Texas Fishing Forum

Talons Squawking

Posted By: Kirkster

Talons Squawking - 10/30/15 12:11 PM

I really like my new 10 foot Talons, but they squawk pretty loud every time they go up and down. Is that normal? Also every so often one of them does not retract, so I have to always look back to make sure it is up. Those are minor issues and overall I give them a big thumb's up.
Posted By: Zach S

Re: Talons Squawking - 10/30/15 03:42 PM

I spray silicone spray in the grooves while it is fully extended every now and then and it keeps it quiet. Also washing it out while its fully extended helps too.
Posted By: monster fish

Re: Talons Squawking - 10/30/15 04:09 PM

buy power poles
Posted By: Drummond1

Re: Talons Squawking - 10/30/15 04:49 PM

Mine makes a little noise, that is one way I know they are going up or down. If I am using the remote on the bow, and there is an obstruction to the signal (like my wife having an umbrella up) I may have to use a different remote
Posted By: squib

Re: Talons Squawking - 10/30/15 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: monster fish
buy power poles

Find someone with powerpoles and then soak up some of the hydraulic fluid that is leaking out of their boat's drain hole from a ruptured line. Use that fluid to oil your Talons. Everyone wins.
Posted By: hopefullythisworks

Re: Talons Squawking - 10/30/15 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: squib
buy power poles

Find someone with powerpoles and then soak up some of the hydraulic fluid that is leaking out of their boat's drain hole from a ruptured line. Use that fluid to oil your Talons. Everyone wins.

boxing
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Talons Squawking - 10/30/15 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: squib
buy power poles

1st. I have NEVER seen a PowerPole line "rupture"
2nd They use compression fittings. If these fittings are not properly secured they will come apart.
3rd their fluid really isn't that "Oily" thumb

P.S. I find my multi cutters from Snap on handy. Compression fittings require a clean cute and multiple torqueing.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Talons Squawking - 10/30/15 07:12 PM

Rangers are better than Skeeters. Oh sorry, wrong post.
Posted By: monster fish

Re: Talons Squawking - 10/30/15 09:32 PM

getting ready to take off my minn kota trolling motor also, horrible customer service, and they just plain don't give a shi%&$&$&&$&. so motor guide here I come, will never own a minn kota product again..
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Talons Squawking - 10/30/15 09:40 PM

getting ready to take off my minn kota trolling motor also, horrible customer service, and they just plain don't give a shi%&$&$&&$&. so motor guide here I come, will never own a minn kota product again..

I am confused about this. Was the trolling motor under warranty? How old was it from purchase? What exactly is wrong with it?
Posted By: LittleGazoo

Re: Talons Squawking - 10/31/15 02:37 PM

Kirkster
Call Talon Support. 800 227 6433 and have the serial number.

My 12' squawked. Had to send back and MK fixed the problem.

Ask if your Talon can be take to a local Service Repair or have to be shipped in. They wanted to diagnose mine.
Posted By: LittleGazoo

Re: Talons Squawking - 10/31/15 02:46 PM

And Kirkster's OP was too seek info, some help & stated he is very happy with his Talons as am I.

So please no trolling and take off-topic to another thread or go to PM.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum