Texas Fishing Forum

Deep diving Jerk baits

Posted By: flyguy12

Deep diving Jerk baits - 10/24/15 05:59 AM

Love fishing jerk baits in fall and winter. Have a ton of the 4'-6' sinking variety. Curious on good suspending jerk baits that get down deeper? Any Suggestions on baits that suspend well and produce at 8-10 ft?
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Deep diving Jerk baits - 10/24/15 10:51 AM

Not cheap but a Lucky Craft Pointer XD will get you there.

Posted By: ChrisPowellFishing

Re: Deep diving Jerk baits - 10/24/15 10:54 AM

Good To know Thanks John 175!
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Deep diving Jerk baits - 10/24/15 10:55 AM

Spoonbill Rouge
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Deep diving Jerk baits - 10/24/15 01:41 PM

Megabass Vision 110+1

Have you tried these? They have the same erratic action as the regular 110's do but it dives deeper. Super awesome bait when the baitfish are holding in deeper water during the Winter months. On 8# flouro I can easily get this bait down to 7-8 feet. You can get it to go 9-10 feet if you make a super long cast or long-line the bait.. yes, I often long-line jerkbaits to get down a little deeper.
Posted By: MV

Re: Deep diving Jerk baits - 10/24/15 01:45 PM

have you tried adding weights
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Deep diving Jerk baits - 10/24/15 04:30 PM

110+1 is a great bait but it will only get you down to 7 or 8ft, another option is lc staysee 78d, I have some blanks I need to test that claim 10ft but that is yet to be determined. Also included a pic of my new pro blue 110+1 on a semi holographic body. I sell the 2 hook models for 9 and the 3 hook models for 11. They will come with stainless rings and blk nickel hooks and be balanced for proper suspending characteristics.

Posted By: kirbydog

Re: Deep diving Jerk baits - 10/24/15 04:35 PM

Spoonbill rogues will get you down to 10 maybe 12 ft depending on line diameter. Fluro of course will get you deeper than mono.
Posted By: rockyknox

Re: Deep diving Jerk baits - 10/24/15 04:46 PM

Megabass FTW
Posted By: flyguy12

Re: Deep diving Jerk baits - 10/25/15 03:24 AM

Thanks guys. I just picked up some LC XD pointers yet will try the mega bass 110+1. curious Hunters Dad how do I place an order?
Will try adding weights. MV any preferred wt. material'?
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Deep diving Jerk baits - 10/25/15 11:15 PM

the good thing about the DD pointers is that they suspend real good and sink very slowly so the can pull them down and wait and they will go even deeper.

I probable have 20 of them I never use because of all of the standing timber here at Fork. I would be heartbroken to have to break one off at 25'. I used to fish them in more open type of water.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Deep diving Jerk baits - 10/26/15 12:46 AM

Suspend-dots were once available to add to lures for more depth, but I haven't used them or kept track of whether they are still available. The old-school trick I've used with success is to add a few neat wraps of thin-diameter solder to the shank of one or more hooks on jerkbaits. You can easily adjust the amount, it's placement, or remove it completely, as needed.

On the jerkbaits I used, I found that solder should never be added to the tail hook. The middle hook was usually the best place to keep the tweak neutral to the lure's action. Sometimes it was possible to add a bit to the front hook, but I didn't try this very often. Adding solder to an already deep model made for an impressive depth range when matched with a thin line. I saw this make a difference on quite a few occasions, especially with a cold surface layer that had pushed bass deeper.
Posted By: H B

Re: Deep diving Jerk baits - 10/26/15 02:17 AM

Lucky Craft Staycee 90
Posted By: T54

Re: Deep diving Jerk baits - 10/26/15 03:59 AM

110+1 is sweet.
Posted By: largemouthokie

Re: Deep diving Jerk baits - 10/26/15 11:25 AM

110+1 are killers of broken bow. Catches blacks, spots, smallmouths and walleye. Very good in winter months. Especially February.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum