Texas Fishing Forum

Headed to Amistad

Posted By: gimsfish

Headed to Amistad - 10/27/15 08:45 PM

Anybody have any info on what the fish are doing at Amistad? Any help APPRECIATED!! flehan
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Headed to Amistad - 10/27/15 09:19 PM

- Shoreline pepper grass- plenty of small fish on wacky rigs, frogs and senkos.
- Just off the pepper grass- a few bigger fish coming on the pods of grass in 8 to 14 ft.. Many pods visable just off shore. Use a 1/8 oz. 16" short Crig with 10" Motoroil/Red worms.
- A stringer of a life time could come out of the deep 25 ft. tall grass on a 5" heavy drop (1 oz.) shot rig using a Gene Lawrue Hoo Daddy JR. in Watermelon/Neon. Although many miles of fishing it will be required to find one sweet spot.
- Your best topwater spots will be right next to 50 ft. of water in the Pepper Grass.

Re: Headed to Amistad - 10/27/15 09:50 PM

Thanks so much Donald I'm just glad to hear that the grass is back!! God Bless!! flehan
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: Headed to Amistad - 10/27/15 10:18 PM

Where's a good place to stay thinking about going down New Years

Re: Headed to Amistad - 10/27/15 11:46 PM

We always stay at Rough Canyon on the Devils but most people stay over at Deablo East! You can go on line and they give rates and availability!
Posted By: blondie

Re: Headed to Amistad - 10/28/15 12:43 AM

We had our best luck up the Rio Grande two weeks ago. We caught them on Zoom Horny Toads Watermelon Color with the legs dipped in that bright yellow dip in glow with garlic and 5" Baby Bass colored Senkos wacky rigged, We caught them in 15 foot or less depths. Had very little luck in Evans, Castle and the Devils River. We fished for a week. We caught about 25 a day up the Rio Grande with the biggest being around 21 inches.
Posted By: blondie

Re: Headed to Amistad - 10/28/15 12:51 AM

PM sent on Amistad lodging

Re: Headed to Amistad - 10/28/15 01:02 AM

Give me a shout. I can put you in a trailer close to the ramp.
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/7564450/Amistad_Lodging
Thanks,
Donald
Originally Posted By: Bugzout10
Where's a good place to stay thinking about going down New Years
Posted By: Gary D

Re: Headed to Amistad - 10/28/15 03:31 AM

My partner and I were there Friday . Frogs frogs frogs! Lost a monster!
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Headed to Amistad - 10/28/15 11:31 AM

Thanks Gary and Donald headed down myself in a few days. Just have one question about the frog bite. Is the bite on Horn Toad or Spro type frogs? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Gary D

Re: Headed to Amistad - 10/28/15 11:54 AM

I was throwing a Scum Frog.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Headed to Amistad - 10/28/15 12:26 PM

Thanks. Will be chucking one and the other lures also.
Posted By: wacopops

Re: Headed to Amistad - 10/28/15 08:02 PM

gimsfish, I am here on Amistad staying at holiday travel rv park on 90. Lake looks good and I will start fishing Monday. Will post often will be here for a month or more.

Re: Headed to Amistad - 10/28/15 11:19 PM

Thanks wacopops I am taking a guy down there that doesn't get to fish much! Im hopeing to put him on some fish, would like to catch bass but I will catch white bass or stripers if I have to!!! grin
Posted By: Abbott (MCM Tackle)

Re: Headed to Amistad - 10/29/15 12:52 PM

Good luck. My wife and I just bought a bought and fish amistad but we are still trying to learn how to fish it. I was raised up north and fishing there is a lot different then here. Any advice is appreciated.
Posted By: Trapper02

Re: Headed to Amistad - 10/29/15 03:30 PM

what the winter bite like down there, like Dec/Jan i know im going to itching to go fishing wince winter gets here.

Re: Headed to Amistad - 10/29/15 08:51 PM

It will really be slow on Amistad but Falcon is a different story sometimes. You always have Sugar to go to for an adventure if fishing on Falcon is tough.

My Mexico trips will be 100 per day with 50 over 5 lbs. each day.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum