Texas Fishing Forum

Rain Effects

Posted By: Brad R

Rain Effects - 10/23/15 01:46 PM

I might have chosen a different lake but I knew Benbrook was likely soaked a bit from the rain coming through.

This is a graphic as of 8 AM this morning and we just had a really heavy cell pass over Fort Worth. I suppose what should happen, even if the rain were to halt altogether, is there'd be more water elevation in the lake owing to what is coming in from watershed and rivers/creeks.

Pretty neat that a nice rain can pop a lake up pretty fast. We need more in many lakes; after a heavy spring, the summer was pretty dry.

Take a look. Brad

Posted By: Phototex

Re: Rain Effects - 10/25/15 04:37 PM

Interesting, Brad. It did come up fairly quickly. I'm wondering about how much rain the other local (and not so local) waters got, and what their levels are right now. Some info is available at:

http://www.lakelevels.info/?StateID=TX

How much rain did you get over there in Cowtown? We got at least 12.9".
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Rain Effects - 10/25/15 10:15 PM

Tom, Quite a lot. In the TCU area, we had over 5" recorded in the paper (by a friend of mine) and then another almost 3", so around 8".

Bank fished Squaw Creek today: 5 bass and 1 absolutely huge Tilapia, I suppose well over 3 lbs. Two friends went out Saturday and caught two huge Tilapia, too.

Lake Athens was back up to 441' last I checked.

Brad
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Rain Effects - 10/25/15 10:23 PM

Athens is back up to "overfull".
Fished it this morning.
The fish have not yet moved back into the flooded weeds. Still at pre-rain depth
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Rain Effects - 10/26/15 12:23 AM

Pool was up almost 3 ft. And the bass were in the "new" 3 ft of water. Lol. Caught them pretty steadily. All I caught were on a jig. My back seat caught them all on a rattle trap. We boated around 40-45 over a 5 hour period.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum