Texas Fishing Forum

New Bass Boat Prices

Posted By: Insurance man

New Bass Boat Prices - 10/23/15 07:54 PM

I was in the boat business for 19 years and understand what all goes into making and rigging on a new boat. I love to fish and currently have a 2011 Skeeter FX21 and I am ready for a new one but at 70k plus for a loaded 21 foot bass boat is just something that I refuse to pay. I cant see how they can justify that price when I just purchased a loaded out new Ram 1500 for 40k out the door. When are the manufactures going to hit the ceiling on pricing or have they already?
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/23/15 08:02 PM

When we quit paying the prices asked.
With that said, some manufacturers are getting the idea. Skeeter is offering a "package " now that is pretty decent for what you get. I believe it's the ZX225 but could be wrong. Comes with Lowrance 9s and a power pole
Posted By: snickers

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/23/15 08:03 PM

It is only money. The key is to make more money. That is the only thing that works for me.
Posted By: dupree123097

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/23/15 08:04 PM

When I am ready to buy a new boat it will definitely be a phoenix, they fish well and aren't priced as high as Rangers or new skeeters.
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/23/15 08:10 PM

It's pretty ridiculous. And they're able to do it because banks extend us 10 yr loans and people just worry about how much the monthly payment is. Sad really.

Several years ago I was in the camp of "buy a newer boat with warranty so if it blows up its covered." But now... You know how many engines I can slap on my boat and blow up before I'm out 70k? As long as I have a 20-21ft boat that will get me where i need to go and pump water in my livewells, I'll be happy. I can always add the latest graph or power poles.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/23/15 08:19 PM

Mfg's. are beginning to feel it. Their work around to date is nationally advertised pricing that cuts the dealers margins to zilch! bang
Posted By: COHLMEYER

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/23/15 08:31 PM

They are selling like hot cakes, no reason to drop the price. Go to a basschamps tournament next year and just look at all the brand new to less than 2 year old rigs. They are everywhere... Why stop?

And the Phoenix is comparable in price to the new FX model skeeter, you won't get off that cheap.

The new ZX, we hoped was going to set the bar for mfgs everywhere but that hasn't quite caught on yet.

And to the OP. That Fax back in 2011 wasn't much cheaper than today's orices... If you bought it used, someone but the bullet for you.

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/23/15 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: COHLMEYER
They are selling like hot cakes, no reason to drop the price. Go to a basschamps tournament next year and just look at all the brand new to less than 2 year old rigs. They are everywhere... Why stop?

And the Phoenix is comparable in price to the new FX model skeeter, you won't get off that cheap.

The new ZX, we hoped was going to set the bar for mfgs everywhere but that hasn't quite caught on yet.

And to the OP. That Fax back in 2011 wasn't much cheaper than today's orices... If you bought it used, someone but the bullet for you.
As stated I was in the boat business for 19 years you really think I was the one who bit the bullet....bought it with 80 hours on it!
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/23/15 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Insurance man

As stated I was in the boat business for 19 years you really think I was the one who bit the bullet....bought it with 80 hours on it!

You can still find loaded out Skeeters used. Good thing about being in Texas. They have several "TEAM" guys.
Posted By: skeeter james

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/23/15 10:06 PM

In 2014 I bought a 2013 Skeeter FX21. It was new. They also had the 2014 fx's in stock, but they were $15,000 more. They had a couple of things that the 2013 didn't have like better built in graphics, better deck latches (imo), the fan to dry out wet compartments. But was that worth $15,000??
Not to me... I went with the 2013 and it's the best boat I've ever been in in my opinion..
With the way prices are jumping, this is my last boat. I'll keep it floating and re power if I need to at a later date.

Heck, by then, the new motor will cost what I paid for this boat now anyway !!!
Posted By: ksalmon

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/23/15 10:06 PM

I would be too paranoid to get a boat like that in the damn water. Scuffed on rocks, stumps, etc. No thank you. I will just continue to buy a used one every 7-10 years or so and do just fine and not have a heart attack when not if it gets dinged up.
Posted By: mrbassin

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/23/15 10:11 PM

I have a 15 yr old triton. Starts every time, runs good, and always gets me back. A new boat doesn't make you catch more fish, however the guy driving the boat is the one that catches the fish.
Posted By: skeeter james

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/23/15 10:14 PM

And trucks??
I bought a 2006 ford f250 in 2005. I paid $33,000.
Now, 10 yrs later, a new f250 equipped the same as mine is almost double what I paid for my truck 10 yrs ago . ..
So, double the price in 10 yrs?? Come on..... somebody is robbing us consumers!!!

I hope I can get a million miles on my truck, because I won't pay what they want for a new one now..

And yes, (imo) the prices keep going up because they extend the financing for ever these days and because people keep buying them. Heck, 20 yrs ago I don't think you could get a car loan for more than 4-5 yrs. Now, they'll string the payments out as long as you're willing to pay them..
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/23/15 11:14 PM

Bottom line is, only way vehicles or boats ever come down in price will be when people stop Buying or paying the prices they charge, unfortunaley that will never happen. so this is something we have to live with, only thing u can do is keep ur vehicles and boats till they just stop running or working or if you have a boat it sinks and becomes structure.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/23/15 11:32 PM

I stink at fishing. I am certainly not going to spend 70k to catch 5 Dink's and go home. I just got back into a boat for about 10k. 2004 TZX 190. Great little boat. I am putting some money in it for graphs, tackle organization, seat reupholstered, LED lights, etc. I did finance for a long period of time but I am tripling the payments. Reason I did this is in case the worst happens or need something and need money I can make the minimum payment. Even with this I look at myself and think I can't believe I spent even this much to catch fish and throw them back.
Posted By: DJB

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 12:14 AM

the prices are what ever we will pay . Im looking at buying now but my problem is dealers nickle and diming you for stuff that I can buy cheaper on my own. Ask a dealer to come down any and they get insulted
Posted By: CHUNK-N-WINDING

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 12:16 AM

there are a whole lot more trucks sold than boats and the gross profits that a boat manufacturer has to make vs. dodge, ford, and Chevy who has an assembly line, has to be wayyyyy greater to stay in business. Plus the auto manufacturers make a lot of money on the back end, i.e. Financing and extended warranties. Where all ranger makes, is the profit off the boat. I do agree that 70-80k for a hobby is pretty steep. I bought a 2013 21i loaded that had 17 hours on it for 50k that the previous owner had left his deal sheet in the glove box and he paid 78k. That's about 1500 per hour that it costed him.
Posted By: Pufferfish

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 02:16 AM

I just paid 19k for my 2015 Lowe Stinger 175. I cried writing that check! The new Skeeters and the like are sure fancy, but for me it was all about practicality. It has everything i need to fish, and i dont have to get a second job just have a boat!
Posted By: 9094

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 02:36 AM

When my motor went south on my 2002 521 I bought a new SHO. The way I looked at it instead of spending 15k I saved 60k!
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 03:10 AM

Phoenix isnt any were compareable in price especially for what you get versus the other brands.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 03:10 AM

There are waaaay less expensive options.

Complaining about the cost of a brand new, 21', w/ a 250, poles, graphs, & all the bells & whistles is like complaining about the price of a new Mercedes or Aston Martin. Buy within YOUR budget & instead of trying to keep up with Joe Bob Bass. It's like a lot of us have been convinced we have to have that top of line rig or we can't be successful anglers...or maybe we think we won't be perceived as hardcore, successful anglers...hmmm.
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 03:16 AM

Some new Rangers are MSRPing over $100k. It's getting out of hand.
Posted By: jafish

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 03:37 AM

I can write a good check for a new bass boat but I wouldn't give 70k for two of them. If I give 70k for something it will have an attached garage and would be rented along with the ones i already own. The rent house is also a tax write off. There is nothing to a bass boat. No top no windows and they don't even have a/c or a heater and they want 70k for them. Maybe it's a 30k boat with a 40k trailer. Over rated like a $39.99 yeti cup or the $349.99 cooler. There are people out there buying them too. If i paid any of these prices you can bet I wouldn't tell anyone. It's status like mine is bigger than yours or i can pay more for mine than you can for yours.
Posted By: bossman

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 03:45 AM

I don't care how rich anyone is, it makes no sense to me how any object can cost 70K today and then be substantially less when the sun comes up the next day. I used to shake my head at the thought of how people absolutely go broke paying what they do to TRY to catch fish.....then it hit me, they didn't just go broke, they went into debt. DEBT=the American way.
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 04:01 AM

I see used boats on here all the time for $10-$15k that are all rigged up nice and ready to go. VERY nice used boats are out there that haven't been on the water much at all. I would never ever buy a new boat when basically the same boat is sitting in storage somewhere for sale for a fraction of the cost of a new one. MY last 2 boats were bought used and made excellent and reliable boats. You just need to do your due diligence in finding them. I could care less about status or perceived status.
Posted By: Hoss Holding

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 11:11 AM

I just bought me a brand new Z-7 with a 175, it has everything I want with the exception of a power pole, it runs great, very stable on the water, I could not be happier with the boat, did not break the bank as I got for around 28,000. Add in the 500 dollar gift card and the VIPcard for discounts on stuff I would buy any way. I think I got a pretty good deal as buying a brand new boat goes
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: deuce41
There are waaaay less expensive options.

Complaining about the cost of a brand new, 21', w/ a 250, poles, graphs, & all the bells & whistles is like complaining about the price of a new Mercedes or Aston Martin. Buy within YOUR budget & instead of trying to keep up with Joe Bob Bass. It's like a lot of us have been convinced we have to have that top of line rig or we can't be successful anglers...or maybe we think we won't be perceived as hardcore, successful anglers...hmmm.

This ^^

I've never understood these kinds of posts. Buy what you can afford and what works for you. Most of the guys buying a $70k boat aren't worried about the payments, same as the guy with the Mercedes...
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 12:29 PM

I got news for you, the price is not coming down, buy what you can afford or pay whatever you are willing to pay and just go fishing. I have bought 16 new bass boats in my life, my last one was a used 2014 boat, not sure what my next one will be, hopefully I can find a 6 months old demo colored and rigged to my liking.
Posted By: Lowly Net Boy

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 01:02 PM

Yea I agree these prices are outrageous,but if you do your research,and look you can save several thousand.
In 2005 I knew what I wanted and knew that this would be my last boat I would buy. Didn't really want a used boat so I knew I would pay. Finally decided what brand I wanted and the search began,ended up buying a Champion 206 Elite fully loaded w/250HPDI in Tenn. NOBODY here in Texas was willing to deal, so I found what I wanted in Tenn., saved 15-18k,and had it delivered to lake fork.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: mrbassin
I have a 15 yr old triton. Starts every time, runs good, and always gets me back. A new boat doesn't make you catch more fish, however the guy driving the boat is the one that catches the fish.

I doubt anyone is arguing that point here.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 01:25 PM

It does make some of us wonder what the true cost of building a boat is. Everything jumped up so much due to the petro prices going through the roof, yet the price has fallen through the ceiling and none of those items ever came back down.

I figure its like this, some of us can just flat out afford the high cost, some of us pretend we can afford the high pymt; but struggle to pay every bill that comes in due to foolishness & some of us will not waste the money on a over priced object.

I had a local boat dealer here telling me about his $76k rigged Skeeter and then crying that he wanted a new Dodge truck but it cost almost $50k rigged. hammer
Posted By: Madman Phoenix

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 02:04 PM

You can get into a bass boat somewhat cheap and have a blast fishing that's for sure. It will be a smaller boat and that is where the problem is. Limits you to where you can fish because of high winds and big water. When I got back into fishing 2 yeays ago, I bought a new cheaper $30,000.00 rig. Set it up like I wanted it and was at around $40,000.00. Boat was great until I would get stuck out in big wind and big water. Was not fun and (imo) kind of dangerous. So, here comes the bigger boat and with that comes a bigger price tag. The Phoenix 919 PRO is the same size and price of a Ranger Z119. The safety aspect of a bigger boat is why I went to a bigger boat that cost more. JMO. I went with Phoenix because of the ride, layout, and fit and finish. It still came down to safty for me,my family and friends.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 02:10 PM

70k? Look how long these boats are financed for and then add the interest. Way more than 70. It isn't s matter of can I afford the payment or not, I just don't know how I can justify that for a hobby. I'd expect luxury items like heated seats for that kind of price
Posted By: Champion1

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 02:30 PM

I just dont understand the current thinking that you HAVE to have a 20 footer or its not safe or you wont catch as many fish, blah blah blah. Back in the day a 18 with a 150 on it was a big boat and we all lived thru it and caught fish like crazy. I just laugh everytime I see a post where a guy will say hes gonna fish tourneys and everyone tells him he has to get a 20 footer with a 250 or he wont be competitive. I have won alot of money over the years out of 17-18 foot boats. As far as the safety factor if you know how to drive a boat properly you wont have any problem around here except maybe on Tawakoni! I think everyone has bought into the whole my boat is bigger than your boat thing. Its more a macho thing than anything else IMO.
Posted By: Reds Bass Guide on Sandlin

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 02:32 PM

Its not so bad if you swap em out right. I buy a used boat every 2-3 yrs. and pay 15-20K then sell it and get another. Yes I loose money but just a few thousand and pay cash. And twice came out even. The boat for me is a get a way, a sanctuary from people. Catching a fish is a bonus. The money is entertainment money the boat is a toy. If I need to sell it for the money then a disaster has happened. Things I have learned- Stay with a Bass cat, Skeeter, Ranger as someone wants it. 20ft boat is lots more fun than an 18ft. A Yamaha hpdi is quieter and more enjoyable than an Merc opti. My current boat is a 2006 Ranger z20 225 hpdi 900 hrs, came with twin power poles paid 19,500.
Posted By: Madman Phoenix

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 03:38 PM

I didn't buy the biggest boat and don't care if it's bigger than yours. You can be ok in a smaller boat if you know how to drive it. That's a fact. The bottom line is a bigger boat is not only safer but a lot more comfortable to be in all day. Not trying to argue at all. If you ask anyone that fishes a lot and I mean a lot why they are in a big boat, they will more than likely tell the same thing. Safer and comfortable.
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 04:51 PM

I think that's why Nitro is the top selling bass boat right now, it's because they're cheaper then other boats, but what a lot of consumer's don't realize is that the initial price on them are with a boat that is 50hp under power.
Posted By: rockyknox

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 04:58 PM

70K is crazy. You can get new for much less.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Madman Phoenix
You can get into a bass boat somewhat cheap and have a blast fishing that's for sure. It will be a smaller boat and that is where the problem is. Limits you to where you can fish because of high winds and big water. When I got back into fishing 2 yeays ago, I bought a new cheaper $30,000.00 rig. Set it up like I wanted it and was at around $40,000.00. Boat was great until I would get stuck out in big wind and big water. Was not fun and (imo) kind of dangerous. So, here comes the bigger boat and with that comes a bigger price tag. The Phoenix 919 PRO is the same size and price of a Ranger Z119. The safety aspect of a bigger boat is why I went to a bigger boat that cost more. JMO. I went with Phoenix because of the ride, layout, and fit and finish. It still came down to safty for me,my family and friends.

I fished for 15 years out of a 18ft Champion on lakes like Roberts and Fork and Falcon and Rayburn. Learn to drive it and you can fish in any weather and wind. You might have to go slow and it might not be any fun, but you ain't gonna die
Posted By: rockyknox

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: 04champ
Originally Posted By: Madman Phoenix

I fished for 15 years out of a 18ft Champion on lakes like Roberts and Fork and Falcon and Rayburn. Learn to drive it and you can fish in any weather and wind. You might have to go slow and it might not be any fun, but you ain't gonna die

^^^^^
Posted By: 361V

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 05:33 PM

I agree that prices are out of control but honestly they have always been out of control. This topic has been around since bass boats have been marketed.
Posted By: Easy Fisherman

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 05:42 PM

it is the worst of all investments and if you can't pay cash you lose the interest money plus the big depreciation value yearly - for young folks that have to buy on credit - how do you figure it to be a wise investment -- you can't
Posted By: perrypogue

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 06:24 PM

I've spent a lot of money on whiskey, women and bass boats .... the rest I've wasted
Posted By: Dubee

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 06:50 PM

I see alot of responses saying everyone buying a $70,000 boat is trying to keep up. Maybe they can afford what they want. I have a 15 yr old 21ft triton, bought new. Paid it off in 5 yrs. My next boat will probably over 70 grand. It will be what I want, i don't care about keeping up with anyone.
Posted By: 361V

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Easy Fisherman
it is the worst of all investments and if you can't pay cash you lose the interest money plus the big depreciation value yearly - for young folks that have to buy on credit - how do you figure it to be a wise investment -- you can't
Completely agreed except if you use the terminology "investment" and "new boat purchase" in the same statement you are confused from the start! :-)
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Dubee
I see alot of responses saying everyone buying a $70,000 boat is trying to keep up. Maybe they can afford what they want. I have a 15 yr old 21ft triton, bought new. Paid it off in 5 yrs. My next boat will probably over 70 grand. It will be what I want, i don't care about keeping up with anyone.

I agree....not all are trying to keep up with the "Jones" but many are and regret it later. I know a man who drove his "old truck" til the day he died......he was wealthy......people who didn't know him assumed he didn't have much because of where he lived and what he drove......"perceptions". Some buy nice stuff because they can while others buy stuff because they want to give others the perception they can. As long as a man is taking care of his responsibilities, there is nothing wrong with him spending his money on "wants" or "toys". Just my opinion....Prices are based on what the market will bear.....whether ice chests, shoes, or boats.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/24/15 11:05 PM

My next boat will be a 1 or 2 year old 20 footer from either Ranger or Phoenix. If I lived closer to good fishing I would already have it. The way I look at is, I make good money and fishing is my hobby. I don't spend much money on anything else so I will pay 40-50k on a new, "used" boat. Il let the initial owner take the big depreciation hit, then il have what I want. If I had to finance a boat for a long time, I wouldn't buy it. I would just buy what I could afford. Could I buy a 70 k boat, yes, but I feel like buying a year or 2 old one is much smarter..
Posted By: Workfishngolf37

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/25/15 10:19 PM

im a guy that could afford to buy a 70,000 bass boat on 5 year note. But the way I look at it is after you add insurance, gas,oil,lures,rod n reel,maintenance, and whatever else comes up. That would put too much stress on me and fishing wouldn't be fun. Maybe that's why so many people are mad out on the water.
Posted By: stetson

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/25/15 10:30 PM

One day after I get out of school I might be lucky and get one of these caliber rigs but for right now with school and going everyone fish the college circuit I'll keep my 01
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/26/15 12:31 AM

I have been to many dealers and I have yet to see any of them hold a gun to anyone's head making them buy a boat they could not afford.
Posted By: D Thomas

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/26/15 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: perrypogue
I've spent a lot of money on whiskey, women and bass boats .... the rest I've wasted

LOL
Posted By: patriot07

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/26/15 01:56 AM

The prices are what folks are paying. However, I don't agree that a 21' Ranger is like buying a Mercedes. Where is the Chevrolet/Ford in that comparison? A 21' boat with nothing but the basics for $25k?

I've got a 17' Triton that's 18 years old. I just can't imagine replacing it with a $70,000 boat, regardless of what features it may or may not have. The Triton does just fine, although I'd like to be able to get out on windier days sometimes. A 21' boat might be nice, and I'd probably be willing to drop $20k-$25k eventually if I could swap it for a new one and that cash. But $40k+ for a new boat is beyond insane. $50k, $60k, $70k+ is ridiculous. People paying that have more money than sense, unless they're making a living out of it. Just as simple as that to me IMH.
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/26/15 02:37 AM

I just can't wait until today's rigs are 10 years old so I can afford one of those bad boys!
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/26/15 03:41 AM

Here's an example I just ran across that only $12,500 and looks to be worth every penny. You could take this boat fishing on any lake tomorrow and not worry.

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/5282883187.html
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/26/15 06:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
I have been to many dealers and I have yet to see any of them hold a gun to anyone's head making them buy a boat they could not afford.

Never saw a realtor hold a gun to someones head either. Over pricing and getting creative to convince people that they could afford something over priced really worked out great in that market. I'd like to see some statistics on boat sales and see how sharply their prices peaked. I tried searching for info but couldn't find any

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/26/15 11:32 AM

I trade out every 4 years and usually put 7-10,000 in my pocket but I finance for 6 years and my CU is great on interest 2.9% is normal sometimes lower 3 at the most. You stretch one out 12-15 years at 9+ interest yes that not a very smart move and you will be stuck with it or will be severly upside down if you trade in or sale.

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/26/15 11:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Workfishngolf37
im a guy that could afford to buy a 70,000 bass boat on 5 year note. But the way I look at it is after you add insurance, gas,oil,lures,rod n reel,maintenance, and whatever else comes up. That would put too much stress on me and fishing wouldn't be fun. Maybe that's why so many people are mad out on the water.
Not me it dont I love it doesnt bother me a bit.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/26/15 12:11 PM

Seems to me the new premium boat prices track right inline with the fully loaded Chevy Suburban prices. I bought a new LTZ 4X4 Suburban earlier this year. Sticker price was $74K...

Not happy about it but it is what it is.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/26/15 12:15 PM

I think everyone should pay cash for a boat. And I think the amount paid should be what they win over the course of a year in tourney fishing. Haha. If that would happen, everyone would be in old Nitros like me.

Maybe

Some would be bank fishing.

I don't think a hobby should be a burden on the bank account. At least it is that way around here in my house. I bass fish, and it pays for itself. My wife likes building craft stuff. She has wholesalers that buy them from her and it pays for itself.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/26/15 12:15 PM

You do not have to spend 70K to get a decent bass boat. To be clear I could easily afford one, but the math doesn't make sense in my book. Last year I bought a 2 year old TZX 190 skeeter with 20 hours in mint condition for $21K. The boat is only 18 feet, so there are some exceptionally windy days where someone in a 21 footer will be a bit more comfortable. Also, the boat is also only 175 horse, so I top out around 62 mph. The way I see it another $50K would have got me a little more comfort and about 10 mph on the top end. Unless you don't care about money or are a top notch tournament fishermen I don't see how anyway makes the math work on a $70K boat. To each their own though!
Posted By: Dakota22

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/26/15 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: 9094
When my motor went south on my 2002 521 I bought a new SHO. The way I looked at it instead of spending 15k I saved 60k!

True story. If/when my motor goes out on my 91 Ranger 482v, I'll just put a new 175 sho on it.
Posted By: CTA

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/26/15 07:21 PM

How much and when will you be selling your 2011 FX?

Re: New Bass Boat Prices - 10/26/15 07:59 PM

I need 44k with the 2 12' Talons or 41k without them. The boat has Hydraulic Jack Plate, hot foot, dual console, perko switch, am/fm stereo, 998 si, 788 si on front, tilt hydraulic steering, tough skins motor cover, 101 minn kota, 250 Sho, new custom wheels and tires all in great condition. Let me know if interested I will get you some pics...thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum