Texas Fishing Forum

Squaw Creek

Posted By: UTDmiller

Squaw Creek - 10/26/15 01:12 PM

Went to Squaw for the first time yesterday, it is a fun little lake. We pretty much caught fish at every stop we made, seems you could pull into any cove and catch a few while beating the bank. Didn't look for anything in deep water this trip since we were catching them on steep banks. Majority of our fish, including 7 tilapia and 3 drum came on square bills with our biggest coming on a jig. 15-20 bass up to 3.5#, not bad for the maiden voyage in my boat on a new lake. Now if only I can find where those bigger fish are...

Edit: Also, fattest fish I have seen. They were all obese
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Squaw Creek - 10/26/15 02:26 PM

Sounds like a great trip!

As for the bigger fish, all I can say is a Blue Fleck Power Worm up towards the river.
Posted By: Brandon Dickenson

Re: Squaw Creek - 10/26/15 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: UTDmiller
Went to Squaw for the first time yesterday, it is a fun little lake. We pretty much caught fish at every stop we made, seems you could pull into any cove and catch a few while beating the bank. Didn't look for anything in deep water this trip since we were catching them on steep banks. Majority of our fish, including 7 tilapia and 3 drum came on square bills with our biggest coming on a jig. 15-20 bass up to 3.5#, not bad for the maiden voyage in my boat on a new lake. Now if only I can find where those bigger fish are...

Sounds like you had a fun day. Also, remember that fisherman are liars.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Squaw Creek - 10/26/15 04:57 PM

I tried that GD blue fleck Powerworm and all I caught was a cold
Posted By: buda13

Re: Squaw Creek - 10/26/15 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish Killer
Sounds like a great trip!

As for the bigger fish, all I can say is a Blue Fleck Power Worm up towards the river.

When are you starting up your Squaw Creek Guide Service?
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Squaw Creek - 10/26/15 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: 04champ
I tried that GD blue fleck Powerworm and all I caught was a cold

I read all about it, but never tried it haha. SBills were the ticket for us, and flipping trees
Posted By: buton

Re: Squaw Creek - 10/26/15 05:32 PM

thats funny i have never had any luck with squarebills there..... the blue fleck is the winner on my case haha thumb
Posted By: Dakota22

Re: Squaw Creek - 10/26/15 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: UTDmiller

Sounds like I really need to go to squaw creek now. Just have to fight the urge to go chase them at Fork.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Squaw Creek - 10/27/15 02:07 AM

Good job lil brother! Maybe you can talk Chris (fish killer) into going with you next time smile just make him sit down if you go under any bridges! He's kinda really tall! Lol!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum