.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/03/15 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Brian McCarty
This works for me too.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/03/15 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By: 361V
Originally Posted By: Brian McCarty
This works for me too.

thumb
Posted By: RCarter

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/03/15 02:37 PM

Waterloo Wacky Stick.......No Comparison
Posted By: spy231

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/03/15 03:47 PM

I just got a chance to fish my 13 fishing omen black 2 in a tournament this weekend and I really like it. I think I am going to buy a few more omens for my next rods. (I dont have any other high dollar rods to compare though).

6 of my 7 bass were caught on a wacky rigged Senko.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/03/15 03:56 PM

I use a Powell Max 683 or a 703.
Posted By: basseditor

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/03/15 04:28 PM

I have IMO the perfect Senko set up. Actually, I have 3 of these.

Kistler Z-bone 7 foot 6 inch 3 power. It's not a regular production rod, so you'll need to do the custom Z-bone to get it.

One of the above is spiral wrapped. I have caught so many fish with these.
Posted By: 90 5.0

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/03/15 05:25 PM

I bought a kistler carbon steel for a spinnerbait rod a while back and was catching good fish on senko's. Rigged up the weightless senko on it for partner also and it did very well for it.

Another good option that won't break the bank.

I throw mine on a helium 3 but the carbon steel felt great also and put a bunch of fish in the boat too!!!

My magnesium is my "least favorite" kistler But I've got a frog rod. Just seems a bit heavy compared to all the rest of my kistlers.
Posted By: Ryan Somerville

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/03/15 05:50 PM

I like Power Tackles PG-144 7'0 its in between a medium heavy/ heavy works awesome from 3/8oz down to weightless
Posted By: D Thomas

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/03/15 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: 8upwithfishin'
Ok, thought I had made up my mind to get a Kistler Mag Senko rod, but not 100% sue. What are other bait cast options around the $125-$160 range? Thanks.

Your first thought was a good one.

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/03/15 11:59 PM

Thanks to all for all the info. To everybody (mainly SteezMacQueen) that mentioned a Falcon weightless, I owned one for 2 trips and it's now on the bottom of Lake Fork. I came out of Little Caney and the waves and spray was so bad I never saw it fly out. I had it strapped down but had the tip of the rod facing the bow. I was sick when I realized me new Falcon and Curado was gone.
Posted By: hoghead2007

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/04/15 05:14 AM

Falcon low rider weightless worm rod
Posted By: thedeuce

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/04/15 05:21 AM

Falcon 6"9 AOY rod. I like it a little better than the low rider weightless rod. A little tiny bit stiffer which I prefer when throwing the weightless senko.
Posted By: flyguy12

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/04/15 07:32 AM

Plus one on the Falcon weightless worm special. One of my favorites have a a slew of Falcons yet not one of the AOY actions. I can tell you that the weightless worm action will chuck a small swim bait a mile and give you enough power to set the hook at distance and keep em out of the cover.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/04/15 11:24 PM

Go get your PADI. No tellin what you might come up with.
Posted By: Shaun Lowe

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/05/15 12:12 AM

NRX 893

Re: Favorite Senko/Wacky Rod - 11/05/15 12:40 AM

Looks like the ole Falcon is still the way to go in my price range. Shaun Lowe must be messing with me or he didn't realize I cant spend $500.00. Thanks again.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum