Texas Fishing Forum

Kistler Magnesium TS Rod

Posted By: 8upwithfishin'

Kistler Magnesium TS Rod - 10/31/15 03:37 PM

Looking for opinions on the newer version of this rod. Always been a Falcon user, but was curious how this rod compares. Needing another Md Hvy rod around 7' with a cork handle. Thanks.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Kistler Magnesium TS Rod - 10/31/15 03:52 PM

I switched from Falcon to Kistler. Wish I'd have switched longer. Very sensitive rods for the money. I beat mine up pretty good and zero issues! Just bought a Klx and picking up another Mag rod today.
Posted By: D Thomas

Re: Kistler Magnesium TS Rod - 10/31/15 04:33 PM

Great rods and reasonably priced.

Re: Kistler Magnesium TS Rod - 10/31/15 04:36 PM

Thank ya'll. I've heard good things about the KLX, but mixed reviews on the Mags. It may be time to give one a try.

Re: Kistler Magnesium TS Rod - 10/31/15 06:05 PM

If u was closer I'd let u borrow some mine to try urself. They just collect dust most of time. Lol
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Kistler Magnesium TS Rod - 10/31/15 06:32 PM

Klx and helium are great

Re: Kistler Magnesium TS Rod - 10/31/15 07:20 PM

I can get a Mag for $110, but now I'm wondering if I should save up for the KLX? Anymore opinions? Thanks again.
Posted By: jwatts77

Re: Kistler Magnesium TS Rod - 10/31/15 07:35 PM

Kistler is coming out with a new Magnesium 2 rod. I used a prototype at the C.A.S.T. Classic on Amistad. This new Mag 2 has a new grip unlike anything else out there. The new grips are made of the same material golf club grips are made of. It is every bit as sensitive as cork, grips when wet as good as cork, and looks awesome.

Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: Kistler Magnesium TS Rod - 10/31/15 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: 8upwithfishin'
I can get a Mag for $110, but now I'm wondering if I should save up for the KLX? Anymore opinions? Thanks again.

I have owned or own just about every line of rod Kistler has come out with. If I could afford it, every rod would be a Z-Bone. That being said, the Magnesiums are a great rod for the price.

Re: Kistler Magnesium TS Rod - 10/31/15 09:24 PM

Thanks to all for the info. C.A.S.T when will this new rod be available and any idea on price? Hey mudd, sounds like you need to get out more if possible! Thx for the offer.

Re: Kistler Magnesium TS Rod - 10/31/15 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: 8upwithfishin'
Thanks to all for the info. C.A.S.T when will this new rod be available and any idea on price? Hey mudd, sounds like you need to get out more if possible! Thx for the offer.

I know. Racing out west and my son take all my fishing time. Lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum